Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Is there any actual evidence that Vigeroux was ever an option other than an Orient fan saying he heard we were intrested? 
    In fairness the Orient fan went a bit further and said he’d agreed to join us. Reaction from others on there suggested he was a reliable source. 
  • Dack is not coming to Charlton.

Wages - way out of our league
    Past History With Us - not forgiven or forgotten
    Suitors - plenty of Championship interest

Just put a tenner on him to sign.
  • I can understand a keeper well in his 30s taking the well paid backup role, but surely you want to play when in your peak. Yes the money is good, but when you look back at you career, surely you'll regret not doing more of what you dreamed as a boy of doing, which is playing professional football.

Carson had played 520 games before joining City, so has had a decent playing career already, whereas since leaving Charlton in 2011, Rob Eliot has played 69 games in 12 years

• edited June 2023
    See the thread is living up to expectations...lots of presumptions but very little substance...WIOTOS
  • I have a feeling we’ll hear something on Wednesday. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Is there any actual evidence that Vigeroux was ever an option other than an Orient fan saying he heard we were intrested? 
    Wrong thread. This is the rumours one. If you want one that deals with facts then, erm....you best start one up 😂.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Wrong thread. This is the rumours one. If you want one that deals with facts then, erm....you best start one up 😂.
    If you want to read much about facts and stuff that exists or happens you'd better inaugurate a whole new forum
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    In fairness the Orient fan went a bit further and said he’d agreed to join us. Reaction from others on there suggested he was a reliable source. 
    With Charltons contacts at Orient ,sure we would of heard word by now from one of them.

So no he is not heading our way.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Done!
  • So what number do we think Mbappe will wear?
    He said he’ll only sign if Dack signs 
  • seth plum said:
    I thought Holden is going to arrange some kind of season preparing event with the military in Woolwich.
    I hope he doesn't gabble "ready, aim, fire!" with no finesse. Still, if it gets the job done..... 😉
    How tall is he? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    With Charltons contacts at Orient ,sure we would of heard word by now from one of them.

So no he is not heading our way.
    I think it’s fairly evident now the Orient fan got it wrong. Or it was right and something, like a better offer, changed his mind. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    May has a medical scheduled this week

Good news. Any others you are aware of?

I wonder if we are looking at Seán Roughan, 19yr old Left/centre back at Lincoln. Played +30 games last season, highly rated and out of contract. I suspect he will go higher up the leagues though.

Another full back I would imagine we know about would be Junior Tchamadeu who was at Charlton as a kid but is now at Colchester and got in L2 team of the year.  Again I suspect he may have better offers and maybe isn't fond of us if we released him.
  • If Holden wants to play 4-3-3 we are gonna need to sign like 2 or 3 wingers especially if DJ and Kirk go. They will need to be high quality as well. Then on the other hand, if Holden wants to play 3-5-2 we will have to sign a few quality wing backs as they are usually the key part of that system. I do think that Leaburn and May would be a good partnership upfront and would compliment each other well and even Chuks and May when chuks comes on. Will probably need another 2 strikers if we are to play a 2 up top formation.
  • seth plum said:
    I thought Holden is going to arrange some kind of season preparing event with the military in Woolwich.
    Firing squad for the unwanted players?
  • nagAddick said:
    If Holden wants to play 4-3-3 we are gonna need to sign like 2 or 3 wingers especially if DJ and Kirk go. They will need to be high quality as well. Then on the other hand, if Holden wants to play 3-5-2 we will have to sign a few quality wing backs as they are usually the key part of that system. I do think that Leaburn and May would be a good partnership upfront and would compliment each other well and even Chuks and May when chuks comes on. Will probably need another 2 strikers if we are to play a 2 up top formation.

Holden has previous with preferring 3-5-2 generally but it will be interesting to see how he decides to move forward with us next season.

What kind of role would CBT have in Holden's 3-5-2? Is he a wing back per Jacko's system? Or could he be converted into a striker who plays in the channels a la Lyle Taylor?
  • May has a medical scheduled this week
    If £200k is the fee (as mentioned a few pages back), then thats a decent deal in my opinion

I was expecting him to cost about £500k

Just hope we get the Cheltenham version, rather than the Doncaster one
  • May has a medical scheduled this week
    Take it we can’t officially sign him till the takeover is done?