Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• MarcusH26 said:

This would surprise me. Feels like from all the comments from City that they're moving on from Ortega and Steffen and that Trafford is seen as the next big thing there. 
    Steffen is going but they've apparently offered Ortega a new deal.

In any case Ederson is only 29 so i doubt he's going anywhere yet, so it makes sense for City to sell Trafford, quite likely put a buy back clause in the deal and then see how he gets on. They did the same with Bazunu at Southampton. 
  • MarcusH26 said:

This would surprise me. Feels like from all the comments from City that they're moving on from Ortega and Steffen and that Trafford is seen as the next big thing there. 
    Steffen is going but they've apparently offered Ortega a new deal.

In any case Ederson is only 29 so i doubt he's going anywhere yet, so it makes sense for City to sell Trafford, quite likely put a buy back clause in the deal and then see how he gets on. They did the same with Bazunu at Southampton. 

I hadn't seen they were actually keeping Ortega around so that changes things! As you rightly say a similarly structured deal to the one they did with Southampton for Bazunu could be the way to go if they don't just go for a straightforward loan. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Early days but despite the takeover enthusiasm I can’t help feeling we’ll be doing the usual. Dither, sign people on the C list, a couple of loans, then a couple of injury-prone frees after the season has started, and won’t fill positons we need.

Or maybe the last few years has made me a cynic. 
     Don't disagree. And if you're as cynical as me you'll think the whole situation has been engineered that way.
  • Macronate said:
    Heard Luke Amos to us after he was released by QPR.

Source was drunk by the side of a swimming pool in Crete.
    was it Luke
    It was Dean Holden
  • Someone told me that May may have signed in May.
    May didn’t sign in May it’s thought he may or may not sign soon.

Something is telling me that you may be ma(y)king it up as you go along.
  • You May be right there SoundAs...
  • Someone told me that May may have signed in May.
    May didn’t sign in May it’s thought he may or may not sign soon.
    M'aidez m'aidez...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    sam3110 said:
    Question you have to ask is will he be the next Sorba Thomas, or will he be another Stuart Fleetwood?

Not sure how far we were short of the asking price but bad call not to pay the price asked as Thomas has been Championship quality and we had first refusal from Boreham wood.
  • Lincoln City have agreed a deal to sign Portsmouth winger Reeco Hackett-Fairchild. 
    Don’t tell Henry Irving that.
  • Sage said:
    Anthony Scully, anyone?

Apparently missed out on him to Wigan last summer, and then hardly played for them all season.

With their financial issues, he may be free to leave or for a small fee.

Scored double figures each time he’s played in League One. He’s a southerner too so that may help.

We need more goals across the team to replace what we have lost from Rak-Sakyi.

Think he’d be a good addition.
    I think he’d be a great signing. But it probably depends on what Holden is planning tactically. He’d be great if we keep the 4-3-3 but does Scully fit a 3-5-2? 
  • NabySarr said:
    Sage said:
    Anthony Scully, anyone?

Apparently missed out on him to Wigan last summer, and then hardly played for them all season.

Scored double figures each time he’s played in League One. He’s a southerner too so that may help.

I think he’d be a great signing. But it probably depends on what Holden is planning tactically. He’d be great if we keep the 4-3-3 but does Scully fit a 3-5-2? 
    It’s good to have flexibility and adaptability and with CBT and Campbell, it’ll be a waste constantly playing 3-5-2. I think we could see a mixture of the two systems this coming season.
  • Sage said:
    Anthony Scully, anyone?

Aren't you normally hiding in the bushes or hanging around the back of the bins earwigging for little snippets of information from SL?

If anyone knew if May had been in the building my money would've been on you?
    Anything to tell us?
  • Anthony Scully plays left-wing, we already have players in that position, albeit one of them, Charlie Kirk is likely to be on his way out. Is he better than CBT or TC? 
  • FSLN1 said:
    Anthony Scully plays left-wing, we already have players in that position, albeit one of them, Charlie Kirk is likely to be on his way out. Is he better than CBT or TC? 
    Definitely better than TC, at least for now. Probably similar level to CBT but the fact he doesn’t get injured loads probably puts him above him too. CBT and TC are both better on the left but have also both played well on the right before. So if we are playing with wingers then Scully would be a great option 
  • edited June 2023
    So, three hours to go and counting...🤔
  • So, three hours to go and counting...🤔
    3 hours till what? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Anthony Scully, anyone?

Aren't you normally hiding in the bushes or hanging around the back of the bins earwigging for little snippets of information from SL?

If anyone knew if May had been in the building my money would've been on you?
    Anything to tell us?
    Nope, won’t be finding me around SL much anymore, sadly.
  • Sage said:
    NabySarr said:
    Sage said:
    Anthony Scully, anyone?

It’s good to have flexibility and adaptability and with CBT and Campbell, it’ll be a waste constantly playing 3-5-2. I think we could see a mixture of the two systems this coming season.
    Completely agree but if we are going to mix it up between the 2, how many wingers will we seriously need? You'll want about 4 if you're playing 433 a lot, but 2 would probably be enough (plus someone like Payne who could play there) if you're not playing it week in week out. 
  • Sage said:
    Anthony Scully, anyone?

That is a great shout, would be a great addition to the squad 
  • edited June 2023
    thenewbie said:
    So, three hours to go and counting...🤔
    3 hours till what? 
    C'mon now 14th June...Window Day...😊
  • Sage said:
    NabySarr said:
    Sage said:
    Anthony Scully, anyone?

Completely agree but if we are going to mix it up between the 2, how many wingers will we seriously need? You'll want about 4 if you're playing 433 a lot, but 2 would probably be enough (plus someone like Payne who could play there) if you're not playing it week in week out. 
    I think either way you want at least 3.

Holden has said Payne isn’t a winger but can play there if needed.

Kirk and DJ are very likely moving on, so you need at least one more. That’s also accounting for all being fit at the same time.

I think signing Scully would be enough alongside CBT and Campbell.

You don’t want to block the development of players like Rylah trying to push on either - all the more reason why Kirk and DJ will be offski.
  • edited June 2023
    Scully sounds decent on paper, don't really know enough about him.   Maybe he is fed up at Wigan and wants to head back South.

I just can't help but have a sneaky suspicion that Wigan get bought by that Billionaire local lad who owns Wigan Warriors; and very quickly go into a mini spending spree again.  They are not currently I admin so don't have to shift.players for peanuts yet.
  • Scully would be a fantastic addition, think he can also play down the middle too. And someone we've tried to sign before but would probably need DJ out the door first. 
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    NabySarr said:
    Sage said:
    Anthony Scully, anyone?

I think either way you want at least 3.

Holden has said Payne isn’t a winger but can play there if needed.

Kirk and DJ are very likely moving on, so you need at least one more. That’s also accounting for all being fit at the same time.

I think signing Scully would be enough alongside CBT and Campbell.

You don’t want to block the development of players like Rylah trying to push on either - all the more reason why Kirk and DJ will be offski.
    Agree on the outgoings but 3 is still a bit overkill IMO with Payne and someone like Rylah adding further depth. Having said that, I’d prefer to sign someone like Scully and loan Campbell out. 
  • I suspect that any incoming will be in positions we are deficient in. Until we move on Kirk and probably a couple more quite a few of our targets will have to wait.