Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Sooo..........3 days of the window left.

Do we even have a transfer rumour?

A loan.  We genuinely can't sell the remaining dregs can we.   And for people thinking we should keep Payne - nobody in League 1 wants him.

His contract is up next summer I think. This loan is as good as a sale
    Except it comes with no sales income!
    No one would give us any money for him, even if he had a 10 year contract. We got him in on a free as well! 
  • Payne feels like one of those players that's excellent in League 2 but not quite good enough to be a starter for a top L1 team. Will be interesting to see how we upgrade there.

I'd really like Lewis Bate but I think Leeds might need another CM in their end. I saw they had a deal collapse yesterday for a German CM.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

A loan.  We genuinely can't sell the remaining dregs can we.   And for people thinking we should keep Payne - nobody in League 1 wants him.

who on earth is gonna buy him!!....I'm guessing we are also still paying some of his wages until the summer as well
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

These loan deals are designed to either get his Wage off our books, or part of it.
  • Bring in Freeman, massive upgrade on Payne. 
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

who on earth is gonna buy him!!....I'm guessing we are also still paying some of his wages until the summer as well
    That's my point entirely.  Nobody wants to buy players we don't want ourselves.

Our recruitment has been so poor the last 18 months.  Killing us for this season and maybe next.  I fear we are stuck in League 1 until Chuks and Kirk are off the books or the owners stick in a pile of £EQUITY not loans.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Payne feels like one of those players that's excellent in League 2 but not quite good enough to be a starter for a top L1 team. Will be interesting to see how we upgrade there.

I'd really like Lewis Bate but I think Leeds might need another CM in their end. I saw they had a deal collapse yesterday for a German CM.
    I think it’s if we upgrade there. If we can’t move McGrandles and DJ on they may be the players who cover. I’m sure Anderson will get plenty of game time too.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Payne feels like one of those players that's excellent in League 2 but not quite good enough to be a starter for a top L1 team. Will be interesting to see how we upgrade there.

Watching the Salford v Leeds cup game last night, pre match they posted up how many Leeds players have either been sold or loaned out. They listed about 10 out on loan, with the mention that they were signed and offered little, and probably couldn't be sold hence being loaned out to get them off the payroll. The might be further up the food chain, but if they've bought badly then the players aren't good enough, even for championship. There's really nothing to suggest that these players who were bought by a premiership club, are any good, but for the fact that they were called Premier league players last season. Would any of them want their stock value to fall by cloning down to league one? Most on their OUT list went abroad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

You’ve said yourself nobody in league 1 wants him. How many clubs in the fourth tier pay transfer fees?
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Without wanting to make this the Sean Clare thread...

Our problem wasn't letting him go.

It's that we've not got a better player in to replace him.
    Disagree, he was terrible! Cost us goals after goals last season.. Okay, he had a decent engine, when he wanted, but other times he was just lazy, and quick the blame others!

He has already made 3 mistakes for Wigan this season that have lead to goals..

I am pleased he was moved on - but we should have replaced him, which is a mistake!
    That's agreeing isn't it?

I said it wasn't a mistake letting him go, the mistake was not getting a good replacement in.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Without wanting to make this the Sean Clare thread...

Our problem wasn't letting him go.

It's that we've not got a better player in to replace him.
    Disagree, he was terrible! Cost us goals after goals last season.. Okay, he had a decent engine, when he wanted, but other times he was just lazy, and quick the blame others!

He has already made 3 mistakes for Wigan this season that have lead to goals..

I am pleased he was moved on - but we should have replaced him, which is a mistake!
    That's agreeing isn't it?

I said it wasn't a mistake letting him go, the mistake was not getting a good replacement in.
    Fair enough.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

And presumably we're still paying some if his wages.

But at least it's something off the book.
  • Scoham said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I think it’s if we upgrade there. If we can’t move McGrandles and DJ on they may be the players who cover. I’m sure Anderson will get plenty of game time too.

I feel like Mcgrandles might be the easiest to shift on? Probably be interest in this division and the SPL. Not sure about DJ if we'll even get interest. I'd like to see Anderson get mins but also get managed and not overplayed too much. 
  • supaclive said:

Except we will be paying a percentage of his wages to play for someone else.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

These loan deals are designed to either get his Wage off our books, or part of it.
    Think we can be sure we are still paying a fair part of his wages and this deal completely confirms that because otherwise it would just be a free transfer wouldn't it? Absolutely no other reason I can think of to loan someone who's contract is expiring in summer (for any of the 3 parties involved) 

Obviously mk have said "we'll take him but you still have to pay for it" 
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:

Think we can be sure we are still paying a fair part of his wages and this deal completely confirms that because otherwise it would just be a free transfer wouldn't it? Absolutely no other reason I can think of to loan someone who's contract is expiring in summer (for any of the 3 parties involved) 

Obviously mk have said "we'll take him but you still have to pay for it" 
    in that case we might have paid up some of his contract to let him go for free like Palace did with Inniss. This just lets MK Dons send him back in January if he’s rubbish
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    Payne tries harder than Kirk.

Payne would walk under that limbo no problem.
  • edited August 2023
    He’d be incredible in L2 if they could get him fit 
  • Sooo..........3 days of the window left.

Too busy talking about the manager search and our wonderful owners 
  • fenaddick said:
    He’d be incredible in L2 if they could get him fit 
    He’d be pretty damned good in league one too. It’s getting him onto the pitch that’s the problem.
  • AndyG said:
    Oh FFS who in their right mind can even suggest Chucks is a target for anyone ???? 
    Absolutely AndyG, sums up some of the random thoughts that people have posted in the last few days. 
  • Bailey said:
    AndyG said:
    Oh FFS who in their right mind can even suggest Chucks is a target for anyone ???? 
    Absolutely AndyG, sums up some of the random thoughts that people have posted in the last few days. 
    It is ridiculous mate. I would be fantastic in the Premiership if only I could wipe 40 years off my age, improve my football ability by atleast 1000000%... These minor points are more likely than anyone being interested in Chucks lol