Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Let's face it, a keeper who is happy at being second choice ain't worth having, every player wants to play every game, it's called competition, I thought AMB had a good start when he took over last year, but did fade a bit towards the last half a dozen games or so, and its up to JoJo to show some fight and regain the number one shirt..which he is more than capable of doing...
    How do you know Jojo didn’t show fight and the reason he’s number two in Holdens eyes is purely because he rates AMB higher ?
    I don't, any more that you do, and AMB is Holden's first choice...🤷‍♂️
  • I see Steve Gallen favourite for Director of Football role at QPR

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he went and replaced Les. 
  • Phillips is out of contract. 
    He left for a reason.
    Possibly, but I see Mark Warburton has left West Ham and is also being linked with a move to Loftus Road.
  • edited June 2023
    Millwall have accepted a bid for Tyler Burey from a league one club.  I’d have him all day he’s very quick.  
  • Swisdom said:
    One way to look at it is to say is Ash better or worse than Popey was for us?  Both made mistakes and both made superb saves.  Neither are stellar for their kicking but, for me, that's not the primary function of a goalkeeper and is something that can be worked on.

Not saying Ash will be as good as Popey but also not saying he won't.  Within the club Ash has a VERY good reputation and i;m more inclined to trust the guys that have worked with him day in and day out for a number of years.

As for Jojo - he was decent enough but his handling is not the best and he doesn't appear to be the most dominant physically.  His potential ceiling is a lot lower than Ash and so Deano recognises it's probably better to keep Ash on the scene.

Good luck Jojo

Also worth remembering we have Ahmed Kone in the ranks.  Whilst he is a young gun he is shaping up to be pretty special so might be in contention for some minutes in the Pants Pizza Trophy if not this season then 24/25.  I genuinely believe he has a ton of potential to be one of the best
    AMB he was decent enough but his handling is not the best and he doesn't appear to be the most dominant physically.  Could also be applied 
  • Swisdom said:
    One way to look at it is to say is Ash better or worse than Popey was for us?  Both made mistakes and both made superb saves.  Neither are stellar for their kicking but, for me, that's not the primary function of a goalkeeper and is something that can be worked on.

Not saying Ash will be as good as Popey but also not saying he won't.  Within the club Ash has a VERY good reputation and i;m more inclined to trust the guys that have worked with him day in and day out for a number of years.

As for Jojo - he was decent enough but his handling is not the best and he doesn't appear to be the most dominant physically.  His potential ceiling is a lot lower than Ash and so Deano recognises it's probably better to keep Ash on the scene.

Good luck Jojo

Also worth remembering we have Ahmed Kone in the ranks.  Whilst he is a young gun he is shaping up to be pretty special so might be in contention for some minutes in the Pants Pizza Trophy if not this season then 24/25.  I genuinely believe he has a ton of potential to be one of the best
    AMB he was decent enough but his handling is not the best and he doesn't appear to be the most dominant physically.  Could also be applied 
    Ash needs to bulk up a bit that's all.  A little too wiry for my liking 
    as for handling Ash holds a lot more than Jojo did.  Jojo was always rushing to distribute so would take his eye off the ball and fumble a lot more basic shots.
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Good luck Jojo

Ash needs to bulk up a bit that's all.  A little too wiry for my liking 
    as for handling Ash holds a lot more than Jojo did.  Jojo was always rushing to distribute so would take his eye off the ball and fumble a lot more basic shots.
    I can only think of one terrible JW fumble, in rainy conditions against FGR after coming miles out for a cross
  • Sponsored links:

• Let's face it, a keeper who is happy at being second choice ain't worth having, every player wants to play every game, it's called competition, I thought AMB had a good start when he took over last year, but did fade a bit towards the last half a dozen games or so, and its up to JoJo to show some fight and regain the number one shirt..which he is more than capable of doing...
    Despite AMB fading at the end of the season and Charlton in midtable, Jojo wasn't given a chance, so it's entirely understandable that he might want to move on
  • Millwall have accepted a bid for Tyler Burey from a league one club.  I’d have him all day he’s very quick.  
    Don't forget.  We have no money.  Lol
  • cabbles said:
    I see Steve Gallen favourite for Director of Football role at QPR
    “QPR are pleased to get Jonathan Leko over the line 5 minutes before the summer 2023 transfer deadline on a season long loan from MK Dons.  Director of Football Steve Gallen had this to say” 

I first worked with Jonathan when I had the opportunity to sign him on loan from WBA during the 19/20 season when Charlton had been promoted to the Championship.  2 years later the same opportunity arose at the start of the 21/22 season and I jumped at the chance.  Jonathan had gotten progressively shitter in the interim and very much looked at home in a midfield that included the likes of Alec Gilbey.  I have no idea if he’s gotten even worse since May 22, but I like to work with what I know.  
    Hopefully his second signing will be Chucks
  • redbuttle said:
    Millwall have accepted a bid for Tyler Burey from a league one club.  I’d have him all day he’s very quick.  
    Don't forget.  We have no money.  Lol
    We do 
  • We aint signing nobody are we until this deal has gone through, I think all that about still having a decent budget and that is a load bs to try and help sell ST's 
  • CH4RLTON said:
    We aint signing nobody are we until this deal has gone through, I think all that about still having a decent budget and that is a load bs to try and help sell ST's 
    If we ain’t signing nobody i wonder who the first one through the door will be then?!?? 

IT’s Happening 🎉
  • CH4RLTON said:
    We aint signing nobody are we until this deal has gone through, I think all that about still having a decent budget and that is a load bs to try and help sell ST's 
    You say that as a matter of fact...
  • Sponsored links:

• Burey feels like a Pompey signing. They haven't got many options wide. 
  • SIGN SOME FUCKING STRIKERS!!!

Sorry to shout.
  • Millwall have accepted a bid for Tyler Burey from a league one club.  I’d have him all day he’s very quick.  
    You'd be playing with 10 men in most matches, even when he's not injured.

Never tracks back, never puts a tackle in, can't head the ball, terrible decision making and has close to zero positional sense.

He is quick, though, but due to the aforementioned lack of positional sense he rarely gets the chance to get fully in to his stride.

The reports I've read say a 'top' League One club has put the offer in, so that narrows it down to about 5/6 clubs.
    Sounds like he needs the drop down in league then, and at 22 I guess there’s time for development.  I saw a lot of what you mentioned in the replies to Cawley on Twitter but also a lot of “this will come back to haunt us”.  

Never tracks back, never puts a tackle in, can't head the ball, terrible decision making and has close to zero positional sense.

He is quick, though, but due to the aforementioned lack of positional sense he rarely gets the chance to get fully in to his stride.

The reports I've read say a 'top' League One club has put the offer in, so that narrows it down to about 5/6 clubs.
    Sounds like he needs the drop down in league then, and at 22 I guess there’s time for development.  I saw a lot of what you mentioned in the replies to Cawley on Twitter but also a lot of “this will come back to haunt us”.  
    Don't get me wrong, there's a player in there but unless he applies himself and is able to improve areas that he is bereft in, I can see him bouncing between leagues one & two for most of his career.

Will come down to if a team is prepared to carry a player on the off chance he produces something. Was only ever an impact sub for us if we were chasing a game. If he grows a pair of testicles and puts himself about a bit then things may work out differently for him.

There's still time, as you say.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Burey feels like a Pompey signing. They haven't got many options wide. 
    Yeah I thought Pompey, but also Peterborough as they’re losing a few and they always seem to sign youngsters with potential.  
  • edited June 2023
    wouldn’t have minded tyler burey here, has potential to be a really good player at this level. Just a shame we aren’t in a position to make any bids at the moment (unless millwall are kindly letting us have him on a free… ) 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Burey feels like a Pompey signing. They haven't got many options wide. 
    Yeah I thought Pompey, but also Peterborough as they’re losing a few and they always seem to sign youngsters with potential.  

Posh is a very good shout , not a lot of wide options there bar the very talented Kwame Poku, it hasn't worked out for Joel Randall there so I could see Burey there.

I think he’d be a great fit for you lot. Yeah he doesn’t have the greatest footballing brain but his pace would terrify defences in L1. His attitude doesn’t always seem great and yeah he never tracks back, but with an arm around his shoulder and a bit of management that can be coached in to him.  
    Our crowd can turn on him quickly and this has a negative affect on his play. I suspect the average Charlton crowd wouldn’t be so quick to jump on his back. He’s definitely a ‘confidence player’. 
    Plus he’d be staying in South London, where he’s always played his football (apart from a short loan at Hartlepool). 

I’d be sorry to see him go, although it’ll probably be for the best. He’s just not the right fit for Millwall. 

It makes sense for us to get him for all of what you’ve stated but also the fact we need to replace the goals from Rak-Sakyi.  And if we play with the same setup as last season he won’t be required to track back as one of the wide front three.  

You lot are playing at a level where it’s tougher for the kids to come through, not because it’s the championship but also the fact you’re top half.  If you were down in the pits with us I guess he might have had more minutes and an impact.