Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Rumour, and it's only a rumour, is that McGrandles is injured and out for a couple of months.

And while I don't rate him at all that is bad news because it means we can't move him on this week, possibly meaning one less player in.
    What a signing he's been!
    Repetitive Strain injury... In his arse?
  • I don't know a huge amount about Etete but it looks like he picked up towards the end of the season when he had more of a run in the team. He's young but he's played a season of Championship football. Would be an interesting one
  • Wonder if Tedic is the back up plan to Etete
  • Thinking about it, have we ever had a decent loan from Man City? I can only remember the first Matt Smith and Abdul Razak in recent times but they were both rancid. Bit longer ago but I guess Danny Mills was on loan from City and he deliberately got himself sent off so that went well. Neil Heaney started the Play-Off final but I don't remember him exactly setting the world alight in a few games (but also I was 7 years old). Should we just not loan players from City?
  • I'd be surprised if a forward comes in today.
  • Thinking about it, have we ever had a decent loan from Man City? I can only remember the first Matt Smith and Abdul Razak in recent times but they were both rancid. Bit longer ago but I guess Danny Mills was on loan from City and he deliberately got himself sent off so that went well. Neil Heaney started the Play-Off final but I don't remember him exactly setting the world alight in a few games (but also I was 7 years old). Should we just not loan players from City?
    Jim Melrose was a quality signing by Lennie from Man City 
  • shirty5 said:
    Thinking about it, have we ever had a decent loan from Man City? I can only remember the first Matt Smith and Abdul Razak in recent times but they were both rancid. Bit longer ago but I guess Danny Mills was on loan from City and he deliberately got himself sent off so that went well. Neil Heaney started the Play-Off final but I don't remember him exactly setting the world alight in a few games (but also I was 7 years old). Should we just not loan players from City?
    Permanent though wasn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    No way Cawley tweets this unless he's been told there's definite interest from us.
    Yeah typically Rich only tweets when a deal is close, imagine to stop competition from other clubs. This seems the most likely of the lot. 6'6 as well so will be a problem from corners at least.

Based on what Callum has shared though Cardiff may not be willing to release now.

Here lies the problem when you rely on other clubs, you're playing by their game. All of this is eliminated if you show ambition and prize players away. 

I would love to see our ffp figures and how much room we have to spend. Surely it can't be that bad..

Got a smaller squad than last season for a start 
  • shirty5 said:
    Thinking about it, have we ever had a decent loan from Man City? I can only remember the first Matt Smith and Abdul Razak in recent times but they were both rancid. Bit longer ago but I guess Danny Mills was on loan from City and he deliberately got himself sent off so that went well. Neil Heaney started the Play-Off final but I don't remember him exactly setting the world alight in a few games (but also I was 7 years old). Should we just not loan players from City?
    40,000 (Roughly) March 1986
  • jbaker said:
    Tedic career stats:

63 starts, 65 sub appearances, 6356 minutes, 20 goals.

So he averages a goal every 317 minutes. 
    So if he plays 40 games. . . Scores us 10 match winners and sets up 10 goals for May. . . Job done!
    or he plays 40 games, is sub most games and ends up with 2 goals & 3 assists. Seen it all before - from Polish Pete to Josh Parker.... and everything inbetween. 
  • jbaker said:
    Tedic career stats:

63 starts, 65 sub appearances, 6356 minutes, 20 goals.

So he averages a goal every 317 minutes. 
    So if he plays 40 games. . . Scores us 10 match winners and sets up 10 goals for May. . . Job done!
    or he plays 40 games, is sub most games and ends up with 2 goals & 3 assists. Seen it all before - from Polish Pete to Josh Parker.... and everything inbetween. 
    Josh Parker did a job for us to be fair. 
    Did he  ?  Highlight was getting a free kick on 90+3 at Wembley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pointless information about Slobadan Tedic unless he ends up at the Valley;
    As well as the Illic brothers !

Slob was scouted playing for Cukaricki a team in Belgrade: Not even Partizan or Red star. Tedic scored 8 in 57 games so not prolific but Man city signed him when he just 20.
    Just like Ivan and Luka Illic who were signed by City in 2017 from Red Star but both were released without playing for the 1st team.
    Ivan now plays for Torino.
  • Pointless information about Slobadan Tedic unless he ends up at the Valley;
    As well as the Illic brothers !

Slob was scouted playing for Cukaricki a team in Belgrade: Not even Partizan or Red star. Tedic scored 8 in 57 games so not prolific but Man city signed him when he just 20.
    Just like Ivan and Luka Illic who were signed by City in 2017 from Red Star but both were released without playing for the 1st team.
    Ivan now plays for Torino.
    Thanks for that, really gripping stuff…
  • Taxi_Lad said:
    Neil Heaney’s finest moment came in the players bar after the semifinal 1st leg 👊
    Hence his nickname of "One Punch" 
  • edited August 2023
    Here’s hoping they chuck a mobile phone pic of players holding the shirt rather than faffing about with strobe lights and ‘it’s official’ hashtags.
    Weeks without signings, managerless and a few precious days of the window left,
    Read the room on this one hopefully. 
  • cafc_se7 said:
    People need to remember that we have Leaburn back to whom I actually think May will form a formidable partnership. Tedic will help and hopefully Chuks and Kanu can feature where possible. 

No I am not Charlie before someone calls it. I am being deadly serious thinking about it logically. I would love to see Nombe or JCH as much as anyone else. I am just glad to see our Miles back! 
    So you prefer Charles then ?
  • edited August 2023
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Neil Heaney’s finest moment came in the players bar after the semifinal 1st leg 👊
    Who was the unfortunate recipient? Mauricio Taricco?
  • shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    40,000 (Roughly) March 1986
    Is that how many CAFC fans attended his signing.
  • RedChaser said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Who was the unfortunate recipient?
    Tarrico