Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I don't get the obsession with spending money on players. It's div 3, where most signings are frees.

blackpool and wigan are proving there are good frees available with the signings of Morgan, Clare and sess
    And last January Cambridge United got a really good midfielder on loan, with his wages probably subsidised by his parent club  ;)
  • Plaaayer said:
    The only reason we stumped what was asked for May is because some money came in from a sponsor partner on the day that he was just about to sign for Bristol Rovers. The owners have put in the bare minimum they have to so anyone thinking we’re signing a top striker on a perm is off their heads. 

We’ll be relying on loans and free from hereon in I would expect unless something major changes. 
    Not doubting you but how reliable is your source on that @Plaaayer ?
  • It’s ok saying we need to shift players out 1st but who on earth is going to take some of them off of our hands ? Kirk for 1 would be lucky to get a loan to the National League with the performances and effort he has put in 
  • Plaaayer said:
    Plaaayer said:
    The only reason we stumped what was asked for May is because some money came in from a sponsor partner on the day that he was just about to sign for Bristol Rovers. The owners have put in the bare minimum they have to so anyone thinking we’re signing a top striker on a perm is off their heads. 

We’ll be relying on loans and free from hereon in I would expect unless something major changes. 
    100% mate reliable mate, the money for May did not come from pocket of the new owners. 
    Thanks 
  • Plaaayer said:
    Plaaayer said:

100% mate reliable mate, the money for May did not come from pocket of the new owners. 
     + May wanted to settle closer to home so we had the trump card there
  • Plaaayer said:
    Plaaayer said:

Just gets worse 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder how much Edun and Taylor cost? Nominal fees? 
  • Didn't see a fee mentioned for Edun but I believe Taylor was around £150k compensation 
  • Plaaayer said:
    Plaaayer said:

Looks like you won't be VIP in the director's box on Saturday :)
  • edited August 2023
    Plaaayer said:
    Plaaayer said:

Looks like you won't be VIP in the director's box on Saturday :)
    I doubt many of the Gang of Four will be either if this run continues. Let’s hope for some major changes. 
  • Did we ever get any form of proof that this mob paid £12M cash upfront for us? What have they actually invested to date?  @Airman Brown any thoughts?
  • Did we ever get any form of proof that this mob paid £12M cash upfront for us? What have they actually invested to date?  @Airman Brown any thoughts?
      Don't believe it for a second .never have.
    Plus the whole thing dragged on purely to give the new mob an excuse for why they've done f**k all in the transfer market.
  • Valley11 said:
    Wonder how much Edun and Taylor cost? Nominal fees? 

No fee for Edun but sell on clause.
    They proved to EFL that they have the funds to run the club but if / what they paid for the club seems to be unknown (for now)
  • If we were serious about making a push for promotion, we’d have done the buy and selling in July, not wait until the window is closing and start poking around in £1 and less bin. 
    New owners same as the last owners bulls!&ters, and romancers!
    At this rate have the makings of being the worst of the lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would love to know how the club was sold to Camara and Taylor. Both seemingly had links from clubs higher up the pyramid and chose us. Surely, "We'll be getting some young premier league players in on loan in the last few days of the window" can't have been it
  • Must admit I am a bit worried that all the positive noises about having a real push this season have disappeared and the end of this window feels like it could end up being Sandgaard Esque. 
  • Why buy us just to do this?
    If the buyers have been told the club can still be successful without much losses, it’s more why wouldn’t they. If we did a Luton they would be in for a huge payday. If it fails they haven’t lost much. 
  • People posting positive things are because they've been told that by the owners.   They don't know anything.  It's what the owners want to spread. 

Which is why take everything with a pinch of salt.....
  • Brownie12 isaid:
    jbaker said:
    Kirk and Mcgrandles not in the squad. Would imagine that means moves away are close
    I dread to think how desperate the teams that sign those 2 jokers are.
    I really dont get the McGrandles bashing? Oh sorry it was he's fault we lost today wasnt it?? Pathetic.
    Because he's rubbish. He didn't even stand out in the U21 match v Wigan the other day. We need to get rid.
  • edited August 2023
    cabbles said:
    Croydon said:
    Plaaayer said:
    Plaaayer said:

Just gets worse 
    Does conflict with what the likes of Dubai mentioned about better times being round the corner under this mob.  Very difficult to call it this early, but that’s a concerning indicator 
    Well, at least someone has the good sense to bring a halt to speculation on ownership. This is supposed to be a transfer rumours thread. There are  other threads to discuss the current ownership. Let's wait untill the end of the transfer window to see if there is a commitment to the long term future of the club. 
  • It's pretty mind numbing to think that one very good crystal palace player, say Olise, is worth more than our whole football club. Thanks Roland, Spivs, Thomas.