Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Cawley has more or less confirmed there will be permanent and loans still to come in. Let’s see who before we jump to too many conclusions. Feel sorry for Holden because he was a good man. Sadly the results and a few other things pointed to him not being the right man for us. 
    I would say 2 loans and Dabo on a free.. And potentially paying a fee if the right deal can be made! 

Which sadly it won't be, to the devastation of all involved no doubt
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Cawley has more or less confirmed there will be permanent and loans still to come in. Let’s see who before we jump to too many conclusions. Feel sorry for Holden because he was a good man. Sadly the results and a few other things pointed to him not being the right man for us. 
    I would say 2 loans and Dabo on a free.. And potentially paying a fee if the right deal can be made! 

Imo, I don’t see that as being nearly enough
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Without a manger and with only a few days to go, we are not going to realistically see more than 3 or 4 signings max (probably 2).
  • DubaiCAFC said:

I think we’ll get max 4 but probably 3. Depending on who they are I’d say with injuries easing it should be enough to make us competitive enough for top half at worst.
  • I doubt not having a manager will make a difference in signing the right players if the money is there but I am expecting an underwhelming end to our summer transfer business. 

Unless they are Rak-Sakyi or Gallagher quality then the last thing we need is more young players on loan to add to our already young inexperienced squad. 
  • ValleyBen said:
    I doubt not having a manager will make a difference in signing the right players if the money is there but I am expecting an underwhelming end to our summer transfer business. 

Unless they are Rak-Sakyi or Gallagher quality then the last thing we need is more young players on loan to add to our already young inexperienced squad. 
    Loans don’t have to be PL youngsters. There will be plenty of Championship players not in their managers plans who will be available too. More expensive option I’d suspect but not out of the question. 
  • Scoham said:
    sam3110 said:
    Payne works in a 4231, as the number 10, so he has support from a central striker, 2 wingers and 2 holding midfielders behind him meaning he doesn't have to do much defensive work. We don't play like that and so instead we shoehorn him into a winger role or a midfield 3 and he's ineffective 
    Does he? Or would he lack the quality needed and end up being dropped?

If he moves on it won’t be to a club who finishes in the top 6 with Payne playing regularly as a 10.
    I'm not saying he would work in a 4231 good enough to challenge the top 6 in our division though am I? 

I'm just saying that's the position he is most effective in. He'll be good enough for a promotion chasing league 2 team in that role, certainly
  • DubaiCAFC said:

I am of the same feeling - depends on the quality of them though.
  • Who half decent would want to join us? Near the bottom, shite performances and just sacked the manager. Bet Chem Campbell is delighted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I understand that the manager doesn't sign the players, that's down to Scott mainly. But the manager still says what type of player he wants, and we are missing that now.

A talented but raw PL loan striker, or a journeyman lump who can bully defenders? A pacey attacking wingback, or a solid defensive fullback? A loan midfielder or a loan defender etc
  • Would love to know how the club was sold to Camara and Taylor. Both seemingly had links from clubs higher up the pyramid and chose us. Surely, "We'll be getting some young premier league players in on loan in the last few days of the window" can't have been it
    Could add staff like Andy Scott to that too. He looks to have been mugged off twice.

When he joined in Jan he said ‘he wouldn’t be here if there wasn’t funds to spend’ before proceeding to spend zero transfer fees and deliver one of our worst transfer windows for years (Todd Kane, Kilkenny, Bonne etc).

This time round he claims he gave up a good job to come back…but why? It’s very hard to see what he’s come back for when we once again look to be scrapping around in the last min loan / free transfer bucket with very little sign that there really are funds to bring in the quality we need.

Something definitely doesn’t feel right & CM looks to have mislead a lot of people (staff, investors and fans that bought season tickets thinking our billionaire owners would go for it).

One week left to show us differently I guess 🤞 
    5 days to go until this groups mouthpiece Methven has some explaining to do.

Interestingly, we've still yet to hear a single word from any of the main players and I wonder if we ever will.
    On the other forum there is a thread titled Polite Request, we'll worth a look.
    Do not be drinking a cup of team when reading!
  • edited August 2023
    What has going to Eton  got to do with football? idiot
    I’d say a lot, there has been a few Eton alumni who haven’t had the the best reputation recently, especially with the truth. The similarities are frightening!

I always find it funny how people stand up for an antiquated system of privilege, favouritism and class. Perhaps they feel safe in knowing their place.
    Methven isn't even responsible for the football side, that's Rodwell and Scott. What school did they go to?
  • ValleyBen said:
    I doubt not having a manager will make a difference in signing the right players if the money is there but I am expecting an underwhelming end to our summer transfer business. 

Loans don’t have to be PL youngsters. There will be plenty of Championship players not in their managers plans who will be available too. More expensive option I’d suspect but not out of the question. 
    Not sure I implied that all loans are young PL players, I am fine with loans if for example we get Ladapo or even Cosgrove. 
  • Would love to know how the club was sold to Camara and Taylor. Both seemingly had links from clubs higher up the pyramid and chose us. Surely, "We'll be getting some young premier league players in on loan in the last few days of the window" can't have been it
    Could add staff like Andy Scott to that too. He looks to have been mugged off twice.

When he joined in Jan he said ‘he wouldn’t be here if there wasn’t funds to spend’ before proceeding to spend zero transfer fees and deliver one of our worst transfer windows for years (Todd Kane, Kilkenny, Bonne etc).

This time round he claims he gave up a good job to come back…but why? It’s very hard to see what he’s come back for when we once again look to be scrapping around in the last min loan / free transfer bucket with very little sign that there really are funds to bring in the quality we need.

Something definitely doesn’t feel right & CM looks to have mislead a lot of people (staff, investors and fans that bought season tickets thinking our billionaire owners would go for it).

One week left to show us differently I guess 🤞 
    5 days to go until this groups mouthpiece Methven has some explaining to do.

Interestingly, we've still yet to hear a single word from any of the main players and I wonder if we ever will.
    On the other forum there is a thread titled Polite Request, well worth a look.

What’s the link to that thread ?
  • What has going to Eton  got to do with football? idiot
    I’d say a lot, there has been a few Eton alumni who haven’t had the the best reputation recently, especially with the truth. The similarities are frightening!

I always find it funny how people stand up for an antiquated system of privilege, favouritism and class. Perhaps they feel safe in knowing their place.
    Methven isn't even responsible for the football side, that's Rodwell and Scott. What school did they go to?
    Duh, it’s his consortium, they’re all his appointments and it’s him leaking the constant misinformation. Why defend him, I mean, how do you think it’s going, are you happy?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    Charlton Athletic Owners Club: Framing managers since 2009.
  • BigDiddy said:
    BigDiddy said:

Buck stops with Methven - end of.
    Why does it? 
    He is the Chairman 
    He represents the owners and owns 5%
    He heads up SMT
    SMT recruits and removes staff 

If SMT are useless, he appointed them, or he can choose not to sack them

I heard him on Radio London and he wasted no time telling all that he was in charge.

If the buck does not stop with him, where does it stop?

He isn’t the chairman.
  • edited August 2023
    He pulls Rodwell’s strings, as you well know.
  • I understand that the manager doesn't sign the players, that's down to Scott mainly. But the manager still says what type of player he wants, and we are missing that now.

A talented but raw PL loan striker, or a journeyman lump who can bully defenders? A pacey attacking wingback, or a solid defensive fullback? A loan midfielder or a loan defender etc
    Think Scott knows what we need he has been a manager himself 
  • BigDiddy said:
    BigDiddy said:

Why does it? 
    He is the Chairman 
    He heads up SMT

I heard him on Radio London and he wasted no time telling all that he was in charge.

He not the chairman /CEO Rodwell is 
  • BigDiddy said:
    BigDiddy said:

Why does it? 
    He is the Chairman 
    He heads up SMT

he isn't Chairman and isn't part of the SMT either. 
  • Big Diddy is a known Palace fan.  He says he has been a supporter since 1978 but just joined this forum a couple years ago and has been winding everyone up since then.  He must love when we are in chaos like the current moment