Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    Brentford equalise from a VAR awarded penalty, after Spurs had played on for about 3 minutes. Ridiculous.
    I wonder if that "lost" will be added back in the additional time.
  • Options
    Brentford equalise from a VAR awarded penalty, after Spurs had played on for about 3 minutes. Ridiculous.
    What happens if there had been another goal or a red card during that time? Would it stand? 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    What happens if there had been another goal or a red card during that time? Would it stand? 
    Exactly. As soon as VAR decide to even look at an incident the game should be stopped.
  • Options
    11 minutes of additional time at the end of the first half!!
  • Options
    Brentford vs Spurs has a delayed KO, no water coming into the Ground. 
    Amusing that 2 PL games this weekend had delayed starts due to ground issues!
  • Options
    The worry is that with Luton and Sheffield United ( lost 4 of their better players)so short of quality that the teams owned by the filthy rich will attempt to get the Premier League reduced to 18 teams. 

They just failed the first time with the breakaway European super League but the Premier League was set up to be elitist. No revenue for the away sides, and some clubs being owned by rulers of middle east countries. 
    Don’t think it’s so easy to make that argument after last season where all three promoted sides stayed up.
  • Options
    Brentford vs Spurs has a delayed KO, no water coming into the Ground. 
    Amusing that 2 PL games this weekend had delayed starts due to ground issues!
    Both in London, going for a treble with Chelsea being delayed?
  • Options
    Imagine spending all that money and the best you can up with is that!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    No. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chelsea look shite for a team that’s cost a bazillion pounds. 
  • Options
    That's a cracking goal by the bin dippers
  • Options
    Great pass by Salah. Put Caicedo in that team and with a lack of Champs League schedule they will be very hard to beat 
  • Options
    In an ideal world, I’d love for both of these teams to lose, so it’s a bit weird because I feel a bit like a neutral watching this!
  • Options
    0-2 inside 30 mins. But will be close on VAR
  • Options
    Ooof, that’s one of the most marginal offside calls I’ve ever seen 
  • Options
    In a world of crazy transfer fees, Alexis Mac Allister for £35m is a bargain.
  • Options
    Lucky Chelsea, remains 0-1
  • Options
    Chelsea look absolute shit
  • Options
    Funny old game!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very funny indeed!
  • Options
    Football is mental sometimes
  • Options
    Another VAR check… that looks offside after all that!
  • Options
    Chelsea look absolute shit
    Suddenly, Liverpool look absolute shit!

😂
  • Options
    Atmosphere sounds awful 
  • Options
    Sheff Utd team looks bloody awful (for Prem level). If Palace don’t get a comfortable three points they should be very concerned.

Their team is worse now than when they got promoted. Very bizarre what's going on there, the owners seem to have given up before a ball was kicked. 

Palace had 68% possession and 24 shots at goal, so imagine what decent teams are going to do to Sheff Utd.
    I do wonder if the relegation 'battle' could be a bit of damp squib this year with Luton and Sheff Utd, Wolves look in big trouble too.
    Everton will no doubt survive again with about 35 points simply because other teams are far worse.
  • Options
    Gutted as an England fan to see Reece James play with another injury 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    MacAllister booked after being fouled for waving an imaginary card to the ref. It's a new rule this season. Seems our 10 cards handed out yesterday is going to be a feature. With our history of discipline it could see us losing lots of players over the season, as if injuries wasn't enough reason. 

As an aside radio commentary said Chelsea's American owners have bought '50' players since they took over 12 months ago. How the other half live, and yet they still moan. 
  • Options
    Maatsen with a great chance to win it for Chelsea
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    MacAllister booked after being fouled for waving an imaginary card to the ref. It's a new rule this season. Seems our 10 cards handed out yesterday is going to be a feature. With our history of discipline it could see us losing lots of players over the season, as if injuries wasn't enough reason. 

As an aside radio commentary said Chelsea's American owners have bought '50' players since they took over 12 months ago. How the other half live, and yet they still moan. 
    I‘m really pleased they have started to clamp down on the card waving as it absolutely infuriates me. Personally,  if a player starts telling a ref how to do his job, I’d like him to just be sent off.