Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Wasn't Sam Wood center back in loan at Plymouth from Palace linked on here once?

Well he has signed for Bromley.
    Nah in the typical Charlton fashion of ex-players in League 2 it was Richard Wood.
  • I’m still convinced Dack is a little out of our league wages wise.  

But, him and his Mrs are both south easterners, newly married, do they wanna settle down and bring the kids up in familiar surroundings, grandparents within close distance?  

Millwall a possibility but their POTY plays as a ten so he wouldn’t be a guaranteed a game.  Gillingham a step too low.  Ipswich maybe?
  • edited June 2023
    Dack is not coming to Charlton.

Wages - way out of our league
    Past History With Us - not forgiven or forgotten
    Suitors - plenty of Championship interest
  • Just think his best days have gone by, don't think with the injuries he has had would make it worth the risk for us 
  • I like May, but less impressed by Dack.

Maybe the policy next season is to try more of our young players as first reserves for an ‘established’ first teamer. Tyreece for CBT being a good example.

One area that needs attention is moving on players such as Kirk, DJ and a couple of others.

Clearly we need a couple of central defenders to supplement Ness, Elewere and Mitchell.
  • Yep Dack would be a punt, we don't have a good record of signing players who have been injured recently, and career is on the way down. 
  • Not entirely convinced Dack is that desperate to move back south. Him and his mrs live in Cheshire so it's not as if they're struggling in life.

He'll likely sign for whoever offers him the highest wages (and fair play to him). If that happens to be us then so be it, but i'm not convinced he's crying out for a move 'home'.
  • I love this thread.

Will we sign Dack or not? For some he is a vital ingredient to our promotion push. For others he is the new Marcus Maddison.
  • Sponsored links:

• nagAddick said:
    It’s an interesting one really. Sounds as if Wollacott must be off. Seems like Vigouroux is a good keeper from what the Orient fans have said about him on their site. Also would be interesting to see whether it’s him or amb who’s number 1.
    Heard Vigs is where he is because of off field incidents/attitude. Hopefully a Dean Holden arm around d the shoulder can sort him out.
  • RedRobin said:
    So we’ve got Vigeroux, May, Flint, Dack and James-Wildin as names being linked. 
    Wildin appears a downgrade on Sean Clare
  • Yeah I’m getting Geography as the only link between us and Dack.  
    And he has Charlton History  - apologies for changing the subject!
  • Sage said:
    Just wanna put it out there, if we were to sign Dack, he’d likely be the best player in the league.

People will say about his injuries and sure he’s had them, but he played over 30 games for Blackburn last season.

In this league, behind the main striker or behind the front two, he’d very likely be a fantastic player.

Question should not be about his ability or injuries, it should be is he out of our reach?
    With the greatest of respect, the same noises were being made about Harry Arter dropping down to L1. We also thought Famewo was the best CB in L1, and Innis.
  • swordfish said:
    The window opens this week during which, by it's close, we will hopefully have a squad equipped to challenge. All second guessing is just noise in the meantime. Let the facts tell the story as it unfolds.
    I agree to a point.

To my mind there is no point have a pre-season training camp abroad I'd you dont bring in your new players until August. Part of a pre-season is to get players used to each other & the system of play. 

I always remember the 4-0 drubbing we handed out to Man City first game of the season. City kicked off I believe & the commentator made a comment that the 2 strikers were shaking hands as if to introduce themselves to one another as they had only just be signed. 

If we dont have 4 or 5 new players in by early July the new season wont go well. 
    Who's paying for the camp?
  • Ferryman said:
    RedRobin said:
    So we’ve got Vigeroux, May, Flint, Dack and James-Wildin as names being linked. 
    Wildin appears a downgrade on Sean Clare
    Don’t think we got the keeper from Orient he off to Burnley 
  • I thought Holden is going to arrange some kind of season preparing event with the military in Woolwich.
  • I could only see Burnley being interested in Vigouroux as a homegrown quota filler playing third choice, much like Carson does at Man City.

At that point, it’ll be a decision for him between riding the bench for the next three or four years on five figures per week or getting regular football but on less money.
  • from bbc football gossip page today:

"Burnley have offered 15m euros (£12.8m) for Anderlecht's Dutch goalkeeper Bart Verbruggen, 20. (Nieuws Blad - in Dutch)"

• Sponsored links:

• I could only see Burnley being interested in Vigouroux as a homegrown quota filler playing third choice, much like Carson does at Man City.

At that point, it’ll be a decision for him between riding the bench for the next three or four years on five figures per week or getting regular football but on less money.
    He’d be silly not to take the money, as a GK he has plenty of time left to play L1/L2 football later in his career but this could be his only chance to get a few years on good money 

• NabySarr said:
    I could only see Burnley being interested in Vigouroux as a homegrown quota filler playing third choice, much like Carson does at Man City.

He’d be silly not to take the money, as a GK he has plenty of time left to play L1/L2 football later in his career but this could be his only chance to get a few years on good money 

I don't honestly know why people are so begrudging of players taking the money, whether it's by "sitting in the bench" or showing a "lack of ambition" by dropping a level, or two, for more money.

I suspect its because most of us would play league football for free given half the chance when most players look at it as a job. 
  • Scott Carson just got his second Champions League medal sitting on the bench. I'm pretty sure he's ok with his life choices.
  • Scott Carson just got his second Champions League medal sitting on the bench. I'm pretty sure he's ok with his life choices.
    The £1.5 million a year probably helps as well.
  • seth plum said:
    I thought Holden is going to arrange some kind of season preparing event with the military in Woolwich.
    I think people would pay good money, to see half of our lot fired out of a cannon!
  • Goalkeeper's careers are fascinating.

Particularly how Premier League clubs now virtually stockpile them. Even Charlton had three international goalies at the same time the year before we got relegated.

More recently David Button , Rob Elliot and Ben Hamer have all virtually been career number twos (and in some cases third choices) and had many loans rather than being first choice somewhere. I guess Vigerouw wants to take a possible chance now rather than play in L1 for a lot less money.

If we are looking for another keeper who is out there realistically?
  • Richard J said:
    Goalkeeper's careers are fascinating.

Particularly how Premier League clubs now virtually stockpile them. Even Charlton had three international goalies at the same time the year before we got relegated.

More recently David Button , Rob Elliot and Ben Hamer have all virtually been career number twos (and in some cases third choices) and had many loans rather than being first choice somewhere. I guess Vigerouw wants to take a possible chance now rather than play in L1 for a lot less money.

Would you take Phillips back?
    Been released by Cardiff. 
    Vigeroux looks like it’s already dead in the water. We have two adequate GK’s both under contract. Paying more wages than either of our current two for Phillips seems daft. I don’t think Dillon is a massive upgrade. 
  • edited June 2023
    Is there any actual evidence that Vigeroux was ever an option other than an Orient fan saying he heard we were intrested? 
  • Richard J said:
    Goalkeeper's careers are fascinating.

Would you take Phillips back?
    Been released by Cardiff. 
    Vigeroux looks like it’s already dead in the water. We have two adequate GK’s both under contract. Paying more wages than either of our current two for Phillips seems daft. I don’t think Dillon is a massive upgrade. 
    I was replying to Richard J who asked who was realistically out there. I am quite happy with the two we've got but it is being rumoured that Wollacott may move on.