Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Isted Signs on a 2yr deal

Comments

• Options
    Two incompetent keepers. 
    AMB isn't playing like a sieve, at least
  • Options
    There's zero explanation for that because he's just made no effort to save it. 
  • Options
    WTAF was that ? 
  • Options
    Don’t think either are good enough.both will cost us points this season. 
    Did AMB loose us points against Bristol Rovers and Port Vale when he could only parry shots back into play rather than holding on to them or turning them around the post?

• Options
    Reid hit it hard and into about the only spot he could score, I’m not in for this constant pile on at the moment 
  • Options
    He is like the Kevin Lisbie of goalkeepers. Once he makes one save he will go on to save loads. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did AMB loose us points against Bristol Rovers and Port Vale when he could only parry shots back into play rather than holding on to them or turning them around the post?

Yes 100%.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    He is like the Kevin Lisbie of goalkeepers. Once he makes one save he will go on to save loads. 
    That's what people used to say.
    19 goals in about 10 years I think it was.
  • Options
    Has he made a save yet?
  • Options
    Both our keeper's are not good enough for promotion imo 
    But as we ain't going up this season replacing at least one of them will have to wait until the season is over. 
  • Options
    Nicholas said:
    That's what people used to say.
    19 goals in about 10 years I think it was.
    Just wait until we play Liverpool in the FA Cup
  • Options

No 100%.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Has he made a save yet?
    Is anyone seriously able to answer this? I genuinely don't I've seen him make a save
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Has he made a save yet?
    Is anyone seriously able to answer this? I genuinely don't I've seen him make a save
    Simple enough to find out isn’t it? Stevenage had three on shots on target and scored one so he must’ve made two saves.

Same against Fleetwood. 3 SoT, 1 goal.

Against Oxford: 5 SoT and 2 goals so three saves.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Reid hit it hard and into about the only spot he could score, I’m not in for this constant pile on at the moment 
    With you a bit on this one - it doesn’t look good and the jury is out but chopping and changing won’t do anyone much good.

Don’t believe Appleton will have got a proper look at AMB just yet given that Ash was away on internationals. And it’s likely he looked at Isted being part of a winning side at Fleetwood and stuck with it.

Whoever Appleton chooses going forward, he has to give them a run with the gloves up until at least Xmas.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Has he made a save yet?
    Simple enough to find out isn’t it? Stevenage had three on shots on target and scored one so he must’ve made two saves.

Depends what you determine as a save. I can only remember him "saving" anything that was straight at him and routine as yet. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    mendonca said:
    Has he made a save yet?

Depends what you determine as a save. I can only remember him "saving" anything that was straight at him and routine as yet. 
    Exactly this, just watched the extended highlights back and did not see anything you would call a save. 
  • Options
    Just seen the other angle for the goal. That is disappointing. 

I guess AMB didn't have much time to stake a claim following the international break. I think maybe he should start against Wycombe now.

I am beginning to think we might need a new keeper in January.
  • Options
    This for me, not currently convinced either are promotion quality keepers, neither was Wollacott.
  • Options
    And to think that Conor Ripley amongst others was available on a free too.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    The Goalkeeper who plays for Port Vale, who have conceded the same amount of goals as us? - Isted should have done a lot better for that Stevenage goal, and rate Maynard-Brewer higher.

But the issue of conceding doesnt rest solely with the Goalkeeper - Its the whole Defence... One individual isn't going to change that fact on their own.
  • Options
    The Goalkeeper who plays for Port Vale, who have conceded the same amount of goals as us?
    Skewed by the 7 they conceded in the first game of the season at Barnsley. 
  • Options
    The Goalkeeper who plays for Port Vale, who have conceded the same amount of goals as us?
    Skewed by the 7 they conceded in the first game of the season at Barnsley. 
    I'll be steering very well clear of CharltonLife when a Goalkeeper for us concedes seven goals in a single game.