Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How did Dean Holden do?

Has anyone (probably Callum) got the league table from when Holden took over, compared to the final table?
Alternatively, the table since Holden took over?
I wondered if we made up any ground on the top 6 or if we at least kept the same distance ie had play off level results?

Comments

• Options
    Dean who  ?
  • Options
    Likeable chap definitely improved teams chances of winning. Would give him 7/10.
  • Options
    Did ok 
  • Options
    If you take his points per game over the course of the season and apply it across the entire season we would have finished.....9th or 10th. 
    1.52 * 46 = 69.92. That puts us firmly in a group of 8th-10th with Portsmouth and Wycombe rather than 7-8 points behind them.
  • Options
    Good honest post match interview from him 
  • Options
    If you take his points per game over the course of the season and apply it across the entire season we would have finished.....9th or 10th. 
    1.52 * 46 = 69.92. That puts us firmly in a group of 8th-10th with Portsmouth and Wycombe rather than 7-8 points behind them.
    So we finished 8 positions higher than where we were when he came in. 

If he can do that again we’ll be promoted automatically!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Holden did very well, probably as well as he could have. 
    There was a definite risk of relegation when he was appointed and he swiftly got us up the table.

I think the very best that squad could have achieved was 8th/9th/10th, but Holden took over from a starting point of 18th.

A big thank-you and well done to Dean Holden and IF he's given a squad capable of promotion I feel he can achieve it.

That's the point his ppg return don't take into account the form leading up to his appointment.  We were abject and in real danger of a relegation battle.
  • Options
    69.92 puts us either ahead of Wycombe or exactly in the same place depending on goal difference. 

Yes we would have been 7 points ahead of where we are now, but still well off play-offs which is what was asked initially. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    69.92 puts us either ahead of Wycombe or exactly in the same place depending on goal difference. 

Yes we would have been 7 points ahead of where we are now, but still well off play-offs which is what was asked initially. 
    I honestly don’t think Pep could get this squad into the playoffs.
    I agree. Wholesale changes needed. 

Don't want anyone thinking 'oh we would've got playoffs if Holden is given a full season with this squad' because it's widely inaccurate. 

He's done a good job though. 
  • Options
    He's done okay, and I'm happy for him to have a crack at the summer window. I particularly appreciate his no dickhead policy, hopefully, he can continue to reshape the club culture. One thing I think we definitely need this summer is a proper captain.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I agree. Wholesale changes needed. 

Don't want anyone thinking 'oh we would've got playoffs if Holden is given a full season with this squad' because it's widely inaccurate. 

He's done a good job though. 
    Spot on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't have much to work with in fairness . Likeable and decent bloke . 7/10 
  • Options
    Did good considering and now has his feet under the table, which offers clarity going forward for both existing and potential new players, especially as it sounds as though all interested parties and TS are thinking alike regarding next season, if you believe the story Storrie told us that is. I'm satisfied with him and we desperately need managerial stability.
  • Options
    I'm all in favour of Holden, think we realistically will need better in the long run, but he's had a bag of shit players and injuries that no manager would want.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

He couldn't. That's why he only picks the top jobs. Eddie Howe on the other hand?
  • Options
    When he arrived we were in genuine trouble with relegation a real possibility. He did enough with a generally poor bunch to get us to safety quite quickly. Has earned his shot at next season and assuming he gets his player choices in then he gets judged on that. Likeable and honest bloke regardless. Hope he gets us firing. 
  • Options
    Did well considering what he was left with, and the lack of budget in Jan. Like the bloke, seems an honest fella.
    If he gets supported over the summer think we will have a good chance next year.
    Needs a good assistant to help too.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Like the guy a lot. Think he comes across as a Charlton type, down to earth and arrogant Its what we need imo. 

I'm not totally convinced in coaching terms, but I think good coaches around him will help big time. He always seems like more of a manager to me.

He deserves time to get it right.

• Options
    Really like him.  Think he's done pretty well & I think it'll be an interesting summer.  I'm pretty sure he knows what's needed.  Whether he gets what he wants/needs is another matter.

At the very least, I think he'll get the right kind of players & characters in & we'll be harder to beat
  • Options
    Really like him.  Think he's done pretty well & I think it'll be an interesting summer.  I'm pretty sure he knows what's needed.  Whether he gets what he wants/needs is another matter.

At the very least, I think he'll get the right kind of players & characters in & we'll be harder to beat
    Nail on head. We do need to get back to signing the right character’s. It’s so important and served us very well in the past. I think Holden knows how important it is too. To be honest I think it’s going to be harder shifting out some of the dross we have than getting in the right players.