Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited August 2023
    MarcusH26 said:
    Tedic fits the bill of the type of loanee that will be available at this point of the window. Some experience at this level but not many starts and not been a consistent scorer anywhere he's been on loan. Can't find many highlights even. 
    I had been told that this was the signing that was due to happen on Friday, but fell through due to agents and legal aspects. Not sure if it will be resurrected. The person I spoke to who is further down the food chain than the ITK contacts knew nothing of the Cosgrove rumours and just laughed at the mention of Clarke Harris.
    Sounds about right, remember Methven’s sales doc said there would be just £1m loss per season and that would be covered by player sales. So don’t expect any big money signings.

also, you wonder if the deal broke down because the manager is under pressure and may not be here in a couple of weeks. Must be harder attracting players with a club in free fall.
  • Tedic wouldn't be my first choice (or the clubs I'd imagine) but he's a decent option. Saw a few Barnsley fans wanting him over watters. Physical presence with decent technical ability. 
  • Valley11 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Tedic wouldn't be my first choice (or the clubs I'd imagine) but he's a decent option. Saw a few Barnsley fans wanting him over watters. Physical presence with decent technical ability. 
    But it was sold that we had a shiny technical director and wealthy investors, so why no activity for weeks and now 7 days to go and we’re scraping the barrel? I’m not sure the dream was ‘not the club’s first choice’ at the end of the window but that’s the bullshit were fed every summer.
    Constantly told we’re a massive club - but we operate like a national league team. 
    Methven has sold the Americans we can be promoted without a major outlay in money, in fact it can be done without losing any money. It’s laughable but that’s the situation we find ourselves in.
  • edited August 2023
    Does anyone else get their posted messages in the comment box after posting, when using an  iPhone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Said so many times about we’re never going to achieve anything without sorting the defence. It’s actually worse than last season.

We also were told at the end of last season that we’d be looking at getting defenders who score goals from set pieces as well as know how to defend them. We have a handful of days left in the window and we haven’t done any of it.

Sick of seeing the same issues over and over again, no matter the manager, and the ownership has nothing to do with how the players can’t defend and how we are so easy to run straight through the middle and have been for ages now.

I also can’t remember a time where we played a back 3 or 5 successfully. Bowyer in the promotion season maybe but we often changed it to a diamond because of the ability of Bielik.

We don’t have the quality in defence to play it, we don’t have the profile of player.

It’s a massive week ahead and without 4 or 5 real quality signings, we are in for a very, very long season.
    First few weeks under Jackson.

Then teams set up to stop it and we didn't change, and we had injuries and started shoehorning players into it - Gunter and Matthews next to each other etc.
  • Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    Slobodan Tedic being mentioned on the other forum. Man City U23 big 6ft3 striker. Scored 4 in 21 (only 4 starts though) for Barnsley and seems to have played a fair bit in the Netherlands and Serbia in their top divisions. 

Sounds promising, a bit like Campbell where he didn’t have an outstanding loan in league 1 last season so isn’t going to the championship, but should be well set to do well at this level after having half a season at it last year 
    https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/tedic.324335/page-2

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/powder-puff.324479/#post-3170959

Opinions on Tedic from Barnsley fans, most didn’t rate him.

He only started 4 league games for Barnsley and also spent 4 months out with an ankle injury. Despite that he started for them at Wembley. 

He’s 23 so would be considered experienced in our squad. He spent the previous season on loan in the Dutch top tier where he scored 2 in 38 league appearances (21 were starts).

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/25401/slobodan-tedic-wants-city-future-after-barnsley-fc-victory

Doesn’t sound like a top target we’ve been patiently waiting for. At his age less likely to make a big improvement too.
    He will be a player we sign at 10.59pm next Friday & get told we've been after him for weeks. 

Vaguely remember him from the play off final. Bit of a lump and not very good in front of goal. 

Just what we need 🙄
  • Next five days will answer all our questions as to where we are and where we’re going as a club. 
    No need to wait 5 days, I can tell you know if you like.
  •  People who run this forum have got more sense maybe
  • edited August 2023
    If I had a list of players to move on, Clare, Egbo and Innis would have been at the bottom of it, if they’d made the list at all. 
    At the very least they’d have been very useful on the bench. We keep shooting ourselves in the foot.
    Perhaps those who remember the Premier League days can judge our current players too harshly, because they don’t compare the those from the glory days. 
  • iaitch said:
    Plaaayer said:
    We could have May, Leaburn, Colback, Ladapo, Lyle Taylor, Darren Bent, Harry Kane and Haaland as our striking options and score 7 a game, but our defence would still concede 8
    If we're playing eight forwards then it would leave us a bit short at the back.
    Was that not our tactic before we conceded the 2nd goal yesterday ?
  • Honestly the most I'm expecting is 3 loans and Dabo on a 1 year deal and even that feels optimistic. Just don't think we'll make any signings of substance for fees. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Honestly the most I'm expecting is 3 loans and Dabo on a 1 year deal and even that feels optimistic. Just don't think we'll make any signings of substance for fees. 
    That is more than I expect, I hope you are right 
  • I expect 1 loan and Dabo to sign on for a 6 month deal in October/November. Shit that were in a position where we have to hope our instincts are wrong 
  • edited August 2023
    ross1 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Honestly the most I'm expecting is 3 loans and Dabo on a 1 year deal and even that feels optimistic. Just don't think we'll make any signings of substance for fees. 
    That is more than I expect, I hope you are right 

3 is probably overexpecting but a striker and a creative CM would be a nice start to the week and if we could get a experienced CB last minute that would be a bonus. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    That’s 2 more than I am expecting
  • Colin Sams/Bexley Boy/@ RonnieMoore 

Cutting and pasting from other sources and hoping people won't realise and think he's in the know since 1996
    Why should I mention Reams .. I know it’s from him he knows that as well why should I mention it to allow people to have a go at him again .. people are just jealous of people who have very good contacts like Dubai on CL if he says something and it don’t happen the exact time and date he says he gets abuse as I say it’s just jealousy but there are a number of good people on this site who would like to hear the positive feeling around the club and what’s happening from whoever .. 
    Not a serious/genuine poster 
  • My view for what it's worth is that promotion is not even a target this season. They are hoping that Miles and plus one other youngster really push on this year and they can sell on for decent fees. Use some of that to fund bringing in a couple of players, supplemented with more loans and gradually build a capable squad. Think we've be fed more bullshit chaps.
    Totally untrue .. the funds are there but we are being quoted 3 mill for a league one striker and 1.5 mill for league two striker .. and they’re 100% correct not to pay these prices. If we have to get loans in then fine and we try for these players again in Jan. 
    @RonnieMoore, how the hell do you know what we are being quoted for players? I've kept my gob shut reading your recent posts, but you are in some kind of alternative universe. 
    This has NOT been a fantastic window, we do NOT have enough quality or depth and we ARE absolutely bloody awful!
    SE7 have yet to prove themselves to many of us across the fanbase, but you seem to think all is good! Fuck me mate take the Rose tinted glasses off, wake up and smell the coffee!
    We are currently a poor league one side/squad stop making stupid excuses and making things up?
    Can I ask which league 1 striker we've been quoted £3m for and how you know?
    I'm intrigued to know the FACTS!
    Yeah... he's not a genuine or serious poster 
  • NabySarr said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    That’s 2 more than I am expecting

I think a lot of it will hinge on outs ultimately. I think we could be waiting until the deadline for a few outs. 
  • Rothko said:
    My view for what it's worth is that promotion is not even a target this season. They are hoping that Miles and plus one other youngster really push on this year and they can sell on for decent fees. Use some of that to fund bringing in a couple of players, supplemented with more loans and gradually build a capable squad. Think we've be fed more bullshit chaps.
    Totally untrue .. the funds are there but we are being quoted 3 mill for a league one striker and 1.5 mill for league two striker .. and they’re 100% correct not to pay these prices. If we have to get loans in then fine and we try for these players again in Jan. 
    why is this pointless fucking troll indulged by the people who run this forum? 
    I think the solution is to just not reply/comment/like/lol any of the nonsense.

I am calling him out until end of August and then just blanking everything that comes from that avenue.