Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Etete played the full game & scored a 94th min winner in Cardiff’s league cup game at Birmingham this eve.
  • Etete played the full game & scored a 94th min winner in Cardiff’s league cup game at Birmingham this eve.
    He isn't joining us then!
  • edited August 2023
    Sorry the game was last night rather than tonight. Sam Cosgrove came on as a sub in the same game.
  • J BLOCK said:
    nagAddick said:
    Rumours on ittv that it’s likely to only be Dabo and Tedic signing
    I hope now everyone can see what this mob are about then, all talk no action. Pathetic window that leaves us well short and once again treading water in mid table. 
    Why are people taking it as gospel that we’re only gonna sign two, nothing else has been right so far.
    we’re gonna have to just wait and see then we can all judge. 
  • Sorry the game was last night rather than tonight. Sam Cosgrove came on as a sub in the same game.
    Were both of them desperately trying to impress any watching Charlton scout, and earn a dream move to SE7?
  • Bear with me, this is absolutely nailed on fact, the transfer window is definitely shutting at 11pm on Friday night, no ifs, no buts, and you can have that one for free…..
  • edited August 2023
    ButtleJR said:
    Striker and right back are apparently coming. We need to get two more out to get any more in than that whilst staying within the rules. 
    Which rules @ButtleJR ?
    Can only assume FFP. Though wasn't specified. Could also be the size of the squad. 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Striker and right back are apparently coming. We need to get two more out to get any more in than that whilst staying within the rules. So don't write that off just yet. 
    Is Payne included in that or would it have to be 2 more after that? 
  • Sponsored links:

• ButtleJR said:
    Striker and right back are apparently coming. We need to get two more out to get any more in than that whilst staying within the rules. So don't write that off just yet. 

What rules are those please? FFP or something else 
  • edited August 2023
    What I don’t understand is why would Methven be playing silly buggers at this point in time?
    I assume he has told his money men that a top six finish is the minimum requirement. The way he appears to be going about things isn’t exactly conducive to achieving that objective.
    The problem is that Methven is not remotely as clever or competent as he thinks he is. 

Melrose said:
    Why, oh why then, did they buy the fucking club? One has to wonder what their true motives are. 2 months in and they have totally lost the fans. This isn't going to end well. Billionaires, AS,  my arse
    Again... Charlie is not the smooth operator he thinks he is. He's sold them an absolute pup. And now that reality has bitten him square on the pink-trousered behind he's flailing in the wind.

As much as we might want the Consortium to pay more direct attention... Methven very much does not as he'll have some very awkward questions to answer I suspect.
  • What I don’t understand is why would Methven be playing silly buggers at this point in time?
    I assume he has told his money men that a top six finish is the minimum requirement. The way he appears to be going about things isn’t exactly conducive to achieving that objective.
    I don’t think he’s got an ulterior motive, I think he thinks he can make it work with minimum investment and the set up he’s put together.  He’s got a payoff for brokering the deal I would imagine and a small percentage of the club.  If we’re still languishing around the lower half of the table come Xmas then I expect the conversations may be a little more frank.  I think @Dippenhall summed it up well a few days ago on another thread when he shared that the majority investors have probably agreed to put X in over the next 2 years, in the belief that that may be enough, but will walk away at the end of those 2 years if they don’t see any progress.  

I can never imagine having the wealth they have, so I have no idea if this would even touch the sides or would they care if it goes wrong.  Can’t imagine they will.  As the last month or so has evolved, it seems like it’s unraveling and I highly doubt they’ll take another look at it in Jan and spend anymore.  That’s the only thing I will give TS credit for, he did put his hand his pocket when he first got here.  Naively, but at least he came in and spent a bit of money.

• I'm assuming 2 more needed out after Payne? 
  • edited August 2023
    NabySarr said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Is Payne included in that or would it have to be 2 more after that? 
    The latter as I had the conversation this evening. Payne was 1 in 1 out for C.Campbell.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I'm assuming 2 more needed out after Payne? 
    We still need 3 defenders in my book, and get some of the youngsters out on loan to make mistakes in other peoples first teams.
  • supaclive said:
    We are NOWHERE NEAR FFP!

I can't believe people still believe this crap
    As I said this wasn't specified. May be squad size. 
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    ButtleJR said:

What rules are those please? FFP or something else 
    To speculate- maybe the rules implied by available budget after all the costs of the SMT , staff and remaining players?
  • fenaddick said:
    unless the wages we are paying are championship level we can’t be anywhere near FFP limits. Our squad is small and we haven’t spent much on transfers fees really. If a L1 team is having FFP issues they’d basically need to be going bust 
    Only thing I can think of is that we are probably still pay the transfer fees of Jaiyesimi, Kirk, Stockley, Lavelle, Aneke as these are usually paid in instalments over the duration of the contract they sign rather than in one go. That (and the wages of those that are still here) might be having an impact now 
  • FFP is calculated on parts of the clubs turnover. Wouldn’t be surprised if we are close to it. Poor crowds last year, ticket sales, hospitality, sponsors pulling out etc all effect the FFP
    and budget 
  • We are bloody good at nearly getting players and managers from the league above!
  • ButtleJR said:
    Cardiff striker wanted to come but Cardiff blocked the move. Sounds like he won't be coming at this point. 

JR, does this mean that Slobadan Tedic will happen as the grains of sands only have 48 hours left. ⏳⌛🕚
  • NabySarr said:
    fenaddick said:
    unless the wages we are paying are championship level we can’t be anywhere near FFP limits. Our squad is small and we haven’t spent much on transfers fees really. If a L1 team is having FFP issues they’d basically need to be going bust 
    Only thing I can think of is that we are probably still pay the transfer fees of Jaiyesimi, Kirk, Stockley, Lavelle, Aneke as these are usually paid in instalments over the duration of the contract they sign rather than in one go. That (and the wages of those that are still here) might be having an impact now 
    those fees would have been amortised over the length of their contract anyway regardless of payment structure