Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• From BBC. 

Saudi side Al-Ittihad are also interested in Liverpool's England defender, Joe Gomez, but the Reds have no intention of selling the 26-year-old. (Fabrizio Romano)

This could boost the coffers couldn’t it? Assume we had a sell on ( if not already cashed in)….

I've been hearing some really conflicting reports on this. 

*We had in the contract a 10%/15%/20% sell on clause.
    *This sell on clause was bought out during covid for £1 million.

Not sure what I believe to be honest but i can imagine if there is still a sell on clause there will be at least some form of investment into the squad.
  • So if the rumours thread is anything to go by (from the posters that aren’t attention seekers) we will sign a few players but nothing to raise eyebrows.  

We’re not even getting a new owner bounce then, we are finishing mid table once again it seems.  How do things manage to get more depressing season by season, can’t be arsed, it’s still august ffs.  
    Three weeks ago the majority on here were declaring the summer to be a good window but rightly bemoaning the lack of a replacement for the injured Leaburn. At the same time those same people were demanding the exit of DJ, Kirk, Payne and McGrandles. Another forward has been brought in and by all accounts three of the players we wanted out are doing exactly that. The manager has been sacked and we are allegedly bring in three players, two on loan and one permanent. There is angst  on here about bringing youngsters in on loan, with that in mind, does that make previous loanees such as Saki, Maatsen and Millar part of that angst.
    My point is why don't we wait till the end of the window or beyond to decide if this season is going to be wasted. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’d I’d go with two centre halves and a target man. 
    You’d leave us with Asiimwe as our only right back?
    Dabo will sign
    I'm hearing Alexander Arnold
  • Why is this Dabo signing being dragged out so much, surely means he's weighing up his options?
  • No way Gomez is being sold so irrelevant if we still have a sell on or not. Liverpool CBs as bad as Charlton squad when it comes to injuries and he’s also RB cover 
  • Bailey said:
    So if the rumours thread is anything to go by (from the posters that aren’t attention seekers) we will sign a few players but nothing to raise eyebrows.  

We’re not even getting a new owner bounce then, we are finishing mid table once again it seems.  How do things manage to get more depressing season by season, can’t be arsed, it’s still august ffs.  
    Three weeks ago the majority on here were declaring the summer to be a good window but rightly bemoaning the lack of a replacement for the injured Leaburn. At the same time those same people were demanding the exit of DJ, Kirk, Payne and McGrandles. Another forward has been brought in and by all accounts three of the players we wanted out are doing exactly that. The manager has been sacked and we are allegedly bring in three players, two on loan and one permanent. There is angst  on here about bringing youngsters in on loan, with that in mind, does that make previous loanees such as Saki, Maatsen and Millar part of that angst.
    My point is why don't we wait till the end of the window or beyond to decide if this season is going to be wasted. 
    I admire your patience pal.  

But we’re talking about a squad that’s lost 5 in a row to teams that don’t even have a particularly big budget, if wasn’t Derby, Bolton, Barnsley or Pompey.  
  • Why is this Dabo signing being dragged out so much, surely means he's weighing up his options?
    Most likely, Adam Matthews and Ben Reeves did the same in previous seasons. The agents will also have a vested interest in the best deal they can get for their clients 😉.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Scoham said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I’d I’d go with two centre halves and a target man. 
    You’d leave us with Asiimwe as our only right back?
    Dabo will sign
    I'm hearing Alexander Arnold
    As one of the voices in your head ? ;0)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    Why is this Dabo signing being dragged out so much, surely means he's weighing up his options?
    Is he actually fit to play?
    Looks to be one in one out to me. Egbo left and we got Campbell in. We’ll get Dabo and a striker when we can offload some. 
  • BigDiddy said:
    Why is this Dabo signing being dragged out so much, surely means he's weighing up his options?
    Is he actually fir to play?
    Played for the U21s and presumably will do so again today at Coventry if we are going to sign him
  • From BBC. 

Saudi side Al-Ittihad are also interested in Liverpool's England defender, Joe Gomez, but the Reds have no intention of selling the 26-year-old. (Fabrizio Romano)

This could boost the coffers couldn’t it? Assume we had a sell on ( if not already cashed in)….

Surely Southall would have cashed in...
  • A RB with injury problems who hasn't had a pre season and 2 kids. My excitement knows no bounds 
    I would imagine his extended trial is to give him a mini preseason and see how his injury reacts. 
  • What has going to Eton  got to do with football? idiot
    I’d say a lot, there has been a few Eton alumni who haven’t had the the best reputation recently, especially with the truth. The similarities are frightening!

I always find it funny how people stand up for an antiquated system of privilege, favouritism and class. Perhaps they feel safe in knowing their place.
    Methven isn't even responsible for the football side, that's Rodwell and Scott. What school did they go to?
    Duh, it’s his consortium, they’re all his appointments and it’s him leaking the constant misinformation. Why defend him, I mean, how do you think it’s going, are you happy?
    Tin Foil Hat GIFs  GIFDBcom
  • Skint less than a month in, must be a record for a new ownership  :D
    We were skint even before the unofficial ESI takeover. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Jordan Cousins may be out for a couple of months at Cambridge, so it wouldn’t be a surprise if they came back in for McGrandles on loan. It would involve another wage subsidy, given Cambridge’s budget, so doubtless Charlton will be hoping for a permanent move away.

Of the four exit candidates, I think McGrandles was the one most likely to contribute, given his track record at League 1 level, especially as Dobbo and the talented but inexperienced Anderson appear to be our only fully fit central midfielders. Taylor and Camara may be ready to go on Saturday or shortly thereafter but injuries and suspensions will doubtless take their toll as the season progresses. Given our dreadful start, Dobbo is highly unlikely to sign a new contract and the likelihood is that he’ll be sold for a knockdown fee in January if, as we expect, the side is marooned in mid-table (or worse).
  • A few observations based on reading last pages:

1) Chuks is in our squad and will be on pretty decent wages. He seems to be left off of player lists for those remaining, but bottom line is that he is eating into the budget whether he plays or not and this can’t be forgotten.

2) I think the financial constraints due to FFP are real, but are time limited before the new owners could inject more? Are we not encountering some limits on spending based on what TS was investing + generating in income? Or in other words, I don’t buy the line ‘we are skint’ as black and white, seems to me there are conditions or excuses around why we are not spending a great deal atm. 

3) 2 x players for every position is probably the norm and ideally 2 x senior pros + a few youngsters to boost squad numbers. On that basis, I would not be suspended to see the three incomings as a CB, a RB and a LB, the SMT believing we will have Leaburn, May, Chuks and Kanu to choose from up front shortly. 

4) I would be surprised if DJ is still here by window end, but he has been less mentioned than McGrandles, Payne and Kirk. 

Let’s see how it unfolds…?
  • BigDiddy said:
    Is he actually fir to play?
    Played for the U21s and presumably will do so again today at Coventry if we are going to sign him
    Looked good too. Put a couple of great crosses into the box that should have led to goals. 
  • It's all very well waiting for Dabo, but what happens next week if he can't agree terms and signs for someone else, when the window is closed?
  • Bailey said:
    So if the rumours thread is anything to go by (from the posters that aren’t attention seekers) we will sign a few players but nothing to raise eyebrows.  

I admire your patience pal.  

But we’re talking about a squad that’s lost 5 in a row to teams that don’t even have a particularly big budget, if wasn’t Derby, Bolton, Barnsley or Pompey.  
    I'm not that patient BR7, if they don't bring much needed players in, I will be on the case as well. As for the games lost, the last two of those games were lost by goals that mirrored each other, when questioned over Oxford's winning goal Holden stated 'for whatever reason the players decided to leave one at the back while we had a corner at the other end'. I find that a shocking admission that the players do what they want when setting up dead ball situations, it's probably one of the reasons he was dismissed. 
  • The conspiracy theorist in me says we’ve already signed Dabo, just delaying the announcement till deadline day
  • PWADDICK said:
    The conspiracy theorist in me says we’ve already signed Dabo, just delaying the announcement till deadline day
    Too many leaks in the current camp for that to be the case imo
  • Dabo is out of contract so we can risk dragging out his trial period beyond the closure.