Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• ValleyBen said:
    Reasonable chance both Morgan and Clare will end up playing for teams who finish higher then us, I fully supported letting them both leave as I really thought we would significantly strengthen in their positions. 

Yet Clare would have been ideal in this 532 world we find ourselves in 
  • Morgan, Clare and Sessegnon have definitely not joined clubs at a higher level.

Higher than us in the current table, yes, but stature wise no bigger than us
  • Payne to MK
    Hopefully he's not good enough, doesn't even get a start ahead of youngsters 
  • Jac_52 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Reasonable chance both Morgan and Clare will end up playing for teams who finish higher then us, I fully supported letting them both leave as I really thought we would significantly strengthen in their positions. 

Yet Clare would have been ideal in this 532 world we find ourselves in 
    Not really, his same defensive weaknesses would still be there. He played a lot football in a 3-5-2 under Jackson where he has some great strengths but isn’t a natural defender.
  • Clare wasn't a perfect player but a better option at this moment in time that Asiimwe
  • Payne to MK
    Another measure of how really poor our squad has been in recent times.

Happy to be corrected but apart from Washington and perhaps Wollacott, i can't think of a single player that's left us and gone on to join a club at a higher level. 

They've mostly joined lower league 1 clubs or league 2 and some have even dropped into non league.
    Purrington would be one if you're counting Wollacott. 

Famewo as well even though that was a loan signing, ended up getting promoted from League One the next season. 
  • I thought would have though Jac was referring to Clare as a RCB rather than RWB? Going over old ground but his versatility was a real asset rather than being a starting player. We haven't really got too much of that and it's particularly useful when the squad isn't going to be particularly big. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Payne to MK
    Another measure of how really poor our squad has been in recent times.

Happy to be corrected but apart from Washington and perhaps Wollacott, i can't think of a single player that's left us and gone on to join a club at a higher level. 

They've mostly joined lower league 1 clubs or league 2 and some have even dropped into non league.
    I mean... Albie Morgan to Blackpool, upper L1 will be top 6 this season...
    I had a check on him the other day just out of interest. Since winning their opening game and their cup match they had 3 consecutive 0-0 draws and then got spaffed 3-0 in their most recent game. 5 games in and they haven't scored in the league since the opening day. They're not throwing games away like we are but bloody hell, at least we get a goal to cheer every so often
  • Clare wasn't a perfect player but a better option at this moment in time that Asiimwe
    I actually miss Clare. Wasn't the perfect player but he could play in a back 3, was fairly composed, quite athletic, could do a job as a right back and in general seemed a stand up guy.

At the very least he was adequate squad cover, but maybe he wanted more than that. 
    Wigan gave him a 3 year deal - did anyone on here think he was worth that?
  • If this carries on I reckon I can play Saturdays, maybe not Tuesday nights. (consider this a rumour)
  • I said at the time, I was surprised he left but it could have been a good sign that we are bringing better in. As a right back he was competent, not th egreatest but decent enough for the league. Er ................... That went well!
  • Sponsored links:

• Three days to go and not even a rumour to get excited about. Another damp squib.
  • Braziliance, just noticed you posting on here. Since your appearance on Charlton Live on Sunday I've been searching for your blog. Could you, or someone, please post the link.
  • edited August 2023
    Scoham said:
    Clare wasn't a perfect player but a better option at this moment in time that Asiimwe
    I actually miss Clare. Wasn't the perfect player but he could play in a back 3, was fairly composed, quite athletic, could do a job as a right back and in general seemed a stand up guy.

At the very least he was adequate squad cover, but maybe he wanted more than that. 
    Wigan gave him a 3 year deal - did anyone on here think he was worth that?
    Sandgaard must have pumped up Clare's CV  something chronic, I thought it was only TS that gave out that length of deal 
  • redbuttle said:
    Don't think Reams is being  serious. 
    I know it's tongue in cheek. I just wanted to get some juicy rumours in this thread for a change. 
  • MrBurns said:

Whooosh.

He does add it was a “tongue in cheek” comment.
  • edited August 2023
    Braziliance, just noticed you posting on here. Since your appearance on Charlton Live on Sunday I've been searching for your blog. Could you, or someone, please post the link.
    Of course, it's youtube.com/@braziliance