Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Apparently he's now thinking Wrexham might be a better option after seeing the 'hotel' Gillingham have put him in.
    FFS who uses a caravan to ram raid?
    Gillingham fans  ;)
  • Expecting one in by end of the week ? Fingers crossed 
    is it possible you could tell us who or where from ?
    his brain
  • Scoham said:
    Interesting, though I expect others in our league will make use of it before we do.
    We'd have to scout players that don't play at The Valley for this to matter.
  • Scoham said:
    Interesting, though I expect others in our league will make use of it before we do.
    Super!  Now we can sign ex players playing abroad, but only if they are prone to injury of course!
  • Scoham said:
    Super!  Now we can sign ex players playing abroad, but only if they are prone to injury of course!
    Return of Igor you mean? 
  • JRS looks to be signing on loan at Ipswich 
  • Gillingham, GILLINGHAM - So good, they named it twice
    Actually snorted out loud at this.  As I have covid that wasn't a pretty sight.
    Get well soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Rich nicely summing up why I'm sceptical that we'll be seeing a window wildly different to those of the past couple of years. 

But I would if the new owners signed a clause promising to reimburse me if the house purchase fell through.
    who would sign that though
    New owners who won't want to wait until July/August when the takeover is agreed by the EFL to start bringing in players, as it'll be too late for many of our targets.

Clearly there has to be correspondence between the 2 parties about who we bring in. For example if Holden tells both TS and the Methven group he wants Alfie May, and both groups are happy with the fee and proposed wages, there's no reason to wait until the takeover is complete, as long as TS is in some ways indemnified. 

And even if the takeover collapsed, we'll still have to have some players. Even if we kept to the 22/23 budget, that would cover a few new signings.
  • Scoham said:
    Return of Igor you mean? 
    Too late he's signed on at the Belgian arm of City Football Group
  • A Belgian and two Moroccans incoming.
  • edited June 2023
    A Belgian and two Moroccans incoming.
    Spotted the Belgian at The Valley.....😉

• Cafc43v3r said:
    MrBurns said:
    We won't sign anyone until the takeover is completed. 
    We won't get promoted then. It's in no one's interest for that to happen.

When I say early I mean before the flight to Málaga.
    This.

Should be planning on having 3 or 4 new players in before they fly off for a weeks "training camp". No point otherwise.
  • Sambcafc said:
    Expecting one in by end of the week ? Fingers crossed 

Is this based on something you know or just hoping?
    Or is he asking a question? I can't tell.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Didn’t really expect any ? players and agents are on holiday things don’t start moving till they return to training .. 
    Players yes of course but surely an agent can go on holiday any time once the January window closes and then again on 1 September.

This time of year is exactly when i'd expect them to not be on holiday. 
    Exactly this. It's like getting a Christmas job in boots and then booking 2 weeks off.

if an agent is away, why can't he make a phone call to get the deal over the line. The sooner the deal is complete, the sooner mr agent gets paid
    No way are agents on holiday. Those feckers won't be sleeping for the next 3 months, in order to get their pounds of flesh.
  • Sambcafc said:
    Expecting one in by end of the week ? Fingers crossed 

Is this based on something you know or just hoping?
    He never ‘knows’ anything…..it’s just a wind-up.🤥🤥🤥
    Is it the player in question has a medical on Friday afternoon whether it will be completed to announce the deal on the same day ?
    Also hoping to find out Palace released list this week which could result in a second signing early next week ?
    Are you asking a questions here? Because your sentences aren't making much sense.
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    Rich nicely summing up why I'm sceptical that we'll be seeing a window wildly different to those of the past couple of years. 

But I would if the new owners signed a clause promising to reimburse me if the house purchase fell through.
    who would sign that though
    New owners who won't want to wait until July/August when the takeover is agreed by the EFL to start bringing in players, as it'll be too late for many of our targets.

Clearly there has to be correspondence between the 2 parties about who we bring in. For example if Holden tells both TS and the Methven group he wants Alfie May, and both groups are happy with the fee and proposed wages, there's no reason to wait until the takeover is complete, as long as TS is in some ways indemnified. 

And even if the takeover collapsed, we'll still have to have some players. Even if we kept to the 22/23 budget, that would cover a few new signings.
    I don't disagree, but that's entirely different from the common belief on here that the new lot will be splashing the cash (through TS) this summer.

• Sponsored links:

• As we stand we look something like this (assuming a 352):

Starting Eleven:

Maynard Brewer
    Egbo Lavelle Ness
    CBT Fraser Dobson Mitchell Payne
    Leaburn Campbell

Subs:

Wollacott
    Elewere
    Chinn
    Henry
    McGrandles
    Aneke
    Kanu

Left out:

Kirk
    Jayesemi
    ...and a decent group of newly signed on young players.

• edited June 2023

Div in?
    Div out?

id take that 
  • edited June 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrBurns said:
    We won't sign anyone until the takeover is completed. 
    We won't get promoted then. It's in no one's interest for that to happen.

When I say early I mean before the flight to Málaga.
    This.

Should be planning on having 3 or 4 new players in before they fly off for a weeks "training camp". No point otherwise.
    I can absolutely see the point - we have been harping on for ages about the players we actually HAVE having no affinity with each other and under performing - and not caring about us as a team (for various reasons) - there's a reason we haven't "done a golfie" for how many years? Just for an example - if Dean and the team can get them all together and singing off the same hymn sheet then the 4 or 5 others that come in will be coming into an environment and culture (there's that word again) that they can easily buy into.

The issue has been the culture - quoted by multiple of our previous managers - I very much buy into the "no dick head" rule that Holden wants to promote -  it's nice to see a manager actually attempting to tackle it instead of just moaning about it like there is nothing they could actually DO...

edit I can entirely see the thought process when Holden and co came in - remove the bad influences - that was January -and then work on what we have left and take them away to re-build the team ethic and culture the management team and fans require. Any new comers no matter how many will then come into a TEAM rather than what has been happening the last few years where there's a revolving door of people coming in and seeing how the land lies and behaviours and assuming it is acceptable.

• seth plum said:
    As we stand we look something like this (assuming a 352):

Starting Eleven:

Maynard Brewer
    Egbo Lavelle Ness
    Leaburn Campbell

Subs:

Wollacott
    Elewere
    Chinn
    Henry
    McGrandles
    Aneke
    Kanu

Left out:

Kirk
    Jayesemi

I'll alert the media. No doubt thousands will start jumping off Beachy Head.
  • From what DH has already said I do not think we will be spending money on transfers. The reason we are probably not signing anyone before the 1st of July is because we are waiting for their previous contracts to expire.

• edited June 2023
    Apparently he's now thinking Wrexham might be a better option after seeing the 'hotel' Gillingham have put him in.
    FFS who uses a caravan to ram raid?
    Entrance to the Gillingham away end has deuteriated since they’ve been in league two
  • edited June 2023
    seth plum said:

Starting Eleven:

Maynard Brewer
    Egbo Lavelle Ness
    Leaburn Campbell

Subs:

Wollacott
    Elewere
    Chinn
    Henry
    McGrandles
    Aneke
    Kanu

Left out:

Kirk
    Jayesemi

I'm glad you are not the manager. A 17 year old Centre back in midfield ahead of an experienced l1 midfielder. 

If that is the group of players going into the first game of the season (which I doubt), I don't think we will be playing a formation where 5 of the starting 11 are out of position
  • seth plum said:

Starting Eleven:

Maynard Brewer
    Egbo Lavelle Ness
    Leaburn Campbell

Subs:

Wollacott
    Elewere
    Chinn
    Henry
    McGrandles
    Aneke
    Kanu

Left out:

Kirk
    Jayesemi

I'm glad you are not the manager. A 17 year old Centre back in midfield ahead of an experienced l1 midfielder. 

If that is the group of players going into the first game of the season (which I doubt), I don't think we will be playing a formation where 5 of the starting 11 are out of position
    I am glad I am not the manager. 
    I take your point regarding Mitchell/McGrandles, and no doubt other points of view are available.
    I posted that team as an outline of where we stand right now.
    I expect adjustments will be made, but that is the starting point as of today and one can only hope that any incoming is an improvement and my team can be adjusted.
    The alarming scenario is who we might lose from that team. Can you imagine taking Dobson and Leaburn out of that line up?
  • From what DH has already said I do not think we will be spending money on transfers. The reason we are probably not signing anyone before the 1st of July is because we are waiting for their previous contracts to expire.

Alfie May going to cost money ?

Alfie May going to cost money ?
    He might do ?