Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Croydon said:
    Don't forget, our midfield and defence is the envy of the league 
    The defence is, any team not playing against it is envious of the team that is.
  • I have  a cunning plan.
    Next season can we please get our transfer targets in early so we can hit the ground running. 
    A Radical thought I know,  but other teams manage to do it.
    And we spend what ever it takes to get the best league 1 players in.
  • Remember we're in good hands....
  • We are shit. 
  • Bed wetters, follow me...
  • edited August 2023
  • Imagine the level of outrage if TS was still the owner, this lot still have time (a week) to get it right. If they don't it's div 4 without a doubt...
  • Imagine the level of outrage if TS was still the owner, this lot still have time (a week) to get it right. If they don't it's div 4 without a doubt...
    Div 4???? Are you sure? Season of struggle yes, but div 4! You do realise how bad you have to be to get relegated from this league? 

There are always 4 awful teams in this league that make the shit look better
  • Sponsored links:

• Just seen Sess signed for Wigan. I don't think he was the answer to all of our problems, but I think he would have brought good depth to both FB spots.

I am very curious about what's happening with Dabo. We let Egbo go 2.5 weeks ago, Asiimwe is really struggling, Dabo is training with us, and we haven't signed him.
  • Leaving our business so late again (although I still can’t see much changing before the window shuts) means we’re now 7 points off the pace and can probably no longer attract certain players who would have had ambitions of playing for a promotion pushing side
  • edited August 2023
    Croydon said:
    Pitchforks out. 

The CM brigade will be out in force with their excuses this week and piling all the blame on Holden. 

Remember who put him there in the first place. 
    Nah the owners can fuck off and all. Plenty of us have been cautious of them since day one and are now being proven correct. All the sniping comments calling us negative all summer are starting to look very silly.

Doesn’t change the fact that Holden is setting us up to fail week after week though.
    Our friends at Sunderland warned us as well.
  • Kirk and Mcgrandles not in the squad. Would imagine that means moves away are close
  • jbaker said:
    Kirk and Mcgrandles not in the squad. Would imagine that means moves away are close
    I dread to think how desperate the teams that sign those 2 jokers are.
  • Croydon said:
    Pitchforks out. 

The CM brigade will be out in force with their excuses this week and piling all the blame on Holden. 

Nah the owners can fuck off and all. Plenty of us have been cautious of them since day one and are now being proven correct. All the sniping comments calling us negative all summer are starting to look very silly.

Doesn’t change the fact that Holden is setting us up to fail week after week though.
    The main focus should be the owners. 
  • jbaker said:
    Kirk and Mcgrandles not in the squad. Would imagine that means moves away are close
    I hope you’re right but I suspect it was more just that the 2 Campbells were better options. Kirk in particular is going to be hard to offload 
  • I'd expect Mcgrandles to probably be quite easy to offload compared to the rest of them. Probably clubs in this league and SPL that would happily have him , it's only with us that it's not really worked out for him. 

Kirk ,DJ no idea. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Pitchforks out. 

The main focus should be the owners. 
    We know the owners are going to do fuck all about the squad and just doubt they'll be arsed enough to pay off Holden anyway.

If he stays in charge with this squad I could see us going down 
  • edited August 2023
    Worth saying again, if we are going to be playing three CB's, we need five senior CB's at the club. 

Sign a CB.
  • jbaker said:
    Nah they’re just bad
  • Pitchforks out. 

They put him there, didn’t give him the tools, and will now probably use him to try and absorb the blame 
  • PWADDICK said:
    No matter how crap our defence is, a front 2 of May & JCH would win us games 
    So would a front 2 of May and Leaburn. And then we could spend the JCH money on a proper centre back 
  • Would like to ask Holden about the decision to sign off on letting Egbo go without a replacement. In the grand scheme it’s not a big deal, but surely we should have left ourselves without a back-up right full-back for almost two weeks.