Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup final 2023

124»

Comments

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    13 seconds … Jim Melrose time
    Although West Ham kicked off that day whereas City kicked off yesterday.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    _MrDick said:
    13 seconds … Jim Melrose time
    Although West Ham kicked off that day whereas City kicked off yesterday.
    And Melrose was 9 seconds...
  • Options
    If he does leave then Gundogan will be extremely tough to replace. He's 32 so i can understand City's stance of only offering him another year with an option for a second year. Barcelona though have offered him a 3 year deal so that's hard for him to turn down. But surely City have to take into consideration what it will cost to replace him. 

They're apparently about to sign Kovacic from Chelsea who will be brilliant in City's keep the ball style of play.....but he doesn't score goals. That said i wouldn't put it past Pep to mould him into a different player.
  • Options
    If he does leave then Gundogan will be extremely tough to replace. He's 32 so i can understand City's stance of only offering him another year with an option for a second year. Barcelona though have offered him a 3 year deal so that's hard for him to turn down. But surely City have to take into consideration what it will cost to replace him. 

They're apparently about to sign Kovacic from Chelsea who will be brilliant in City's keep the ball style of play.....but he doesn't score goals. That said i wouldn't put it past Pep to mould him into a different player.
    Surely they can afford to offer him 3 years.
  • Options
    Pep has been very good for England too. He’s made players like Walker, Stones and Sterling better, now onto Grealish. I think he’d do a great job with Bellingham. 
    Our players have definitely improved in the City side even Grealish & it would be good to see Bellingham play with them
    But I am not so sure about improvement in his progress as he has been brought through perfect his game is outstanding & if he stays on the same track definitely could be one of the best in the world 
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Chelsea's sales are a bit unusual at the moment - Jorginho to Arsenal, and maybe Kovacic to City, Mount to Man Utd.  

Can't remember one of the so called big teams selling so many of their apparent rivals.

Needs must I guess with the size of their squad and FFP considerations.
  • Options
    The Times on Saturday had an article about the respective Manc outfits top eight coaching staff .. City's eight had just one Brit, Richard Wright the goalkeeping coach

United's eight had just two non Brits and looked to be a very parochial, unbalanced bunch compared to the (mainly Spanish) City crew who had experience all across Europe

Seems that as with our previously rather bland food, our football is a lot tastier with a splash of spice, salsa and sea salt !!  B)

• Options

Surely they can afford to offer him 3 years.
    Of course they could yes, but it's a club policy i think to only offer 1 year deals to players over 30. I think they've relaxed it now and are offering him a 2 year deal. 

In the long run it's probably a sensible policy so if a player suffers a serious downturn at 32-33 you're not stuck with him until he's in his mid-30s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    The mob that stream themselves watching it alone at home are even weirder than the vlogger freaks that sit in the stands with the camera on themselves all match. The one benefit to being as shit as we are is we have managed to avoid having any of those helmets attached to us. 
    Someone like Goldbridge makes a fortune doing this though. Although for the really big games i do wonder why on earth he wants to do that in a studio/his home rather than actually be at the game.