Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Well if the same Barnsley fans who told us Istead is Gordon Banks reincarnated perhaps if they think Tedic is shit he'll be a world beater for us 
  • I'm happy we're signing someone up front, indeed we could have done with him a month ago, but his record last season is a bit underwhelming.

Only started 4 games in the regular season for Barnsley, though he did start all 3 playoff games suggesting that he improved as the season went on.

• Tedic was the failed last Friday signing and is also 23 and a typical underwhelming Charlton signing 
    Here come the “underwhelmed’ posts….. Some of you are just destined to live miserably forever  
    Yep being Charlton fan is not providing much pleasure at the moment, but come on a 23 year old who has done nothing,  you keep taking the happy pills.
    If he wants to make it in the game, especially given who his parent club is... He needs to start producing - So why not here? - The attitude on here, only wanting proven players... proven Managers is a bit odd

We're a League One team, need to start properly scouting players, and seeing potential again.

Kirk | McGrandles | Payne have proven themselves at this level prior to joining havent they - Same with Nicky Ajose who scored a ton of goals prior to joining, that worked out great.

Need to start adopting the Peterborough approach to identifying players, rather than our current one.
    The difference being that Ajose wasn’t scouted by and signed by Manchester City for three million euros. They still must see something in him or he’d be long gone. Doubt he’ll make it with them. Not many punts would but I think what he’ll provide is technical ability and hold up play. Him swapping with Miles could be an even better consequence. I think we’re fucked as a fan base. We’ve been made as cynical and anti everything before the off. Read back over this thread. Cosgrove was underwhelming, Nombe for some was a risk too far. JCH too old and an arsehole. Armstrong too ugly. Very hard supporting us right now for many many reasons but the absolute and constant never ending doom, doom doom is driving me away. It’s supposed to be fun. Why not give the lad a chance. No. Thought not.
  • DOUCHER said:
    BTW - Charlton said they would make room for Lewis even though it wasn't a priority position - he felt that Holden leaving wasn't good for his chances of moving here however although thats not to say he won't - Leeds won't loan him to another championship club - he has 6 months to go then he can talk to other clubs - he has lots opf clubs interested - he just wants to play football though and sitting on a bench for 6 months isn't what he wants or why he chose to move from Chelsea to Leeds.   
    Does this mean he still would come despite the managerial uncertainty?

Now Payne has gone I think he would fit the bill as a replacement. Crucially for me he is also left footed.
  • Another player to add into our squad with little experience and expected to step up without any leadership around him. 

They're not learning from their mistakes it seems. 
    What leadership from the likes of 30 yo May, 28 yo Fraser and Captain Dobson you mean, ok.
  • Why is this Dabo signing being dragged out so much, surely means he's weighing up his options?

I'm trying to play catch up on this thread.
    Only on page 419 but didn't Dabo fail a medical ?
  • Why is this Dabo signing being dragged out so much, surely means he's weighing up his options?

I'm trying to play catch up on this thread.
    Only on page 419 but didn't Dabo fail a medical ?
    Twice now apparently but played for the U21s the other week and put in a good performance according to reports.
  • Sponsored links:

• Etete is 6ft 6 and scored last night for Cardiff. 3 in 13 for Cheltenham in 21-22 season. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Striker set to be announced today
    Cawley hasn't heard he is signing, is Tedic still happening?.
  • edited August 2023
    As much as I'd like to see a more proven forward come in its a fine loan signing, got some idea of professional football and spent some time at one of the top European clubs and a youth international, he's no more useless or out of his depth than kanu who people are currently raving about with 3 goals to his name this season already. 

Anyway, half of you would be raging if we brought in someone expecting to start as then it'll be "but but but.. Leaburn" "CHUKS IS THE BEST SUB IN WORLD FOOTBALL HOW DARE THIS MAN TAKE HIS PLACE ARRRrraaggghhhhgghhghgh"

• RedJohn said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    As I mentioned, only passing on what I am told
  • fenaddick said:
    I mentioned it on twitter/X 

Alf has experience playing with him :https://www.newschainonline.com/sport/mens-sport/football/alfie-may-and-kion-etete-earn-praise-as-cheltenham-thrash-doncaster-257557

These types of big strikers will be good cover while Leaburn makes his way back in the team. No issue with signing them as long as they are seen as bit part players as I certainly can't see either making a huge impact.

Takes the pressure off of Kanu too
    I actually think he'd be a decent signing for this reason. Both him and Tedic look like they'll compliment May without being so good that Leaburn is on the bench all season
  • If our answer is a lad who has spent 50% of his career on the bench at standards of football either adjacent or marginally higher then I don't want to know the question 
    He'll do that for us too when Leaburn is back. 

With Games going on for 100 minutes we need both Leaburn and I assume Tedic to job share the central striker role.
    With Miles having had 2 or 3 injuries already in his short adult career no way can he play 3 games a week being battered by hairy arsed 3rd tier CB. 

• cafc_se7 said:
    People need to remember that we have Leaburn back to whom I actually think May will form a formidable partnership. Tedic will help and hopefully Chuks and Kanu can feature where possible. 

No I am not Charlie before someone calls it. I am being deadly serious thinking about it logically. I would love to see Nombe or JCH as much as anyone else. I am just glad to see our Miles back! 
    I think i see a problem here.......
    I’m being serious, if we have an extra man in our forward line. Chuks could literally play the cameo role for the second half of the season. You may laugh but let’s see how he fairs! We all know what he can do when he is utilised in that role for short spells. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    RedJohn said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    As I mentioned, only passing on what I am told
    Thanks for sharing, hope you will continue to do so.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumour, and it's only a rumour, is that McGrandles is injured and out for a couple of months.

And while I don't rate him at all that is bad news because it means we can't move him on this week, possibly meaning one less player in.
    Unless that's why Payne is off? I know they're different types of midfielder but would free up a bit of space
  • Another player to add into our squad with little experience and expected to step up without any leadership around him. 

They're not learning from their mistakes it seems. 
    23 is a pro at most clubs. 
  • Rumour, and it's only a rumour, is that McGrandles is injured and out for a couple of months.

And while I don't rate him at all that is bad news because it means we can't move him on this week, possibly meaning one less player in.
    The injury curse strikes again
  • Etete would be an intriguing option.