Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• He won't be signing to be a number 2
  • sam3110 said:
    He won't be signing to be a number 2
    Neither AMB or Wollacott are bad keepers and I doubt both will be leaving. We will probably have 2 decent keepers and the better man takes the gloves. Nobody with any confidence would happily accept being number 2 but he’ll have to earn his place. 
  • edited June 2023
    Interestingly Holden managed Wollacott at Bristol City previously.He never picked him in a first team match at either there or for us.Maybe he doesn't fancy him.
  • I really rste AMB... be a strsnge one as im sure he will cost a fee
  • edited June 2023
    CAFCsayer said:
    I really rste AMB... be a strsnge one as im sure he will cost a fee

Out of contract I think... would be a free transfer.
  • We might get a fee for Jojo. Doubt we would for AMB. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    It's a weird one because if Holden didn't fancy AMB he could have had a look see at Woolacott late in the season without up setting the apple cart. 
    True, but AMB looked sound until late in the season, when many fans already anticipated Wollacott would be off.
    Perhaps by then Holden knew Wollacott was going, so no point playing him. 
  • CAFCsayer said:

He signed a new three year contract in March??
  • We have to keep hold of Ashley over Wollacott, clearly Dean rates him as the better choice...
  • Red_Raver said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Orient haven't listed him as being under contract for next season, unless that's a mistake.
  • Red_Raver said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Orient haven't listed him as being under contract for next season, unless that's a mistake.
    Apologies - was referring to AMB!
  • One of those situations where if he's better than both AMB and Wollacott - you don't not sign him because we're alright in that position.

That's the kind of thinking that keeps you in mid table. I like that we're identifying targets in all positions.

The much needed clear out is happening?
    I agree with the sentiment but not when it comes to the keepers.  There are probably 50ish goal keepers we could realistically sign that would be good enough for a promotion winning team.  That's not true in any other position.  In most your looking at 4 or 5.

It's also the only position, for us, where we could actually do some sort of fancy transfer slight of hand and both improve that position and make a transfer profit.

• Derby have confirmed that negotiations have ended with McGoldrick, as he wants to join Notts County

Not a bad replacement if they lose Longstaff this summe
    I'd be buying Langstaff.
  • Why do we need another keeper ??  That's the last position we need to strengthen atm. 
  • nagAddick said:
    Vigouroux kept 24 clean sheets last season - the most in league 2 
    Was in the League Two team of the season too.
  • edited June 2023
    Why do we need another keeper ??  That's the last position we need to strengthen atm. 
    If Wollacott leaves... Our options are AMB or Kone

We can stop Jojo from leaving, but do we want to rely on a Goalkeeper having to play, who doesn't want to be here
  • Sponsored links:

• More entertaining than the Champions League final!
    ;-)
  • Hardly uprooting either, just a short hop over the river for training assuming he lives out in the Essex/East London borders
  • edited June 2023
    Vigoroux continues the Swindon link as well. Great stuff.
  • Why do we need another keeper ??  That's the last position we need to strengthen atm. 

Out of contract and highly rated. Would be rude not to. What we currently have are not spectacular 
  • Scoham said:
    We're an established league one club. Our turn out at home is well below15k. We are not a "big" club and playing for CAFC is not in itself an attractive reason for signing.

In my opinion obviously.
    Whatever way you look at it we’re one of the bigger 7/8 L1 clubs with expectations that we should be challenging the top 6 as a minimum.

For players at the majority of L1 clubs we’d be seen as a step up as the potential is there in a way it isn’t for those clubs.
    Fair enough

• We might get a fee for Jojo. Doubt we would for AMB. 
    Didn't AMB signed an extended contract a few months ago?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:
    It's a weird one because if Holden didn't fancy AMB he could have had a look see at Woolacott late in the season without up setting the apple cart. 
    I was expecting JoJo to get a game near the end of the season, to show he wasn't completely out of favour.

That he didn't says a lot.