Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• edited June 2023
    The one thing that is starting to concern me is the Alfie May saga. Lots of itk and rumour that we’ve bid, had it accepted and he wants to come but days into it he still hasn’t signed. I’ll assume he hasn’t had a medical. Can see this one going tits up and that’s not a good start to our recruitment.
    We’re surely not dithering again….like the last three/four/five seasons? 

Early days but yes, this feels oh so familiar. 

Maybe cynicism has taken over but we need a sizeable overhaul and key, quality players in very specific positions. It’ll be criminal if the transfer mess of the last few summers is repeated again in this one. 
  • The one thing we didnt do in the Chris Powell title winning season was dither about signing players,got the majority of our business done early and the rest was history. It's never happened for us since and cant see it changing all the while TS is in charge
  • Sponsored links:

• Innis joined Forest Green. Big Dunc and Innis...gonna be some brawling 😂
  • The one thing we didnt do in the Chris Powell title winning season was dither about signing players,got the majority of our business done early and the rest was history. It's never happened for us since and cant see it changing all the while TS is in charge
    Hollands, Sullivan and Pritchard signed late May but the bulk of Powell’s signings that summer joined June/early July. After the first three the next signings came in on 21 June.
  • redbuttle said:
    It's feeling like a typical Sandgaard summer so far. 
    Yes, it's been a whole three days without a signing...
    Are we the only club who don’t sign players before the window opens?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers
  • Gallen has brought a crock of shit to this club, no doubt hugely affected by budget constraints, interference by incompetents and other negative influences.
    If he goes and we replace him with better, dandy. But what chance of that.

• Gallen has brought a crock of shit to this club, no doubt hugely affected by budget constraints, interference by incompetents and other negative influences.
    If he goes and we replace him with better, dandy. But what chance of that.

Bit harsh on Gallen when we dont know for sure what he was responsible for. I think its highly likely that his  friendship with Freedman at Palace was the reason JRS came on loan to us
  • Was good few years back but it looks very desperate if I was a Pompey fan bringing in very average players at the moment ..
  • Sponsored links:

• Pompey making 5 signings in 3 days feels like a club making a fresh start under a new manager and Mousinho clearing out a lot of the players from the Cowleys. I'd be very surprised if they weren't around the playoffs. 
  • Pompey have been building for over a year (having brought in Bishop, Lowery, Morrell etc last season) & now have a strong front 3 having just paid fees for both Saydee & Scully:

Scully - scores 1 in 3
    Bishop - scores 1 in 2
    Saydee - scored 1 in 3 at Shrewsbury last season

The player I think they will miss & I would love to see us go for though is Owen Dale. He’s a class act but I assume he has gone back to Blackpool since his loan ended.
  • Unfortunately it appears that we are facing the perfect storm where incoming transfers are concerned. For the time being at least, it has the feel of shopping in Poundland.
  • J BLOCK said:
    clive said:
    Our recruitment sounds a shambles. Martin still involved, Gallen involved but on the verge of leaving and TS still the owner but in the middle of leaving. 
    Is there more to the Gallen rumour than one tweet speculating he’s going to QPR?
  • DA9 said:
    Bradley Dack is joining Fleetwood

They’ve told him you can Go Your Own Way
    It's a series of connected transfer deals. He's part of The Chain.