Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Transfer fees aren't imcluded in FFP
    WAGES ARE
  • ButtleJR said:
    Cardiff striker wanted to come but Cardiff blocked the move. Sounds like he won't be coming at this point. 

JR, does this mean that Slobadan Tedic will happen as the grains of sands only have 48 hours left. ⏳⌛🕚
    I'd say so, though not heard anything directly
  • supaclive said:
    Melrose said:
    Why, oh why then, did they buy the fucking club? One has to wonder what their true motives are. 2 months in and they have totally lost the fans. This isn't going to end well. Billionaires, AS,  my arse
    Salaries for the gang of 4
    5% equity for CM for putting the deal together 
    A stupid belief that a bunch of kids, some freebies, a couple of good buys and some loans could get CAFC of this league
    Over estimating their footballing prowess

Absolute bunch of wank 
    Think this hits the nail on the head.

Hoping they fluke 6th and a playoff win, sell on at a profit.
  • supaclive said:
    Transfer fees aren't imcluded in FFP
    WAGES ARE
    not strictly true, the full fee won’t be counted this year but will be spread out over the course of the contract. what I can’t work out is if L1 is governed by FFP or SCMP. I don’t think fees are included in SCMP 
  • shirty5 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Striker and right back are apparently coming. We need to get two more out to get any more in than that whilst staying within the rules. So don't write that off just yet. 

What rules are those please? FFP or something else 
    Too many internationals
  • I thought the squad cap rules were removed at the same time as the salary cap rules (which were put in place during Covid). That limited us to spending £2.5m on salaries along with a limit on the number of players. The rules were later changed back to SCMP (FFP in L1 and L2).
  • edited August 2023
    fenaddick said:
    supaclive said:
    WAGES ARE
    not strictly true, the full fee won’t be counted this year but will be spread out over the course of the contract. what I can’t work out is if L1 is governed by FFP or SCMP. I don’t think fees are included in SCMP 
    That's how fees are treated in the accounts, but only wages taken into account for setting the FFP limit, which is 60% of turnover IIRC, and can include equity investment. Outfield Squad limit is 22 excluding under 21's.

Doubt we're near either limit, but I also doubt anyone on here knows what the wage/turnover figures are that are relevant at the moment.

Squad limit numbers were not removed at the same time as the salary cap rules. That is a myth.

Edit - I was in direct contact with the EFL last season who confirmed to me that the L1 limit was 22. I don't think it has changed.
  • I can see it now - “We tried to bring new players in but they wouldn’t sign due to the uncertainty over our manager” . 
    There's no way the club will put out a statement like that & make our SMT look like a group of bumbling idiots. They'll probably just say that we tried but just couldn't get them over the line in time & make our SMT look like a group of bumbling liars. 
  • Sponsored links:

• swordfish said:
    fenaddick said:
    supaclive said:
    WAGES ARE
    That's how fees are treated in the accounts, but only wages taken into account for setting the FFP limit, which is 60% of turnover IIRC, and can include equity investment. Outfield Squad limit is 22 excluding under 21's.

Doubt we're near either limit, but I also doubt anyone on here knows what the wage/turnover figures are that are relevant at the moment.

Squad limit numbers were not removed at the same time as the salary cap rules. That is a myth.
    That's SCMP not FFP. It's why there's so much chat about how Chelsea are going to pass FFP regulations this year. I think L1 uses SCMP which is the 60% of turnover you were talking about
  • Scoham said:
    I thought the squad cap rules were removed at the same time as the salary cap rules (which were put in place during Covid). That limited us to spending £2.5m on salaries along with a limit on the number of players. The rules were later changed back to SCMP (FFP in L1 and L2).
    No there’s still a squat limit but we’re not in danger of breaching that that’s for sure 
  • NabySarr said:
    Croydon said:
    nagAddick said:
    Rumours on ittv that it’s likely to only be Dabo and Tedic signing
    Shit first window from the new mob if that's the case 
    Not signed enough players and have sacked the manager before the end of the window. This month couldn’t have gone much worse. Shame after some promising signings but they’ve fucked it up big time this month 
    Surprise surprise  :(
  • Did Chem not take Manny’s squad place (albeit different position)? 
  • Can see us getting out of contract players in too. Quite a few still available.
  • Fumbluff said:
    Talal said:
    Unless something is happening late on that's 3 times now an ITK has been told a striker will be announced and nothing happened. Who's feeding the lies, Charlie? 
    Charlie told me my winkle was the largest he’d ever seen and now I’m worried he might have been fibbing

Ahem, maybe start a new thread, members only.  :D
  • What I don’t understand is why would Methven be playing silly buggers at this point in time?
    I assume he has told his money men that a top six finish is the minimum requirement. The way he appears to be going about things isn’t exactly conducive to achieving that objective.
    He is an arrogant buffoon - listen to his interviews.

He will get found out and hopefully removed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Melrose said:
    Why, oh why then, did they buy the fucking club? One has to wonder what their true motives are. 2 months in and they have totally lost the fans. This isn't going to end well. Billionaires, AS,  my arse
    As I keep saying to give methven & the gang a wage while getting someone else to fund the running of the club. Of course what bullshit they've told the "investors" who knows ?
  • edited August 2023
    Starting to wonder if most of the signings we’ve made were pre done by Gallen, and he ended up blowing the budget, funded by billionaires, lol, what a smokescreen that is to hide behind.
  • supaclive said:
    We are NOWHERE NEAR FFP!

I can't believe people still believe this crap
    Even if we were there's nothing to stop the investors inputting some cash into the club, if they wanted to or were aware of the fact.
  • The over 21 squad limit is 20 this season, same as last season. 

Keepers don't count

Hector
    Thomas
    Jones
    Edun
    Dobson
    Taylor
    Camara
    McGrandles
    Fraser
    Kirk
    Blackett-Taylor
    Jayesimi
    May
    Aneke

Dabo if signed

That's 15 that count, so way under the limit. 

I don't know if the 2.5m salary cap is still a thing
  • edited August 2023
    fenaddick said:
    NabySarr said:
    fenaddick said:
    unless the wages we are paying are championship level we can’t be anywhere near FFP limits. Our squad is small and we haven’t spent much on transfers fees really. If a L1 team is having FFP issues they’d basically need to be going bust 
    Only thing I can think of is that we are probably still pay the transfer fees of Jaiyesimi, Kirk, Stockley, Lavelle, Aneke as these are usually paid in instalments over the duration of the contract they sign rather than in one go. That (and the wages of those that are still here) might be having an impact now 
    those fees would have been amortised over the length of their contract anyway regardless of payment structure
    & I think (correct me if I'm wrong) transfer fees don't count towards FFP. 
  • Scoham said:
    I thought the squad cap rules were removed at the same time as the salary cap rules (which were put in place during Covid). That limited us to spending £2.5m on salaries along with a limit on the number of players. The rules were later changed back to SCMP (FFP in L1 and L2).
    No there’s still a squat limit but we’re not in danger of breaching that that’s for sure 
    There is with my knees
  • Starting to wonder if most of the signings we’ve made were pre done by Gallen, and he ended up blowing the budget, funded by billionaires, lol, what a smokescreen that is to hide behind.
    The signing of Alfie was funded by a sponsor not our owners ( & apologies I can't remember who posted that but he confirmed it 100% ) 
  • Starting to wonder if most of the signings we’ve made were pre done by Gallen, and he ended up blowing the budget, funded by billionaires, lol, what a smokescreen that is to hide behind.
    The signing of Alfie was funded by a sponsor not our owners ( & apologies I can't remember who posted that but he confirmed it 100% ) 
    Plaayer.
  • Been told there should be some action before Fridays deadline. 
    Down at the Millers you mean ??