Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Tedic should be a decent option and at least gives us a bit more of a target man to play with May. But I hope this is just the start of things for in's in the next 48 hours 
  • Tedic career stats:

63 starts, 65 sub appearances, 6356 minutes, 20 goals.

So he averages a goal every 317 minutes. 
    Do we know anything about his record for City's under 23's. They must see something in him, can't see why they would keep a 23 year old on the books?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Tedic career stats:

Do we know anything about his record for City's under 23's. They must see something in him, can't see why they would keep a 23 year old on the books?
    Players like this get long contracts, spend some time developing at the club and go on loan for a few years. He won’t make it with them but if he does well with us he could be sold for a few million and potentially a profit.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Tedic career stats:

Don't think he's played for them, or not much anyway. Been on loan since they signed him. I'd imagine they just haven't been able to sell him on. His contract expires next summer I according to Transfermarkt
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Tedic career stats:

Doesnt look like he's ever played for Man City

Slobodan Tedic - Player profile 23/24 | Transfermarkt
  • Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Tedic career stats:

Players like this get long contracts, spend some time developing at the club and go on loan for a few years. He won’t make it with them but if he does well with us he could be sold for a few million and potentially a profit.
    Maybe the case, so they much see some potential in him to make some money out of him.. Which would be 3 mill plus, so that is a higher value than any of current players?
  • If our answer is a lad who has spent 50% of his career on the bench at standards of football either adjacent or marginally higher then I don't want to know the question 
  • Sponsored links:

• If our answer is a lad who has spent 50% of his career on the bench at standards of football either adjacent or marginally higher then I don't want to know the question 
    He'll do that for us too when Leaburn is back. 
  • Scoham said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    We're loaning a 23 year old with 16 Serbian u21 appearances, league 1 experience, who Man City paid 3million euros for to work alongside our goal scoring striker and people are disappointed by this?
    Weren’t you hoping for someone more proven rather than another youngster lacking experience?

If he had made a bigger impact at Barnsley it would be exciting, but without that he’s someone who could just need a run of games or a player we’ll be looking to send back in January. 

Last season is more relevant than his transfer fee or u21 caps. There could be potential there, but we know from experience big clubs sign promising young players in bulk in the hope a few make it, many of them don’t reach their potential.

One to wait and see, I’m not writing him off but he’s not one of those signings I could confidently say will do well.
    You could argue that if he had made a bigger impact there, then he wouldn't be loaned back to league 1 again as he'd be deemed too good for this level.

I'd be interested to know if Barnsley wanted him back, as if not that probably says a lot. Although i'm not sure if they've signed someone permanent instead.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    People need to remember that we have Leaburn back to whom I actually think May will form a formidable partnership. Tedic will help and hopefully Chuks and Kanu can feature where possible. 

No I am not Charlie before someone calls it. I am being deadly serious thinking about it logically. I would love to see Nombe or JCH as much as anyone else. I am just glad to see our Miles back! 
    I think i see a problem here.......
  • cafc_se7 said:
    People need to remember that we have Leaburn back to whom I actually think May will form a formidable partnership. Tedic will help and hopefully Chuks and Kanu can feature where possible. 

No I am not Charlie before someone calls it. I am being deadly serious thinking about it logically. I would love to see Nombe or JCH as much as anyone else. I am just glad to see our Miles back! 
    You can put up all the excuses you like cafc_se7, the doomsters on here will hunt you down for your unbridled positivity. Seriously it comes to something when you have to apologise for taking a positive slant on matters. 
  • We desperately need reinforcements up front in particular someone who can hold it up and assist May so Tedic could be a good signing - my only concern is that we lack experience in this squad - I would have preferred a seasoned pro like a Deon Burton/Paul Hayes/Billy Clarke type who is comfortable on the ball and can cope with the physical challenges from lower league CBs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    We're loaning a 23 year old with 16 Serbian u21 appearances, league 1 experience, who Man City paid 3million euros for to work alongside our goal scoring striker and people are disappointed by this?
    Some of them would be disappointed if we signed Haaland. Let them live in misery.
    Now you're being silly! 
    I will make up my mind about him, once I've seen him play.
    I think a lot are upset because we hoped some money would be invested into the team. But if you say anything negative, you do seem to get jumped on.
    I mean as soon as someone says something positive the vultures pick away at em.
  • cafc_se7 said:

Miles is back in training. Had no pre season. I don't expect to see him in a matchday squad for a few weeks yet.
  • Tedic looks a decent punt.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Sooo..........3 days of the window left.

Do we even have a transfer rumour?

A loan.  We genuinely can't sell the remaining dregs can we.   And for people thinking we should keep Payne - nobody in League 1 wants him.

His contract is up next summer I think. This loan is as good as a sale
    Except it comes with no sales income!
    And presumably we're still paying some if his wages.

But at least it's something off the book.
    Depending on the deal, savings in wages could potentially match proceeds of a transfer fee less full season’s wages.
  • edited August 2023
    Scoham said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    Some of them would be disappointed if we signed Haaland. Let them live in misery.
    The likes of May, Camara and Edun were exciting signings as they’re proven L1 players. Don’t you see the difference between them and Tedic?
    Not sure what that matters.

Ben Watson and Harry Arter were proven at a higher level and were awful. Conor Gallagher most of us had never heard of and he was immense.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    Haarland missed a penalty on Sunday - overrated 
  • Scoham said:
    RC_CAFC said:
    The likes of May, Camara and Edun were exciting signings as they’re proven L1 players. Don’t you see the difference between them and Tedic?
    Sign a proven League 1 player and you get labelled unambitious and the player "will never amount to more"
  • cafc_se7 said:

Chuks will have a little think about that !