Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Kirk
    Jaiyesimi
    Mcgrandles
    Payne

All not good enough especially the top 2!!

Should be ok for us then we’re nowhere near a top2 club
  • supaclive said:
    People posting positive things are because they've been told that by the owners.   They don't know anything.  It's what the owners want to spread. 

Which is why take everything with a pinch of salt.....
    Skip load of salt, more like.
  • Laddick01 said:
    You just know Kirk is finishing with 20 goals and assists or something like that if he joins Blackpool.

Clearly not working for him here.
    This wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Just hasn't worked for him here but I don't think he's totally awful as a player. 
  • Daft to move Payne on because we won't get anyone else in to replace him. If we've got a proper creative midfielder lined up to challenge Fraser for his spot then great but recent history has shown it'll likely be a loan or another youth player getting over-promoted if anyone comes in at all. I'd rather keep Payne for the season, let him come in when he needs to and let him go at the end of his contract than reduce our experience and average age level in the squad to no positive effect. We're getting to a point where we already have tonnes of injuries and we're forcing out yet more senior players with no serious replacements. It never ends
  • I think there will be at least a couple of arrivals this week, partly to help divert attention/discussion from the club's manifest problems. As for the outs - we might get them off the wage bill (in full or a percentage) but I'd be gobsmacked if we got a fee for any of them.
  • Payne does at least add depth to the position, and do think currently at least is a much better option than Anderson. Although we have Fraser and Camara to come back, letting Payne go (if there's no replacement) again just makes an already paper thin squad even thinner
  • Sponsored links:

• Daft to move Payne on because we won't get anyone else in to replace him. If we've got a proper creative midfielder lined up to challenge Fraser for his spot then great but recent history has shown it'll likely be a loan or another youth player getting over-promoted if anyone comes in at all. I'd rather keep Payne for the season, let him come in when he needs to and let him go at the end of his contract than reduce our experience and average age level in the squad to no positive effect. We're getting to a point where we already have tonnes of injuries and we're forcing out yet more senior players with no serious replacements. It never ends
    If we replace Payne with a better player then that’s a good thing but as you say we can’t assume that’ll be the case.

The problem with Payne for me is while he can be useful off the bench you’d never want to start him. He doesn’t offer enough as Fraser’s replacement to play CM, but neither is he good enough to justify a run of starts as a 10 or out wide. He sums up last summers signings - fitted Garner’s style but overall not the standard we need.
  • what club  will want to loan out a young player to Charlton in their present state - dream on!
  • How can you expect to sign decent players when you have no manager? If they are decent then they will have other clubs in for them, I don’t think a club with no manager is going to win that battle 
  • Scoham said:
    Daft to move Payne on because we won't get anyone else in to replace him. If we've got a proper creative midfielder lined up to challenge Fraser for his spot then great but recent history has shown it'll likely be a loan or another youth player getting over-promoted if anyone comes in at all. I'd rather keep Payne for the season, let him come in when he needs to and let him go at the end of his contract than reduce our experience and average age level in the squad to no positive effect. We're getting to a point where we already have tonnes of injuries and we're forcing out yet more senior players with no serious replacements. It never ends
    If we replace Payne with a better player then that’s a good thing but as you say we can’t assume that’ll be the case.

The problem with Payne for me is while he can be useful off the bench you’d never want to start him. He doesn’t offer enough as Fraser’s replacement to play CM, but neither is he good enough to justify a run of starts as a 10 or out wide. He sums up last summers signings - fitted Garner’s style but overall not the standard we need.
    Did Payne suit Garner's style? In L1? 

It's not as if he was that effective under Garner.

Garnerball worked at Swindon as he had very good players for that division.
  • Surprised to see Payne as a potential departure

So we wont have a single player here that we signed last summer
    That second line sums up the club on and off the pitch doesn't it. In a year, we don't have the structure and strategy in place to mean that either an entire transfer window of signings or the coaching team put in place (and the coaching team which replaced it) are still worth their place at the club. Oh and we've been taken over since and so have an entirely new executive and non-executive leadership team too. What a club.
  • Payne works in a 4231, as the number 10, so he has support from a central striker, 2 wingers and 2 holding midfielders behind him meaning he doesn't have to do much defensive work. We don't play like that and so instead we shoehorn him into a winger role or a midfield 3 and he's ineffective 
  • edited August 2023
    Scoham said:

Interesting that DJ wasn’t mentioned but would be surprised if him going isn’t a possibility.
    I wouldn't be upset if he left, but DJ was a right back option on Saturday surely under the circumstances.

In terms of Payne. He is probably a player that we could move on whereas with the wages Kirk is on, nobody at the level he could be effective at would be interested. Again, McGrandles did well enough for Cambridge and could be moved on. We are probably stuck with DJ and Kirk unless we subsidise a loan for them.
  • Surprised to see Payne as a potential departure

So we wont have a single player here that we signed last summer
    With our threadbare squad I would have thought Payne a decent squad member, at least he brings a bit of energy to the team & is likely to grab a goal when he comes on as a sub. In fact out of the four he would be the one that we might miss. Still it's one wage less to pay out. Replacement ? Scott pulled out all the stops & we had a really exciting player lined up that many championship clubs were after but just couldn't get it over the line. 
  • MarcusH26 said:

If that's true, Critchley can see something nobody else can
    I'm thinking of going Blackpool for the week on holiday, I've got a spare seat in the back of my car if you want me to drop him :)
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    Lots of talk about getting rid...we need IN's please as well, unless it means our U21s becoming the first team....🤷‍♂️
  • Lots of talk about getting rid...we need IN's please as well, unless it means our U21s becoming the first team....🤷‍♂️
    Most of them already are
  • ross1 said:
    Would love to know how the club was sold to Camara and Taylor. Both seemingly had links from clubs higher up the pyramid and chose us. Surely, "We'll be getting some young premier league players in on loan in the last few days of the window" can't have been it
    Could add staff like Andy Scott to that too. He looks to have been mugged off twice.

When he joined in Jan he said ‘he wouldn’t be here if there wasn’t funds to spend’ before proceeding to spend zero transfer fees and deliver one of our worst transfer windows for years (Todd Kane, Kilkenny, Bonne etc).

This time round he claims he gave up a good job to come back…but why? It’s very hard to see what he’s come back for when we once again look to be scrapping around in the last min loan / free transfer bucket with very little sign that there really are funds to bring in the quality we need.

Something definitely doesn’t feel right & CM looks to have mislead a lot of people (staff, investors and fans that bought season tickets thinking our billionaire owners would go for it).

One week left to show us differently I guess 🤞 
    5 days to go until this groups mouthpiece Methven has some explaining to do.

Interestingly, we've still yet to hear a single word from any of the main players and I wonder if we ever will.
    You will not hear from CM unless we start winning. One of his mouthpieces will repeat something he tells them about how good the position of the club is.
    Old Etonian twatt - he is not going to explain anything.

The SMT will have a strategic plan [that no one has seen] and they will deliver that plan. That’s the line they will put out.

They forget that few and dwindling fans will widen the losses as Roly & TS found out.

Fecking idiots 
  • Cawley has more or less confirmed there will be permanent and loans still to come in. Let’s see who before we jump to too many conclusions. Feel sorry for Holden because he was a good man. Sadly the results and a few other things pointed to him not being the right man for us. 
    I would say 2 loans and Dabo on a free.. And potentially paying a fee if the right deal can be made! 

• Scoham said:
    Daft to move Payne on because we won't get anyone else in to replace him. If we've got a proper creative midfielder lined up to challenge Fraser for his spot then great but recent history has shown it'll likely be a loan or another youth player getting over-promoted if anyone comes in at all. I'd rather keep Payne for the season, let him come in when he needs to and let him go at the end of his contract than reduce our experience and average age level in the squad to no positive effect. We're getting to a point where we already have tonnes of injuries and we're forcing out yet more senior players with no serious replacements. It never ends

Did Payne suit Garner's style? In L1? 

It's not as if he was that effective under Garner.

Garnerball worked at Swindon as he had very good players for that division.
    On paper yes as he played a key part in Garner’s Swindon getting to the playoffs and nearly making automatic promotion.

He wasn’t effective for Garner in reality as he’s not good enough for where we’re aiming to be.
  • sam3110 said:
    Payne works in a 4231, as the number 10, so he has support from a central striker, 2 wingers and 2 holding midfielders behind him meaning he doesn't have to do much defensive work. We don't play like that and so instead we shoehorn him into a winger role or a midfield 3 and he's ineffective 
    Does he? Or would he lack the quality needed and end up being dropped?

If he moves on it won’t be to a club who finishes in the top 6 with Payne playing regularly as a 10.