Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• What I don’t understand is why would Methven be playing silly buggers at this point in time?
    I assume he has told his money men that a top six finish is the minimum requirement. The way he appears to be going about things isn’t exactly conducive to achieving that objective.
  • Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    Does the window shut at 11pm tomorrow?
    11pm Friday
    Thank you.
  • clive said:
    seth plum said:
    In England and Scotland, the transfer window shuts at 11pm on Friday 1 September.

All five major European leagues will close their transfer window on the same 1 September deadline, although not all at the same time.

The majority of countries share the same 11pm deadline. Clubs in Spain and France will need to register players by that time, with Italy due to close a little earlier at 7pm.

Germany continues its tradition of being the first of the major leagues to close its transfer window, with the Bundesliga requiring all deals to be completed by 5pm.

There are a handful of European countries who will allow new players to be registered later than England, most notably Belgium (6 September), Turkey (8 September) and Portugal (22 September).

The Saudi Arabia transfer deadline is 20 September.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/transfer-window-deadline-day-2023-everything-you-need-to-know#:~:text=All five major European leagues,a little earlier at 7pm.

Thank you.
  • seth plum said:
    FRIDAY
    Thank you.
  • As Airman suggests It does seem like Methven and ( presumably) Leneghan deliberately mislead Reams on ITTV and Dubai on here that there are positive things happening - lots of money to spend, billionaire owners , strikers incoming frequently and popular ex managers in the running for the managerial post. 
    I’m not sure how sustainable this campaign of misinformation is and I have no direct knowledge of Methven but he certainly has the pedigree for this sort of activity. I suppose a few more chickens will come home to roost by Friday at 11pm. 
    It certainly won't last long Albury, we only have to look at East Street Investments attempt at bullshitting their way through a transfer window. Methven surely knows that after the dismissal of Holden, the fans are now watching, his and his associates next move. Failure to invest in the team will ultimately lead to their demise and no amount of social media manipulation will stop that.
  • Been told there should be some action before Fridays deadline. 
    Definitely maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Been told there should be some action before Fridays deadline. 
    Will that be fans storming the board room or a delivery of red trousers for the players?
  • nagAddick said:
    Rumours on ittv that it’s likely to only be Dabo and Tedic signing
    Don’t expect anything else tbh. Not having a manager isn’t exactly helpful to recruit players. Even though managers aren’t as involved in recruitment it’s a big factor for the player deciding to join 
  • edited August 2023
    Oggy Red said:
    Momentum building for 11pm Friday 1st September.

Fanny will have a tingle. Guess the headlines on the OS ...... ?

Got to be ...

The Return of ........

Fanny's Tingle !!!!

About bloomin' time ! 
  • nagAddick said:
    Rumours on ittv that it’s likely to only be Dabo and Tedic signing
    If this turns out to be the case then we need to pray that the new manager is quality, as best case we’re hoping for mid table and worst case my joke a few weeks back about going on League Two tour could be eerily prophetic! 

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss. 
    Saturday should be fun!
  • Sponsored links:

• I know there no good and hardly played but Surely having got rid of payne today and
    Kirk Jaiyesimi and Mcgrandles possibly to follow we need at least them numbers replaced as we can see we are already short of numbers and quality in the squad

pure stupidity if they leave us that short
  • Is there a squad number limit now and if so what us it?
    Without doing the maths, we surely must be well under, considering the number of underage players in the team at the moment
  • Why, oh why then, did they buy the fucking club? One has to wonder what their true motives are. 2 months in and they have totally lost the fans. This isn't going to end well. Billionaires, AS,  my arse
    21 outfield players, I think.

We are well short of that.
  • I would be ultimately disappointed if it was just the 2 ins before the window closes. Feels like yet again we're leaving ourselves short. Would have liked another creative midfield player to replace Payne and cover Fraser but I wonder if Andy Scott sees Chem Campbell as that?