Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I do love it when they say that he is predominantly a right wing back but we played him on the left. 38 games mind, not just as a filler or cover when our left back was injured. Most of the flipping season. 

Probably why he went elsewhere. Like Clare. Anymore round pegs in square holes ?
  • follett said:
    I really don't understand why we let Egbo go with 0 cover at all for an 18 year old who has single digit appearances at senior level. You'd have thought there would have been something lined up immediately with 100% certainty and if there wasn't Egbo should have been kept until that was the case. We now sit in such a fragile position and I'm certain a right back will come in but if he picks up a knock in the first half today we have no cover (and the same for the last few games). It's a major red flag with the ownership for me 
    But but ... we have money to spend
  • I do love it when they say that he is predominantly a right wing back but we played him on the left. 38 games mind, not just as a filler or cover when our left back was injured. Most of the flipping season. 

Probably why he went elsewhere. Like Clare. Anymore round pegs in square holes ?
    But he’s gone to Wigan who Clare also signed for, so presumably he’ll continue to play on the left.
  • Will Wigan next sign Todd Kane?
  • So we let Clare go Egbo left Sess has joined Wigan and we've bought in Edun 
    Sounds like someone's not doing there math but we need 2 full  backs plus cover
  • Will Wigan next sign Todd Kane?
    Nah, Asiimwe 
  • Talal said:
    How long before Dabo starts to get a bit fed up with it all, if he's not already? 
    He 100 % has to prove his fitness if he wants a contract. 
    Another sick note is the last thing we need.
    Okay, but he's been with us a month and presumably we know there's some underlying issue given the failed medical. Either take the risk or don't and look elsewhere. 
  • Do they play Clare as a wingback anyway?
  • sam3110 said:
    Do they play Clare as a wingback anyway?
    They’ve been playing him at RB in a 4. 
  • Sponsored links:

With the emergence of Asiimwe and Dabo presumably coming in soon, that's the same amount. However we need another left wing back really if we're to have the squad covered. It seems Holden believes a combination of Thomas as a left back and CBT as a wing back is sufficient cover for 352 and 433 on the left though 
  • MrBurns said:
    Let's be real - we have been purchased by yet another group of pathetic spivs. Same old story!.

Looking forward to seeing the guff we bring in next week.
    Not sure way this has been lol'd. We all know it's true. If you disagree with the ownership you get told you want us to fail. 
    I LOL'd because I agree with you but find it funny that others really believe the British SM mean what they say. The American owners have obviously been taken in by what they have been told, so I do not blame them for what is happening.
    One of reasons was the emergence of the younger players … sometimes you have to go with youth if you can’t do that in league one then what’s the point of spending millions on the academy every year 
  • Colin Sams/Bexley Boy/@ RonnieMoore 

Cutting and pasting from other sources and hoping people won't realise and think he's in the know since 1996
    Why should I mention Reams .. I know it’s from him he knows that as well why should I mention it to allow people to have a go at him again .. people are just jealous of people who have very good contacts like Dubai on CL if he says something and it don’t happen the exact time and date he says he gets abuse as I say it’s just jealousy but there are a number of good people on this site who would like to hear the positive feeling around the club and what’s happening from whoever .. 
    But you DO Copy and paster what everyone puts.

I find it annoying that when I go on "the other site" and this one, I read news about possible transfers and rumours etc, and your name pops up every 10 minutes and sometimes and 1 hour so with exactly the same information It is becoming increasingly annoying. Not only that, what you copy and paste changes. I reckon about 50 of your posts in the last week are copy and pasted. 
    One of reasons was the emergence of the younger players … sometimes you have to go with youth if you can’t do that in league one then what’s the point of spending millions on the academy every year 
    With some exceptions such as leadburn, academy players need to be in and around the squad for sometime, or even go out on loan before they are ready, such as ness, Maynard-b and Kanu. even our Campbell was integrated sensibly. 

Anderson and Asiimwe have come from nowhere to be first team starters. They both show promise but both are not ready to be tried and trusted first team players. They should both be involved and play in cup games and as cover.  Port vales winner is proof of that. We need senior bodies through the door and we need them now.

im generally late to the owner bashing party but this week is a very big week for them and their future relationship with the fan base.

• Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Yeah I'd imagine it was Dabo or Sess
    In that case, why have we not signed Dabo?
    How do you know we haven't?
  • redbuttle said:
    ross1 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Not on the official website to my knowledge 
  • Scoham said:
    I do love it when they say that he is predominantly a right wing back but we played him on the left. 38 games mind, not just as a filler or cover when our left back was injured. Most of the flipping season. 

But he’s gone to Wigan who Clare also signed for, so presumably he’ll continue to play on the left.
    Maybe they have the novel idea of having 2 players to compete for one position? 
    We’ll see, I doubt he’s gone there to potentially only be back up. Same with Clare.
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I do love it when they say that he is predominantly a right wing back but we played him on the left. 38 games mind, not just as a filler or cover when our left back was injured. Most of the flipping season. 

We’ll see, I doubt he’s gone there to potentially only be back up. Same with Clare.
    I don’t think that’s really how it works. Both will want to play but they’ll have to work hard to stay there. Wigan have Clare at RB and Pearce at LB so I guess Sess will compete with both giving them two options on either side. 
  • redbuttle said:
    ross1 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Not in todays squad
  • Redhenry said:
    thenewbie said:
    We don't need Cosgrove to score goals, we need him to win/hold up the ball so that May can score goals (and hopefully Leaburn too once fit). 

It wouldn't be super exciting as signings go but it makes sense to me.
    I don’t want a striker that doesn’t score goals thanks 🤣
     We've already got one that does though?

When have Charlton ever had two out and out goal scorers?
    sam3110 said:
    cazo said:
    What’s the latest anyone can sign to play for tomorrow?
    As long as registration papers are with the FA and EFL by midday today. We can then announce the signing whenever we want
    Killer and Flanagan
    Mendonca and Hunt
  • One week left of the window and 4/5 relatively unproven academy players in the starting 11. Lucky we’ve got a good academy but man we’re short 
  • Scoham said:
    Scoham said:

I don’t think that’s really how it works. Both will want to play but they’ll have to work hard to stay there. Wigan have Clare at RB and Pearce at LB so I guess Sess will compete with both giving them two options on either side. 
    Are you saying game time isn’t part of the conversation when a player considers signing for a club? If they have two main full backs and have added Sess then he should play a decent amount of games.

My original point was he’s not gone there so he can play on the right when he’ll have decent competition in Clare.
  • I have  a cunning plan.
    Next season can we please get our transfer targets in early so we can hit the ground running. 
    A Radical thought I know,  but other teams manage to do it.