Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• I heard that Huddersfield were interested in the O’s keeper
  • sam3110 said:
    THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS PAY AS YOU PLAY
    Nothing to stop a player being offered those terms. That’s not to say they’d accept but shouting THERES NO SUCH THING is I’m afraid wrong.
    There is, IIRC, a minimum wage level agreed between the PFA and EFL

Wages can be structured for a lower monthly amount plus bigger appearance fees but that carries the risk of a player being more expensive if they remain fit, which you would want, and so play every week than if you had just paid them a higher base salary.

It's also not very attractive to a senior pro and likely to be bettered by other clubs.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Fwiw - speaking with a player last night who played in league 1 last season, his opinion is that Charlton will finish in the top 6 next season 
    Based on what?
    Just his opinion so nothing to get excited about 
    Are you Doucher’s spokesperson?;)
  • Haha to those that liked us being after Clarke-Harris!
  • Rich pissing on everyone’s chips today then!
    Rich pissing on everyone’s chips today then!
    By far better Rich does this than we get carried away with ourselves.

Keep up the good work Richard Cawley and thanks.
  • edited June 2023
    This is why I dislike Rumours threads so much, in the last couple of pages Rich has put paid to May and Vigouroux, even though they have either signed or had bids accepted elsewhere.
    So if and when/until it is on the OS, what is the point in this speculation, other than a means to waste a bit of time...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• Rich pissing on everyone’s chips today then!
    When doesn’t he? 
  • Also RC makes it very clear the new owners cannot fund any transfers until the takeover is completed. 
  • I mean it was pretty obvious we wouldn't be. Why would TS spend money on transfers when the new owners could indeed fail the OADT then he is left with funding it all. Doesn't sound very project break even to me. 
  • Also RC makes it very clear the new owners cannot fund any transfers until the takeover is completed. 
    That was a given anyway though wasn't it...
  • I mean it was pretty obvious we wouldn't be. Why would TS spend money on transfers when the new owners could indeed fail the OADT then he is left with funding it all. Doesn't sound very project break even to me. 
     But Storrie said the budget had been agreed no matter what.
    Yeah right. And to think some were singing his praises earlier this week.
    I think I'd hold fire with the plaudits if I were you. He's as wonky as the rest of 'em
  • This is why I dislike Rumours threads so much, in the last couple of pages Rich has put paid to May and Vigouroux, even though they have either signed or had bids accepted elsewhere.
    So if and when/until it is on the OS, what is the point in this speculation, other than a means to waste a bit of time...🙄
    Your beginning to sound like me;)
  • edited June 2023
    I mean it was pretty obvious we wouldn't be. Why would TS spend money on transfers when the new owners could indeed fail the OADT then he is left with funding it all. Doesn't sound very project break even to me. 
     But Storrie said the budget had been agreed no matter what.
    Yeah right. And to think some were singing his praises earlier this week.
    I think I'd hold fire with the plaudits if I were you. He's as wonky as the rest of 'em
    Exactly that, more of a case of Storrie saying what we want to hear, why would he care he knows he is out the job IF the sale does go through, then if it does fail he can simply blame the takeover situation. I fully expect to see frees and loans come through if any.  
    Well everyone on here thinks we’re suddenly rich now..
    Well everyone on here thinks we’re suddenly rich now..
    The potential new owners are very rich. Surely we have to hit the jackpot at some point.
  • Sponsored links:

• It might be a fine distinction to make, but I don't want a squad fit to challenge by the end of the transfer window, but by the start of the season.
  • People seem to be missing the bit where TS has already sold the club for circa £12m. If there is money in the coffers it can be spent as far as he’s concerned, he’s not funding it out of his pocket. 
  • TeeC said:
    People seem to be missing the bit where TS has already sold the club for circa £12m. If there is money in the coffers it can be spent as far as he’s concerned, he’s not funding it out of his pocket. 
    Sandgaard is still the owner until the deal is complete. It's possible he doesn't care about how money is left in the bank given he shouldn't own the club for much longer, but what if the deal fell through? If he drains the balance and it goes tits up then he is the one that has to put in extra money. In all likelihood, he will have a deposit from the buyers that will cover a sale that falls through and/or he has the option of selling someone from Leaburn but I'm sure it's wide of the market to suggest he can spend whatever he likes because he's not funding it from his pocket. 
  • seth plum said:
    It might be a fine distinction to make, but I don't want a squad fit to challenge by the end of the transfer window, but by the start of the season.
    Naturally, but it very rarely happens. 
  • edited June 2023
    Valley11 said:
    swordfish said:
    The window opens this week during which, by it's close, we will hopefully have a squad equipped to challenge. All second guessing is just noise in the meantime. Let the facts tell the story as it unfolds.
    You have read the title of this thread?
    Yes, but rumours about linked players rather than thoughts over how ownership concerns influence it!

I agree with SP that squad needs to be ready by the start of season, although late was the hour when Bowyer's promotion squad was assembled IIRC. Far from ideal but happens more often than not. 
  • Charlton Athletic have agreed a fee with fellow League One side Cheltenham Town for striker Alfie May, as revealed by journalist Jon Palmer. 

The striker has been attracting the interest of several League One and Two sides over the last few weeks, but it has now been revealed that Charlton have made the first significant move to sign the striker

• Charlton Athletic have agreed a fee with fellow League One side Cheltenham Town for striker Alfie May, as revealed by journalist Jon Palmer. 

The striker has been attracting the interest of several League One and Two sides over the last few weeks, but it has now been revealed that Charlton have made the first significant move to sign the striker

Minted!!!!!!