Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Isted Signs on a 2yr deal

Comments

• Options
    Maybe I am one of the few who are distinctly puzzled at the way we continually change keepers?
    I wouldn’t mind betting that there isn’t a club in the country who has parted company with so many keepers over the last decade or so.
    The infuriating thing is that a good percentage of them go on to carve out decent careers at a higher level. You will find ex Charlton keepers scattered around everywhere.
    Personally I saw nothing wrong with Woollacott and pretty much the same with AMB……watch out for them going elsewhere and doing well by following the trend.
    Message to all UK clubs…….looking for a decent keeper call CAFC c/o Sparrows Lane.
    Only 12 keepers have made over 100 appearances for the club since the end of the Second World War and everyone knows who the first 4 on that list are 

• Options
    Istead Rise!

WHEYHEY!!!
  • Options
    Maybe I am one of the few who are distinctly puzzled at the way we continually change keepers?
    I wouldn’t mind betting that there isn’t a club in the country who has parted company with so many keepers over the last decade or so.
    The infuriating thing is that a good percentage of them go on to carve out decent careers at a higher level. You will find ex Charlton keepers scattered around everywhere.
    Personally I saw nothing wrong with Woollacott and pretty much the same with AMB……watch out for them going elsewhere and doing well by following the trend.
    Message to all UK clubs…….looking for a decent keeper call CAFC c/o Sparrows Lane.
    Absolutely this. We chop and change goalkeepers with seemingly gay abandon. Does nothing for building a team. Why I posted earlier that I hope either Isted or AMB go on to become a fixture in goal for a good few seasons. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Only 12 keepers have made over 100 appearances for the club since the end of the Second World War and everyone knows who the first 4 on that list are 

Bartram, Wright,Dunn,Woods,Johns,Bolder, Kiely, as for the other Five still 🤔 
    You will never beat The Fish Salmon 

Four still🤔
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    ButtleJR said:
    thenewbie said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Good keeper, bit of a point to prove. Think he'll probably be number one next season. Hoping we can get Edun over the line next on loan.
    That based on anything or just a personal idea?
    Definitely interested. We almost got him over the line in January. Holden rates him.
    I remembered him from January but good to hear that we are back in. Going for a player from a higher league is a good sign of intent if nothing else.
    That link is from January, not recent. 
  • Options
    I assume we have a small fee for Joe and Harry on a free so nice bit of early cash in the Bank 
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Four still🤔
    Hamer?  Ben Amos can't be 100? Edit 98 for Amos.
  • Options

Four still🤔
    Willie Duff?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Four still🤔
    Willie Duff?
    Pope?
  • Options

Four still🤔
    Willie Duff?
    Pope?
    Amos comes close but just misses the ton.

Hamer?
  • Options

Four still🤔
    Hamer?, Phillips? 
  • Options
    Absolutely this. We chop and change goalkeepers with seemingly gay abandon. Does nothing for building a team. Why I posted earlier that I hope either Isted or AMB go on to become a fixture in goal for a good few seasons. 
    We’ve changed manager quite a bit over the years, and I think that has something to do with it.  Wollacott was Garner’s man, Holden’s come
    in and probably has doubts re; AMB.  My mind has gone blank as to who our keeper was during 20/21.  I can’t remember if it was MacGillivray or he came in under Adkins at the start of 21/22

Isted may be good, he might not.  If anyone quotes that throwaway line that keeps cropping up with our transfers over the last few years ‘happy with that’, I’d have to question why?  The truth is we just don’t know how well he’ll do.  A lot of the types of players we can bring in are probably in the same mould.   The Blackburn left back looks okay, but how
    many games did he get for them last season, that would be a good indicator.

I understand some people on here genuinely follow/have knowledge of the lower leagues, but I think the majority of us don’t have much of an idea about any of the players we’re linked with, so you might as well toss a coin as to whether or not that can do well

• Options
    Interesting, as he said, a lot has changed since he came there when he was 10 years old. Was he a trialist here?  Or maybe he played in a youth side for an opposition club more than likely? 
  • Options
    edited June 2023

Four still🤔
    Willie Duff?
    Pope?
    Believe it or not only played 36 plus 2 sub?
    well that’s what handbook of2021/22 saying. 

Come on @shirty5 you@shirty5 started it.
  • Options
    i m o keeper is the most important position on the field .. however he is usually only as good as the defence in front of him .. let's see what defenders are re-signed or signed over the next few days (hopefully)
  • Options
    Elliot must have played 100 games?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Elliot must have played 100 games?
    108 plus 1 as sub

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Willie Duff & Ben Hamer must both be in this select group.
  • Options
    Peterson played more games for us than any other Club he represented, but still only 85. Jim Stannard?
  • Options
    Is this a trick question? I'm thinking Gritty and Brownie played more than 100 games each!!!! It doesn't state if all 100 games were as keepers, but both have kept goal in emergencies.
  • Options
    Nicky Johns. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:so you might as well toss a coin as to whether or not that can do well

I reckon the odds lean more to they won’t be that good because in recent years it’s been more guff than not … hence season 10 in 15 in the third tier of shitness starts in 6 weeks 
  • Options
    'The Manager rang me and told me he wanted to bring me in and sold the club to me'

How many more owners are we going to get?
    I didn't realise it was Holden's to sell.  He kept buying it pretty quiet.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Bartram
    Bolder
    Duff
    Dunn
    Elliot
    Hamer
    Johns
    Kiely
    Phillips
    Salmon
    Wood
    Wright

The 12 keepers that have played 100 games or more for Charlton since world war 2 .

my favorite has to be Charlie Wright.
  • Options
    Bit of an under whelming signing for me. Of all the positions we need to strengthen and replace the dross the goalkeeper wasn’t one of them 

With a hard working midfield and solid defense JJ and AMB would have been fine 
  • Options
    Bit of an under whelming signing for me. Of all the positions we need to strengthen and replace the dross the goalkeeper wasn’t one of them 

With a hard working midfield and solid defense JJ and AMB would have been fine 
    and now we have AMB and Harry, really can't see a problem. JoJo wanted to leave, we got a fee, signed a decent keeper on a free, back to where we started. Nothing to see here at all. 
    We now have two relatively unproven,  with limited experience,  keepers instead of 1 
    of course one/both may be decent but I’m not convinced yet by AMB , time will tell