Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Braziliance, just noticed you posting on here. Since your appearance on Charlton Live on Sunday I've been searching for your blog. Could you, or someone, please post the link.
    Stalker alert !!
    Something tells me he actually wants to watch the game footage and not the 18 stone fat bloke talking to the camera, I'd be flattered though 
  • edited August 2023
    If Payne is going , would Lewis Bate be an option? Local boy who had a great loan at this level with Oxford.
  • Richard J said:
    If Payne is going , would Lewis Bate be an option? Local boy who had a great loan at this level with Oxford.

Would be a fantastic signing if he's allowed to leave Leeds. Not sure what their CM options are like now Adams has gone to Bournemouth 
  • Richard J said:
    Far too sensible an option.

Scott is busy seeing if Foden and Salah are available first. 

“Sorry lads we tried to bring them in but the parent club moved the goalposts” 

We did manage to get David Davis though. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Richard J said:

Would be a fantastic signing if he's allowed to leave Leeds. Not sure what their CM options are like now Adams has gone to Bournemouth 
    Noticed he is only on the bench tonight. Shelvey has been linked and our former player Andy Gray's son Archie seems to be above him in the peeking order.
  • Ladapo just scored a lovely goal for Ipswich.
    I'd be very surprised if he came to us on loan despite allegedly being one of our options.
  • Richard J said:
    He's also friends with Richard Chin and Euan Williams as they were in the same year and school team at BETHS 
  • When does the window shut?
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    When does the window shut?
    11pm Friday 1st Sept.

Just in case Andy Scott is reading this......that is 3 days & 45mins.

He hasn't got time to be reading CL, so much to do before friday .................. stocking up on cans of fizzy drinks & crisps & chocolate ready for the video.
  • Sounds as if Nombe is on his way to Rotherham to join up with Matt Taylor again.
  • Whoever we get will almost certainly be questionable and leave us going potty.
    Or if you like, shit.
  • DOUCHER said:
    BTW - Charlton said they would make room for Lewis even though it wasn't a priority position - he felt that Holden leaving wasn't good for his chances of moving here however although thats not to say he won't - Leeds won't loan him to another championship club - he has 6 months to go then he can talk to other clubs - he has lots opf clubs interested - he just wants to play football though and sitting on a bench for 6 months isn't what he wants or why he chose to move from Chelsea to Leeds.   
    A fine player, but when we've already brought in Camara and Taylor, do we need another central midfielder. Can he play in the Fraser role further forward?
  • Are players going to sign for a club with no manager?
    Holden's sacking could be an excuse for no signings, and significant departures, as in vital player disappointed with Holden going so says I want out if there is an offer.
  • seth plum said:
    Are players going to sign for a club with no manager?
    Holden's sacking could be an excuse for no signings, and significant departures, as in vital player disappointed with Holden going so says I want out if there is an offer.
    Yes .. 2 perm deals and two loans I believe 
  • DOUCHER said:
    BTW - Charlton said they would make room for Lewis even though it wasn't a priority position - he felt that Holden leaving wasn't good for his chances of moving here however although thats not to say he won't - Leeds won't loan him to another championship club - he has 6 months to go then he can talk to other clubs - he has lots opf clubs interested - he just wants to play football though and sitting on a bench for 6 months isn't what he wants or why he chose to move from Chelsea to Leeds.   
    A fine player, but when we've already brought in Camara and Taylor, do we need another central midfielder. Can he play in the Fraser role further forward?
    He’s played all the midfield roles - CDM probably most but lots of CAM as well 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sooo..........3 days of the window left.

Do we even have a transfer rumour?
  • seth plum said:
    Are players going to sign for a club with no manager?
    Yes .. 2 perm deals and two loans I believe 
    Mmm. Signs of wavering from your usual positivity 🤨…
  • Sooo..........3 days of the window left.

A loan.  We genuinely can't sell the remaining dregs can we.   And for people thinking we should keep Payne - nobody in League 1 wants him.

• edited August 2023
    Sooo..........3 days of the window left.

Need a big upgrade on him for the creative midfield role, someone to really challenge Fraser/ cover his inevitable drop off. 
  • We need Dabo to pass a medical in order to be able to insure him….this is likely to be the delay (if he has failed another).

I don’t think he will be one of the three we sign this week (as he’s not affected by the deadline).

Im hoping we sign a striker on a perm (at peak age) + a young CB & young AM on loan this week (+ Dabo in Sept).

The sudden noise about Payne going can only really happen if another AM comes in.
    Sorry but don't buy it, we have probably offered a contract much lower than he was expecting and in the mean time he's looking for a better deal elsewhere...
  • supaclive said:
    Sooo..........3 days of the window left.

A loan.  We genuinely can't sell the remaining dregs can we.   And for people thinking we should keep Payne - nobody in League 1 wants him.

His contract is up next summer I think. This loan is as good as a sale
    Except it comes with no sales income!