Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• LTKapal said:
    For what it’s worth I know we’re putting the feelers out for a striker, we did enquire about the availability of Dion Charles a while ago 

Charles would be one hell of a move but I would guess Bolton would be wanting £1.5m at least. 
  • Didn’t someone say last week that Clarke-Harris is target. 
  • Is there genuine info suggesting we’re in for players of the calibre and cost of Clarke-Harris, Dack etc?  Feel like we’re getting a bit carried away. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Is there genuine info suggesting we’re in for players of the calibre and cost of Clarke-Harris, Dack etc?  Feel like we’re getting a bit carried away. 
    Totally agree, takeover isn't even complete yet we're still in project breakeven as far as im concerned 
  • mart77 said:
    Is there genuine info suggesting we’re in for players of the calibre and cost of Clarke-Harris, Dack etc?  Feel like we’re getting a bit carried away. 
    Don’t know about JCH but we’ve definitely held talks with Dack and May. 
    I hope you’re right but where’s the Dack source come from?  
  • Dack has had serious knee injuries.  His missus is an Essex girl and so moving South and a higher pay as you play could lure him.

I doubt many Championship Clubs would take a chance on his injury record and he wasn't brilliant for Blackburn but I would hazard a guess he'd still be decent in League One!
  • Yeah I’m getting Geography as the only link between us and Dack.  
  • Everyone seems to think we're minted
    Yeah because we're in the process of a takeover

So until the reality becomes clear, we'll be linked with anyone, and everyone.
  • Everyone seems to think we're minted

• I’m starting to feel very positive about this transfer window but right at the very very back of my mind I have an idea that as usual we’ll all be very disappointed.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Fwiw - speaking with a player last night who played in league 1 last season, his opinion is that Charlton will finish in the top 6 next season 
    Based on what?
  • Sponsored links:

• LTKapal said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    LTKapal said:
    For what it’s worth I know we’re putting the feelers out for a striker, we did enquire about the availability of Dion Charles a while ago 

Charles would be one hell of a move but I would guess Bolton would be wanting £1.5m at least. 
    Quoted high price and Dion wants to stay north ( this Info comes from Dion end) 

Fair enough, always rated Charles and Colby Bishop. 
  • sam3110 said:
    THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS PAY AS YOU PLAY
    Nothing to stop a player being offered those terms. That’s not to say they’d accept but shouting THERES NO SUCH THING is I’m afraid wrong.
    How many professional footballers in this country and beyond are currently on a PAYP contract then? 20%? 10%? 

It's constantly bandied about like it's a regular thing, but in reality it's incredibly rare that a player is signed on those terms. Indeed if you Google the term the last mainstream news about a player offered those terms is about Owen Hargreaves in 2011!
  • PAYP is something that could work to get yourself in the shop window, if unable to secure a perm contract initially...
  • I would think lower contract higher appearance/bonus/insentive pay is quite common with injury prone players,if its not it should be
  • DOUCHER said:
    Fwiw - speaking with a player last night who played in league 1 last season, his opinion is that Charlton will finish in the top 6 next season 
    Based on what?
    Just his opinion so nothing to get excited about 
  • mart77 said:
    Is there genuine info suggesting we’re in for players of the calibre and cost of Clarke-Harris, Dack etc?  Feel like we’re getting a bit carried away. 
    Don’t know about JCH but we’ve definitely held talks with Dack and May. 
    I hope you’re right but where’s the Dack source come from?  
    From someone who works in the club. I post very little about stuff like this. Same bod also told me we’ve had interest in some of ours with CBT drawing interest from Wrexham. 

Fwiw I’d be shocked if we got May let alone Dack or the biggest stretch of all JCH. Like others I’d heard Dack had no love for us but I guess so much has changed since he left that he may fancy coming back south but equally all these players will be playing teams off against each other for the best deal for themselves. I also have a niggling feeling that not all of Dobbo, Miles and CBT will be here come the start of the season as much as I hope they are. 
  • edited June 2023
    sam3110 said:
    THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS PAY AS YOU PLAY
    Nothing to stop a player being offered those terms. That’s not to say they’d accept but shouting THERES NO SUCH THING is I’m afraid wrong.
    He's exaggerating but it's pretty close to the truth. It's the type of deal that's mentioned frequently on here and yet we only seem to have signed one player on those terms in the past 2-3 decades. 
  • LTKapal said:
    Dion Charles feels quite random, seeing that he plays for a club at a similar level to us if not larger than us at the moment. Especially as his entire career has been up north, indeed nearly all in the northwest.

The likes of May and Stockton play at small clubs, therefore them moving to a larger club feels quite natural.