Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Slobodan Tedic being mentioned on the other forum. Man City U23 big 6ft3 striker. Scored 4 in 21 (only 4 starts though) for Barnsley and seems to have played a fair bit in the Netherlands and Serbia in their top divisions. 

Sounds promising, a bit like Campbell where he didn’t have an outstanding loan in league 1 last season so isn’t going to the championship, but should be well set to do well at this level after having half a season at it last year 
  • Sounds promising, ahem.
  • Imagine the level of outrage if TS was still the owner, this lot still have time (a week) to get it right. If they don't it's div 4 without a doubt...
    Div 4???? Are you sure? Season of struggle yes, but div 4! You do realise how bad you have to be to get relegated from this league? 

There are always 4 awful teams in this league that make the shit look better
    At the moment there are only three teams worse than us in L1.
  • Seeing as its a Bank Holiday weekend I doubt much, if anything, will get done until tuesday. That then gives us 4 days to get rid of 3 players & bring in 4 or 5. 

Ain't happening dudes. 

It's difficult getting deals over the line and even harder because of the bank holiday weekend.  The twats have only had 10 weeks to get a squad together, but it's difficult due to the fact that they're a massive bunch of thick fuckwits.  We couldn't get our championship targets over the line because we're plotless and near the bottom of the 3rd division.  No decent player is going to sign while the negotiator wears Salmon Chinos. It's like groundhog Day with these twats
  • Plaaayer said:
    We could have May, Leaburn, Colback, Ladapo, Lyle Taylor, Darren Bent, Harry Kane and Haaland as our striking options and score 7 a game, but our defence would still concede 8
    No we couldn't because that'll take us over the mythical FFP threshold, we'll get an out of contract Swindon reject 
  • Either all of our defenders are crap and need replacing or the management team can't get them organised and needs replacing.
    I think I know which option the owners will take, and after 5 straight defeats and defensive chaos  it may be the right one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Plaaayer said:
    We could have May, Leaburn, Colback, Ladapo, Lyle Taylor, Darren Bent, Harry Kane and Haaland as our striking options and score 7 a game, but our defence would still concede 8
    If we're playing eight forwards then it would leave us a bit short at the back.
  • edited August 2023
    I'm sure a busy fee days ahead. The outcome is anyones guess, but I have low expectations now.
  • Sambcafc said:
    The good goal conceded at the end of the Oxford game sits solely with Holden. Once again Assimwe left as the only man back when we weren’t even chasing the game. His defensive organisation is shocking and we are seeing the direct results of that. 

He has to go, he’s had a full preseason and no injuries to his defence. And has one clean sheet in 6 games 
    Yeah but if your defenders are not good enough it doesn’t matter how much organisation you try to put into them , as I mentioned on the Aberdeen match thread the other week most of the squad that is here was here last year and it wasn’t good enough so why did anybody think it would change.
  • What now for the 'Right type of player' ??
    You would think a large element of whatever that means is being 'right' for the current managers plans?

But if he's gone in the next two weeks, his input would be pretty pointless.

• edited August 2023
    Tedic fits the bill of the type of loanee that will be available at this point of the window. Some experience at this level but not many starts and not been a consistent scorer anywhere he's been on loan. Can't find many highlights even. 
  • Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    Slobodan Tedic being mentioned on the other forum. Man City U23 big 6ft3 striker. Scored 4 in 21 (only 4 starts though) for Barnsley and seems to have played a fair bit in the Netherlands and Serbia in their top divisions. 

Sounds promising, a bit like Campbell where he didn’t have an outstanding loan in league 1 last season so isn’t going to the championship, but should be well set to do well at this level after having half a season at it last year 
    https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/tedic.324335/page-2

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/powder-puff.324479/#post-3170959

Opinions on Tedic from Barnsley fans, most didn’t rate him.

He only started 4 league games for Barnsley and also spent 4 months out with an ankle injury. Despite that he started for them at Wembley. 

He’s 23 so would be considered experienced in our squad. He spent the previous season on loan in the Dutch top tier where he scored 2 in 38 league appearances (21 were starts).

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/25401/slobodan-tedic-wants-city-future-after-barnsley-fc-victory

Doesn’t sound like a top target we’ve been patiently waiting for. At his age less likely to make a big improvement too.
    I assumed that they signed him in January looking at the amount of game he played. I forgot that all our targets must have spent most of last season injured 
  • Sponsored links:

• We needed to replace Leaburn before the start of the season,Tedic sounds like the sort of player we could have brought in a month ago. Why didn't we bring him in earlier?

I guess by the end of the week we will be told we can still sign free agents.
  • Cullen and Biliek had both had less than brilliant loans previous to joining us.

Doesn't mean Tedic will be as good as them or any good at all but some players click at certain clubs
    Agree, Dobson is another who was slated by Sunderland fans. I think we can all agree he's been a success. In truth we are looking for a striker to compete with and be back up to Leaburn. If it's Tedic, that's fine.

We also need to settle on a formation. My question is how do we get two strikers on the pitch. A 442 diamond, but that nullifies CBT and Tyreece. The 532 is not working for us. A 442 would leave us exposed in the middle of the park. So that leaves 433. Would we play May out wide to accommodate Leaburn? 

As well as needing a few more players, we need Holden to settle on a formation. 
  • Cullen and Biliek had both had less than brilliant loans previous to joining us.

Doesn't mean Tedic will be as good as them or any good at all but some players click at certain clubs
    Agree, Dobson is another who was slated by Sunderland fans. I think we can all agree he's been a success. In truth we are looking for a striker to compete with and be back up to Leaburn. If it's Tedic, that's fine.

We also need to settle on a formation. My question is how do we get two strikers on the pitch. A 442 diamond, but that nullifies CBT and Tyreece. The 532 is not working for us. A 442 would leave us exposed in the middle of the park. So that leaves 433. Would we play May out wide to accommodate Leaburn? 

As well as needing a few more players, we need Holden to settle on a formation. 
    We still haven’t seen the 3-5-2 that Holden wants yet, with a proper striker for May to play with. If we sign a new striker (or when Leaburn returns) then I think a 3-4-1-2 with Chem Campbell playing behind the front 2 is the way forward. Until May has a partner then I think we should stick with the 4-2-3-1 from the second half yesterday 
  • Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    Slobodan Tedic being mentioned on the other forum. Man City U23 big 6ft3 striker. Scored 4 in 21 (only 4 starts though) for Barnsley and seems to have played a fair bit in the Netherlands and Serbia in their top divisions. 

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/tedic.324335/page-2

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/powder-puff.324479/#post-3170959

Opinions on Tedic from Barnsley fans, most didn’t rate him.

He only started 4 league games for Barnsley and also spent 4 months out with an ankle injury. Despite that he started for them at Wembley. 

He’s 23 so would be considered experienced in our squad. He spent the previous season on loan in the Dutch top tier where he scored 2 in 38 league appearances (21 were starts).

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/25401/slobodan-tedic-wants-city-future-after-barnsley-fc-victory

Doesn’t sound like a top target we’ve been patiently waiting for. At his age less likely to make a big improvement too.
    Sounds like we're still shopping in Poundland.
    That will be the case as long as we are a third tier club

Kermogant can be added to that list

True but we need at least 2 or 3 to come in and make that sort of impact if we’re going to make the top 6. Chen Campbell could be one of them.