Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:
    Would expect Derby to be the main competitors for May. They've only really got James Collins in terms of strikers. Mcgoldrick was released. 
    Stockton was at Derby looking around week ago , only one bid made for May and that’s us 
  • I don't mind Gillingham doing well, as to me they're like Leyton Orient. Local teams, but not local rivals like Millwall or Palace.

I'm sure Derby fans don't see Burton as local rivals either, even though they're in the same division at the moment.
  • May to Gillingham rumour was well wide of the mark.
    it was purely that they started some promotional tweets and 2+2 became 5.
    The tweets were preparing for the kit release.
    I doubt they even considered a bid.
    I reckon there will be league 1 competition though. Doubt we will be the only team in for him 
  • CafcSCP said:
    May to Gillingham rumour was well wide of the mark.
    I reckon there will be league 1 competition though. Doubt we will be the only team in for him 
    Derby, is the rumour 
  • Valley11 said:
    CafcSCP said:
    May to Gillingham rumour was well wide of the mark.
    Derby, is the rumour 
    Got to make an offer first ??
  • So far since the Wrexham Hollywood Circus started who have Reynolds and Co actually paid any money for apart from our centre back in January ? I’m sure they might pay a couple of hundred grand on a few players  but some of the players they have been linked with are laughable. 
  • DA9 said:
    Scoham said:
    We're an established league one club. Our turn out at home is well below15k. We are not a "big" club and playing for CAFC is not in itself an attractive reason for signing.

In my opinion obviously.
    Whatever way you look at it we’re one of the bigger 7/8 L1 clubs with expectations that we should be challenging the top 6 as a minimum.

For players at the majority of L1 clubs we’d be seen as a step up as the potential is there in a way it isn’t for those clubs.
    We are most definitely a bigger club than the caravan dwellers, and Wrexham 

bigger history than both, bigger fanbase, better ground, and I’m confident better training facilities 

The only reason, he would join either above us is wages and the glam of playing for the current Hollywood owners in north wales.

If it were based purely on a football decision and size of club support and history, we win hands down all day long.
    That may seem arrogant, but facts are facts.
    Talking to some septics on holiday last week, Wrexham are huge amongst everyone they know in San Francisco. Buying the shirts, watching the TV show. 
  • So far since the Wrexham Hollywood Circus started who have Reynolds and Co actually paid any money for apart from our centre back in January ? I’m sure they might pay a couple of hundred grand on a few players  but some of the players they have been linked with are laughable. 
    They spent £300k on Ollie Palmer when they signed him from Wimbledon in 2021

Ben Tozer from Cheltenham is another they've paid money for, both of whom from League One

Ben Tozer from Cheltenham is another they've paid money for, both of whom from League One

I'd expect 2-3 signings for them for fees - players of a similar ilk to Palmer and Tozer from the lower end of League 1. I can't see the whole sign a bunch of aging Welsh internationals thing actually happening.

Allowing for these still probably  less than a million spent on player signings  in nearly 3 years ownership. Hardly overwhelming when you consider all the  hype surrounding them.. 
  • Sponsored links:

• nagAddick said:
    There must be some kind of agreement between TS and the group around budget. Maybe TS pays for the transfers and then they give him money for them after the approval or something like that.
    Maybe TS has sold them the copyright to Addicks to Victory"
  • sam3110 said:
    So far since the Wrexham Hollywood Circus started who have Reynolds and Co actually paid any money for apart from our centre back in January ? I’m sure they might pay a couple of hundred grand on a few players  but some of the players they have been linked with are laughable. 

Allowing for these still probably  less than a million spent on player signings  in nearly 3 years ownership. Hardly overwhelming when you consider all the  hype surrounding them.. 
    For a non league team? That's a huge amount
    Still a far cry from  the million pound players they are continually linked with in this circus. I would be amazed if they spend  a million next season on any player despite all the paper talk.
  • thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    DA9 said:
    Scoham said:
    We're an established league one club. Our turn out at home is well below15k. We are not a "big" club and playing for CAFC is not in itself an attractive reason for signing.

In my opinion obviously.
    Whatever way you look at it we’re one of the bigger 7/8 L1 clubs with expectations that we should be challenging the top 6 as a minimum.

For players at the majority of L1 clubs we’d be seen as a step up as the potential is there in a way it isn’t for those clubs.

bigger history than both, bigger fanbase, better ground, and I’m confident better training facilities 

The only reason, he would join either above us is wages and the glam of playing for the current Hollywood owners in north wales.

If it were based purely on a football decision and size of club support and history, we win hands down all day long.
    True. But in real life, it’s very much the case that wages, glamour and the "Hollywood owners" will turn quite a few heads before they're done.
    After the glitz has departed and the owner is mostly back in Hollywood there’s not much in the way of glamour to be had in Wrexham. 
    True but that's why I said "before they're done." The bubble will burst at some point but it hasn't yet.
    I think theyre in it for the long hall... they both seem to have got a bug for it and Ryan Reynolds has bought a house in Wrexham.
  • se9addick said:
    Looks like secondary school Gillingham Twitter have convinced themselves May is signing and nothing more.  I’ll be stunned if it’s true.
    I will be more stunned if some of the players mentioned above sign for us. Nothing has changed, we are still a badly run club and not attractive. Just because a takeover has been announced changes nothing.

If I was, Stockton, May, Dack, JCH etc I would not go anywhere near The Valley 
    Really? Millwall would be a great move for any of them. 
    Of course it would, they are a well run club 
  • sam3110 said:
    So far since the Wrexham Hollywood Circus started who have Reynolds and Co actually paid any money for apart from our centre back in January ? I’m sure they might pay a couple of hundred grand on a few players  but some of the players they have been linked with are laughable. 

For a non league team? That's a huge amount
    Still a far cry from  the million pound players they are continually linked with in this circus. I would be amazed if they spend  a million next season on any player despite all the paper talk.
    Million pound players rarely happen in league 1, let alone league 2. They’ve still spent some dosh, even aside from fees players like Mullin and Tozer dropped 2 divisions to join them. They didn’t do that for pennies. 
  • edited June 2023
    Derby have confirmed that negotiations have ended with McGoldrick, as he wants to join Notts County

Not a bad replacement if they lose Longstaff this summe
  • I saw young Bally play for us away at Shrewbury. He was neither Bally nor Smart. Pawel Abbott scored that day IIRC. We were bad last year but not as bad as we were when we had the likes of Bally Smart and Pawel Abbott turning out for us.
    Funny thing was, we were better. Not necessarily in that cup game, but we were consistently in the top 6 that season, at least until Parkinson got shown the door

Maybe the league quality was shitter, back then, or we started the season with a better manager (better than Garner).
  • Sponsored links:

• Derby have confirmed that negotiations have ended with McGoldrick, as he wants to join Notts County

• CAFCsayer said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    DA9 said:
    Scoham said:

In my opinion obviously.

True. But in real life, it’s very much the case that wages, glamour and the "Hollywood owners" will turn quite a few heads before they're done.
    After the glitz has departed and the owner is mostly back in Hollywood there’s not much in the way of glamour to be had in Wrexham. 
    True but that's why I said "before they're done." The bubble will burst at some point but it hasn't yet.
    I think theyre in it for the long hall... they both seem to have got a bug for it and Ryan Reynolds has bought a house in Wrexham.
    I have visions of him living in a 2 up 2 down terrace  ;)
  • edited June 2023
    Reams on ITTV saying the Orient keeper is coming to us and indicating that the rumour is from one of their forums.

Still think it would be a strange one unless AMB or Wollacott is off.
  • Valley11 said:

I think one of their posters is Terel Thomas's uncle.
  • Derby have confirmed that negotiations have ended with McGoldrick, as he wants to join Notts County

Very good signing for league 2.