Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited June 2023
    Sambcafc said:
    Expecting one in by end of the week ? Fingers crossed 

Is this based on something you know or just hoping?
    DReams...🤔🙄😉
  • edited June 2023
    So the plan is that if we sign someone by the end of the week you’ll for ever be know as The Oracle?
  • Sambcafc said:

He never ‘knows’ anything…..it’s just a wind-up.🤥🤥🤥
    Is it a question or a statement?
  • edited June 2023
    The detail is in the terms - I love my house, but it had a ton of damp in the walls prior to purchasing it

I upped the price to their asking amount, on the promise that they dealt with the damp, prior to the sale... Which they agreed to
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    Croydon said:
    Rich nicely summing up why I'm sceptical that we'll be seeing a window wildly different to those of the past couple of years. 

But I would if the new owners signed a clause promising to reimburse me if the house purchase fell through.
    who would sign that though
  • edited June 2023
    Here's to the Transfer Window
    Same as the old Transfer Window...

Don't scan but I can picture Rog and the lads kerranging that baby out!
  • Croydon said:
    Rich nicely summing up why I'm sceptical that we'll be seeing a window wildly different to those of the past couple of years. 

If it was a verbal agreement then no.

if it was a contractual agreement then yes
  • MrBurns said:
    We won't sign anyone until the takeover is completed. 
    Source?
  • edited June 2023
    Croydon said:

But I would if the new owners signed a clause promising to reimburse me if the house purchase fell through.
    Do I remember rightly that RC does not have the same contacts at the club meaning he is speculating a lot more nowadays?
  • Croydon said:

Is the buyer Mr Patel?
  • edited June 2023
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

who would sign that though
    The same bunch of wallies who want to spend 12m on a loss making league one club that doesn't own its own stadium might.........
  • Question - I was under the impression a lot of the time transfer fees were paid in installments rather than all in one go. So whilst it's still a financial commitment on the books for the club, it doesn't necessarily follow that TS would be having any major outlays in the lead up to the take over happening does it? Especially if a budget has been agreed by both parties?

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking?
  • Expecting one in by end of the week ? Fingers crossed 
    is it possible you could tell us who or where from ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    is it possible you could tell us who or where from ?
    His source is probably ITTV.

Reams saying Alfie May should be wrapped up before the end of this week or early next……
  • edited June 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrBurns said:
    We won't sign anyone until the takeover is completed. 
    We won't get promoted then. It's in no one's interest for that to happen.

Agreed.
    Its in the seller and the buyer interest to dovetail ! I know we are talking about wacky Charlton Athletic but many mistakes made in summer windows over recent seasons.

We have to find 15 points more than last season just to be in the mix for play offs.

If you can get a player in early that is quality (by League 1 standards) that not only perks up the fans but gives a boost to the other players still here and more importantly for other player who wonder if there's any ambition at Cafc in 2023 ?

When I say early I mean before the flight to Málaga.
  • Sambcafc said:

He never ‘knows’ anything…..it’s just a wind-up.🤥🤥🤥
    Is it the player in question has a medical on Friday afternoon whether it will be completed to announce the deal on the same day ?
    Also hoping to find out Palace released list this week which could result in a second signing early next week ?
  • Bradford City paid for a hotel for Jonny Williams last night and were set to announce him as a new signing today. 😬

However the move is now OFF and he looks set to join Gillingham 😳
  • Gillingham, GILLINGHAM - So good, they named it twice
    Actually snorted out loud at this.  As I have covid that wasn't a pretty sight.
  • Maybe they bought him a caravan to sweeten the deal and help him fit in.