Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Is one of you directly in the know on Dack or is this SECOND HAND NEWS?
  • Scoham said:
    The one thing we didnt do in the Chris Powell title winning season was dither about signing players,got the majority of our business done early and the rest was history. It's never happened for us since and cant see it changing all the while TS is in charge
    Hollands, Sullivan and Pritchard signed late May but the bulk of Powell’s signings that summer joined June/early July. After the first three the next signings came in on 21 June.
    Exactly. Here we are, 17th June and have signed no one, the only 'rumour' is May,who may or may not sign. I think we would all be very surprised if we sign more than 1 or 2 players before the end of the month and certainly not for any sort of fee. I feel like im pissing on my own strawberries here and would absolutely love to be proved wrong!
  • “He said”
  • edited June 2023
    clive said:

Looks like we have another profoundly underwhelming transfer window to look forward to.
    Yep. Same old same old. Another 6 out of 10 season in the lower leagues. 
  • Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    clive said:
    Our recruitment sounds a shambles. Martin still involved, Gallen involved but on the verge of leaving and TS still the owner but in the middle of leaving. 
    Is there more to the Gallen rumour than one tweet speculating he’s going to QPR?
    West London Sport ( there equivalent of the SLP?) Speculated about him yesterday.
  • DA9 said:
    Bradley Dack is joining Fleetwood

They’ve told him you can Go Your Own Way
    It's a series of connected transfer deals. He's part of The Chain.
    At this rate he will be going Everywhere
  • edited June 2023
    DA9 said:

It's a series of connected transfer deals. He's part of The Chain.
    At this rate he will be going Everywhere
    There's only one  Fleetwood Mac...so "Stop Messing Around"...✅

• Sponsored links:

• DA9 said:

Fleetwood Dack? 
    See what I’d did there? 👀
  • edited June 2023
    Davo55 said:
    My reading of the situation is:

1. we are currently "in the market" for players out of contract in advance of the takeover and (taking Storrie's words at face value) the wages budget will accommodate more higher level players than before.

2. Any players involving a transfer fee won't arrive until the takeover is approved and finalised.

3. Loan may be being lined up, and the positive example of JRS's development last season will help sell us as an option. However, some clubs may be reluctant to commit to loan players to us until there is clarity on the ownership and senior management of the club.
    I wouldn't read it quite like that. It appears that Holden starts the process by identifying a player. That then goes through Storrie to Sandgaard. If he agrees (and it involves a fee over a certain amount) then the new owners are contacted for their agreement. 

Only thing is it doesnt seem to flow the other way. So the new owners will only "spend" money if Holden wants someone that Sandgaard agrees to. If Sandgaard doesn't want to spend any money then no fee will be paid, even though the new owners might agree to it it even want to spend "big". 

Be prepared to be underwhelmed.....again. 
  • I am still clinging to the hope that unofficially behind the scenes there is an agreement for Sandgaard to spend on a few players like May with it being covered as part of the sale price.

If not then it could be another disappointing summer as the structure and secrecy about the various investors looks set to cause longer delays then a more traditional transfer of ownership.
  • Davo55 said:
    My reading of the situation is:

1. we are currently "in the market" for players out of contract in advance of the takeover and (taking Storrie's words at face value) the wages budget will accommodate more higher level players than before.

2. Any players involving a transfer fee won't arrive until the takeover is approved and finalised.

3. Loan may be being lined up, and the positive example of JRS's development last season will help sell us as an option. However, some clubs may be reluctant to commit to loan players to us until there is clarity on the ownership and senior management of the club.
    Loans usually happen later on in the window anyway. Haven’t see many (if any) happening so far 
  • AndyG said:
    I can see it now

”unfortunately the delays getting everything through the EFL process means we have missed this window, we ask supporters to get behind the team until we can strengthen in January and make a push up the league”

I really can’t see any real signings happening this window it will be bargain basement freebies plus hopefully a few decent loans
    Yh agree , I just wish they would be up front and honest about it instead spinning us a yarn
  • It's the hope that kills us EVERY year!

Woe betide the next time we are in a position to race out of the starting blocks and do our business early, I suspect I will be being spoon fed by a nurse and pissing into a bag, without the slightest idea what day it is, let alone year!

Classic, classic Charlton shit.
  • AndyG said:
    I can see it now

”unfortunately the delays getting everything through the EFL process means we have missed this window, we ask supporters to get behind the team until we can strengthen in January and make a push up the league”

I really can’t see any real signings happening this window it will be bargain basement freebies plus hopefully a few decent loans
    Hopefully these worries will be put to bed over the next few weeks - the risk for TS is the takeover falls through and he can’t get the £12m he wants as the squad has fallen in value and the team are down the bottom of the league.

The squad needs improving for the club to maintain value.

Saying that if we’re going to bring in anyone for significant fees I do see that being more likely after the takeover completes (assuming it does).
  • Holden has final say on signings, which worries me slightly. His track record so far hasn't been good...
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:
    The one thing we didnt do in the Chris Powell title winning season was dither about signing players,got the majority of our business done early and the rest was history. It's never happened for us since and cant see it changing all the while TS is in charge
    I was beginning to be sucked in to the optimism that we had a very decent budget and recruitment was advanced and going well, players shown around Sparrows, but the fact that we’ve not signed anyone including our top target (?) Alfie May who is reported as actually wanting to come with fee agreed with his club is starting to ring alarm bells. The are of course any number of reasons why we’re having problems but you can’t get past the idea that we don’t have the money or aren’t offering enough to attract the players we want. Not completely freaked out yet but concerned.
    And therein lies why I am yet to renew ST
    Ditto 
  • Ferryman said:
    I was beginning to be sucked in to the optimism that we had a very decent budget and recruitment was advanced and going well, players shown around Sparrows, but the fact that we’ve not signed anyone including our top target (?) Alfie May who is reported as actually wanting to come with fee agreed with his club is starting to ring alarm bells. The are of course any number of reasons why we’re having problems but you can’t get past the idea that we don’t have the money or aren’t offering enough to attract the players we want. Not completely freaked out yet but concerned.
    So we are not offering enough yet the club have accepted it …. yeah ok 
  • Ferryman said:
    ...Allegedly...🙄
  • I had to read that a couple of times to understand what he bit off. 
  • Ferryman said:
    Wages. We’re not bidding for anyone else other than May and that’s going well.