Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Cawley has tacked on to the Payne article that we’re looking to offload DJ but not much interest so think he might be hanging around for a while 
  • Surely not. Them going in for Chuks would be an absolute lifeline for us. He's a fantastic player but he's on a big wage on a very long contract and he just can't stay fit at Charlton. He'd probably play every game at Wrexham somehow as well. The more I think about it, Wrexham can actually afford to have a brilliant player who just comes on for an impact and might miss a lot of games through injury, the effect he'd have on L2 defences in the last 20 minutes when he id play would be devastating.
    Any source claiming anyone will sign Chuks Aneke, and for a fee can be completely ignored as bollocks.

Only we're daft enough to do that.
  • edited August 2023
    Scoham said:
    https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/five-players-linked-wrexham-transfers-27614257

Wrexham linked with five strikers, Chuks, Lyle and our former academy player Hanlan being three of them.
    Linked with everyone but will buy  no one as usual . They started with 10 of last seasons 11 the other week. Reynolds might be putting money into the club but very little on players
    They need to concentrate on the other end of the pitch. Their defence makes Charltons look like world beaters.
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:
    https://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport/football/five-players-linked-wrexham-transfers-27614257

Wrexham linked with five strikers, Chuks, Lyle and our former academy player Hanlan being three of them.
    Linked with everyone but will buy  no one as usual . They started with 10 of last seasons 11 the other week. Reynolds might be putting money into the club but very little on players.
    Signed Boyle and McLean, both on big wages for League 2, also some of the wages they are already paying (O'Connell, Mullins, Lee) are big for League 2 teams.

No idea what your agenda is against Wrexham, but I'd kill to have someone like Reynolds and McElhenney pumping money into the club. 
    be interesting to see how much they would need to pay in this year. With their revenue increasing I doubt they're putting too much in and I was expecting more. Boyle and McClean are good signings and wouldn't have been cheap but I thought they'd be a little more ambitious. 
  • Scoham said:

Linked with everyone but will buy  no one as usual . They started with 10 of last seasons 11 the other week. Reynolds might be putting money into the club but very little on players
    They need to concentrate on the other end of the pitch. Their defence makes Charltons look like world beaters.
    I doubt he's still putting money in. They've got some great sponsorship deals, the tv series, and made a fortune from their pre-season US tour. Their revenue at league 2 level probably means he doesn't need to put his own money in. I'm sure i read it's projected to be around $20m this season.
  • sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:

Linked with everyone but will buy  no one as usual . They started with 10 of last seasons 11 the other week. Reynolds might be putting money into the club but very little on players.
    Signed Boyle and McLean, both on big wages for League 2, also some of the wages they are already paying (O'Connell, Mullins, Lee) are big for League 2 teams.

No idea what your agenda is against Wrexham, but I'd kill to have someone like Reynolds and McElhenney pumping money into the club. 
    be interesting to see how much they would need to pay in this year. With their revenue increasing I doubt they're putting too much in and I was expecting more. Boyle and McClean are good signings and wouldn't have been cheap but I thought they'd be a little more ambitious. 
    Doing lots of work around the infrastructure of the club this season it seems, work on the stadium and a new training ground are in the works. 

I expect them to make a splash with a fairly big signing this week though. 
  • sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Scoham said:

Doing lots of work around the infrastructure of the club this season it seems, work on the stadium and a new training ground are in the works. 

I expect them to make a splash with a fairly big signing this week though. 
    Yeah fair point. I just think with a Wrexham it's got the potential to lose its appeal quickly so I thought they'd go quite hard at getting another promotion. The story will go a bit dead if they're stuck in mid table this season IMO. Like you say, probably a signing or 2 this week. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2023
    In my opinion, they need to get this manager sorted before the window closes, because any player worth his salt will want to know who the manager is going to be. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Striker set to be announced today
    Thanks for passing on the information. Are you able to say whether a youngster or a seasoned professional? 
  • Good news is DJ contract is up next summer, unlike Kirks and Aneke 
  • No way Wrexham or any other club will be interested in Chuks. It is a laughable rumour.
  • Hopefully Cosgrove or superior experienced striker, already have two talented but young strikers of our own. 
  • MrBurns said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Is it the same Striker that we were signing last Friday? 
    I don't, I didn't hear about any signing last Friday, apart from what other forums said. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrBurns said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Is it the same Striker that we were signing last Friday? He's very elusive defenders can't get near him.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    well that's me now done work wise for the day ;) 

(constantly checks phone)
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Not another one surely not
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Real or Reams level
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Thanks for passing on the information. Are you able to say whether a youngster or a seasoned professional? 

Nombe 24 
  • Wonder if it will be Tedic , Cosgrove or a complete surprise.