Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I assume the Dabo situation is due to whatever was discovered in his medical we have heavily dropped our wage terms, maybe even trying to get him on some kind of pay as you play type deal.

He will want something better and cannot blame him.

I would have preferred our target to be someone more reliably fit considering the talented young Asiimwe has clearly looked exhausted the last two games from being over played at such an early stage of his career.  
  • Luke Freeman now a free agent having contract cancelled at Luton - could be a realistic option now ? 
  • New manager coming in dossn't rate Dobson or CBT so they are to be sold & McGrandles & DJ to stay.

Good as any other (non) rumour. 
  • Redrobo said:
    cfgs said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’d I’d go with two centre halves and a target man. 
    You’d leave us with Asiimwe as our only right back?
    Dabo will sign
    So Dabo plus two inexperienced youngsters on loan?  Marvellous, considering the amount of balls spouted that would leave this the most disappointing window for years.  We have signed quality but the squad is like a nursery, with experience dotted throughout.
    We need a seasoned striker so “youngster” and “loan” don’t apply. 
    On that basis Dabo is either not included in the three, not joining, or we are not aiming top six.
    We are very obviously not aiming for top 6. Just another bunch who have persuaded some "investors" to put up some money while the gang are all no doubt on very high salaries. What next Range rovers, Thameside flats & bitches ?
  • We need Dabo to pass a medical in order to be able to insure him….this is likely to be the delay (if he has failed another).

I don’t think he will be one of the three we sign this week (as he’s not affected by the deadline).

Im hoping we sign a striker on a perm (at peak age) + a young CB & young AM on loan this week (+ Dabo in Sept).

The sudden noise about Payne going can only really happen if another AM comes in.
  • edited August 2023
    Luke Freeman now a free agent having contract cancelled at Luton - could be a realistic option now ? 
    Joe Hardy and Jordan Willis are also free agents, I think the three will work well together. 
    Defo shoe ins 😉

(You set em up Killer and I’ll knock ‘em in 😎)
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Luke Freeman now a free agent having contract cancelled at Luton - could be a realistic option now ? 
    Joe Hardy and Jordan Willis are also free agents, I think the three will work well together. 
    Defo shoe ins 😉

(You set em up Killer and I’ll knock ‘em in 😎)
    I'd rather Russell and Bromley. 
  • New manager coming in dossn't rate Dobson or CBT so they are to be sold & McGrandles & DJ to stay.

Good as any other (non) rumour. 
    You understand a rumour is just something someone has been told, it does not necessarily have to be correct or equally could fail to materialise, but was based in truth. 
  • I honestly can't see any indication our budget has increased from last year, which is why we are where we are. 

To be honest with the amount of experienced players that have gone and not replaced, I could see it actually being a reduction in the total wage bill (minus transfer fees). 
  • Why is everyone so dead set that were are skint etc. fact is our wage budget is already one of the highest in the league because of silly contracts given to the likes of McGrandles, Kirk, Aneke and others. Like it or lump it any owner (unless they're a madman) isn't doing to stump up another 20k a week in wages on 3 or 4 signings until they can get rid of the current high earners that don't even feature.

Very telling that every signing under Garner will probably be gone by 2nd September
  • We need Dabo to pass a medical in order to be able to insure him….this is likely to be the delay (if he has failed another).

I don’t think he will be one of the three we sign this week (as he’s not affected by the deadline).

Im hoping we sign a striker on a perm (at peak age) + a young CB & young AM on loan this week (+ Dabo in Sept).

The sudden noise about Payne going can only really happen if another AM comes in.
    just let whoever did Chuks' one do it
  • I was told at the weekend that Dabo had failed the medical again 
    3rd time lucky then.
  • sam3110 said:
    Why is everyone so dead set that were are skint etc. fact is our wage budget is already one of the highest in the league because of silly contracts given to the likes of McGrandles, Kirk, Aneke and others. Like it or lump it any owner (unless they're a madman) isn't doing to stump up another 20k a week in wages on 3 or 4 signings until they can get rid of the current high earners that don't even feature.

Very telling that every signing under Garner will probably be gone by 2nd September
    Or, you know, someone who wants to put more money in and get us promotion.
  • sam3110 said:
    Why is everyone so dead set that were are skint etc. fact is our wage budget is already one of the highest in the league because of silly contracts given to the likes of McGrandles, Kirk, Aneke and others. Like it or lump it any owner (unless they're a madman) isn't doing to stump up another 20k a week in wages on 3 or 4 signings until they can get rid of the current high earners that don't even feature.

Yes there are issues with a squad laden with “surplus” players on good contracts. Definitely not the new owners fault. It’s a big problem but we keep hearing there is money to be spent, on the right players, yet none is. We are reliably informed May’s transfer was not from SE7 money so we’re only really talking loan fees for Camara, and Campbell plus something not huge I would suspect for Taylor and Edun ? Are we really expected to believe that they can’t find any of the “right players” to spend money on ? The most money spent by SE7 so far is the alleged £500k payoff for Dean Holden. Still aiming for promotion is laughable unless it’s in the same vein as me still aiming to shag Jennifer Lawrence. 
  • sam3110 said:

Yes there are issues with a squad laden with “surplus” players on good contracts. Definitely not the new owners fault. It’s a big problem but we keep hearing there is money to be spent, on the right players, yet none is. We are reliably informed May’s transfer was not from SE7 money so we’re only really talking loan fees for Camara, and Campbell plus something not huge I would suspect for Taylor and Edun ? Are we really expected to believe that they can’t find any of the “right players” to spend money on ? The most money spent by SE7 so far is the alleged £500k payoff for Dean Holden. Still aiming for promotion is laughable unless it’s in the same vein as me still aiming to shag Jennifer Lawrence. 
    And the wage budget has decreased in that time as well. Unless we're paying the new signings crazy money, we have less money spent on wages than before January. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dabo not in the u21 side today 
  • sam3110 said:

Edun was a free transfer but there is a sell on clause.
  • Dabo not involved today for the unders
  • Luke Freeman now a free agent having contract cancelled at Luton - could be a realistic option now ? 
    A favourite of Nathan Jones. 
  • Payne to MK
    You mean Charlton Rejects FC? 
  • Payne to MK
    Another measure of how really poor our squad has been in recent times.

Happy to be corrected but apart from Washington and perhaps Wollacott, i can't think of a single player that's left us and gone on to join a club at a higher level. 

They've mostly joined lower league 1 clubs or league 2 and some have even dropped into non league.
    I mean... Albie Morgan to Blackpool, upper L1 will be top 6 this season...
  • Payne to MK
    Another measure of how really poor our squad has been in recent times.

Happy to be corrected but apart from Washington and perhaps Wollacott, i can't think of a single player that's left us and gone on to join a club at a higher level. 

They've mostly joined lower league 1 clubs or league 2 and some have even dropped into non league.
    Clare and Sessegnon.