Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited August 2023
    RedChaser said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Neil Heaney’s finest moment came in the players bar after the semifinal 1st leg 👊
    Who was the unfortunate recipient?
    Tarrico
    Cheers I vaguely remember that. Found an article in which Dave Bassett made reference to it after a Leicester v Spurs game where MT was up to his wind up antics.
  • Richard J said:
    DOUCHER said:
    BTW - Charlton said they would make room for Lewis even though it wasn't a priority position - he felt that Holden leaving wasn't good for his chances of moving here however although thats not to say he won't - Leeds won't loan him to another championship club - he has 6 months to go then he can talk to other clubs - he has lots opf clubs interested - he just wants to play football though and sitting on a bench for 6 months isn't what he wants or why he chose to move from Chelsea to Leeds.   
    Does this mean he still would come despite the managerial uncertainty?

Now Payne has gone I think he would fit the bill as a replacement. Crucially for me he is also left footed.
    Yes I think he would - it’s more that the new manager may want somebody else is why he said Holden leaving wasn’t good for his chances of getting the move 
  • Bobby Petta, no?

RedChaser said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Neil Heaney’s finest moment came in the players bar after the semifinal 1st leg 👊
    Who was the unfortunate recipient? Mauricio Taricco?

• Bobby Petta, no?

RedChaser said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Who was the unfortunate recipient? Mauricio Taricco?

https://www.twtd.co.uk/amp/news/2635/bassett-savages-taricco

In an astonishing outburst Bassett even went as far as to say the best thing to happen to Taricco was when Neil Heaney hit him in a post-match scuffle on some stairs outside the Portman Road Players' Lounge after Town's play-off semi-final with the Addicks in 1998.’

• Well I never, would have bet my house on it!
  • PWR

465 new posts and if I go by @garrymanilow theory, as it’s in the hundreds there must be some serious rumours?

Shall I trawl through and if I do, will I come out a better man, gunga din?
  • sam3110 said:
    CAFC just tweeted and deleted a fist emoji and "looking to make an impact"

Guessing they forgot the announcement tweet beforehand
    It was only Jason Pearce 
  • edited August 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:

Just the article about Pearce 
  • sam3110 said:

It’s about Pearce
  • Is he player coach for Saturday? Won't catch him 80 yards out of position for a long throw in!
  • Momentum building for 11pm Friday 1st September.

Fanny will have a tingle. Guess the headlines on the OS ...... ?

• Does the window shut at 11pm tomorrow?
  • Yes 11pm close. So I'd still be expecting one deal that we are " working on" at 1040pm 
  • seth plum said:
    Does the window shut at 11pm tomorrow?
    11pm Friday
  • seth plum said:
    In England and Scotland, the transfer window shuts at 11pm on Friday 1 September.

All five major European leagues will close their transfer window on the same 1 September deadline, although not all at the same time.

The majority of countries share the same 11pm deadline. Clubs in Spain and France will need to register players by that time, with Italy due to close a little earlier at 7pm.

Germany continues its tradition of being the first of the major leagues to close its transfer window, with the Bundesliga requiring all deals to be completed by 5pm.

There are a handful of European countries who will allow new players to be registered later than England, most notably Belgium (6 September), Turkey (8 September) and Portugal (22 September).

The Saudi Arabia transfer deadline is 20 September.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/transfer-window-deadline-day-2023-everything-you-need-to-know#:~:text=All five major European leagues,a little earlier at 7pm.

• clive said:
    seth plum said:
    In England and Scotland, the transfer window shuts at 11pm on Friday 1 September.

All five major European leagues will close their transfer window on the same 1 September deadline, although not all at the same time.

The majority of countries share the same 11pm deadline. Clubs in Spain and France will need to register players by that time, with Italy due to close a little earlier at 7pm.

Germany continues its tradition of being the first of the major leagues to close its transfer window, with the Bundesliga requiring all deals to be completed by 5pm.

There are a handful of European countries who will allow new players to be registered later than England, most notably Belgium (6 September), Turkey (8 September) and Portugal (22 September).

The Saudi Arabia transfer deadline is 20 September.

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/transfer-window-deadline-day-2023-everything-you-need-to-know#:~:text=All five major European leagues,a little earlier at 7pm.

Oh no, you've spoiled all the fun. Some people were preparing their posts for Friday morning, expecting the window to close tomorrow. :)

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    seth plum said:
    11pm Friday
    That will be out excuse for not signing any players “we tried our best to get bodies in, but thought we missed the Thursday Deadline”
  • Long day. Any one in yet ? Any substantive rumours ? Any loans ? 
  • vff said:
    Long day. Any one in yet ? Any substantive rumours ? Any loans ? 
    Cawley mentioned two different strikers as options but nothing imminent
  • seth plum said:
    FRIDAY
  • So the window shuts at 11pm tomorrow?