Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    Looks like West Ham have got both Harry Maguire and James Ward Prowse for around 30m each 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Looks like West Ham have got both Harry Maguire and James Ward Prowse for around 30m each 
    Decent enough signings you'd think to consolidate their mid table mediocrity status
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Decent enough signings you'd think to consolidate their mid table mediocrity status
    I think the West Ham fans would snap your hand off for mid-table mediocrity right now tbh... without those kinds of signings they'll definitely be in a relegation fight.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I think the West Ham fans would snap your hand off for mid-table mediocrity right now tbh... without those kinds of signings they'll definitely be in a relegation fight.
    Paqueta to Man City won't help their cause
  • Options
    I am absolutely here for Maguire scoring against United at Old Trafford
  • Options
    Bournemouth look set to sign Alex Scott from Bristol City which could be a cracking signing. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Surely no one would pay 100m for Kane ? 
    Wasn't far off.
  • Options
    I missed that Sander Berge has gone from Sheff Utd to Burnley.

They've lost their top scorer and POTY, Iliman Ndiaye, too.  Can't see them or Luton staying up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I missed that Sander Berge has gone from Sheff Utd to Burnley.

They've lost their top scorer and POTY, Iliman Ndiaye, too.  Can't see them or Luton staying up.
    Fairly sure teams like them right now are happy to yo-yo between the leagues, not spending too much and pocketing profits from it
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Bournemouth look set to sign Alex Scott from Bristol City which could be a cracking signing. 
    That kid is going to be absolute star.  Massive Spurs fan too.  Sounds like we were interested at the right price but not at £20m.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    That kid is going to be absolute star.  Massive Spurs fan too.  Sounds like we were interested at the right price but not at £20m.
    Madness really as 20m these days is nothing and if he turns out as good as people say he is going to be, that'd look a bargain in 2-3 years time.

Reminds me of when Levy stalled over buying Grealish for less than 10m when Villa were in the championship and skint.
  • Options
    Chelsea have messed around for weeks with their bids for Caicedo. Brighton said all along they wanted 100m but Chelsea bid 70, 75, then 80.

Brighton then announced that they would sell Caicedo to the highest bidder by the end of last night. Chelsea finally bid the 100m that Brighton wanted................and Liverpool came in and bid 110m!!
  • Options
    Liverpool bid 110m for Caicedo

Man City bid 88m for Paqueta

Later than usual but the window’s gone mad 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    £111m for Caicedo feels like a bit of a panic move from a Liverpool side that is worried about their midfield options. Spent the whole of that Carabao Cup game in Dobson's back pocket. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MarcusH26 said:

Yeah £20m is good work from Bristol City and he's not going to be fit straight away but I could see him with full international caps within 18 months. Special talent and I can understand Lopertegui leaving Wolves if he was their main target all summer and they get beaten to him by Bournemouth.
  • Options
    Liverpool bid 110m for Caicedo

Man City bid 88m for Paqueta

Later than usual but the window’s gone mad 
    Football went mad years ago but some of the fees this window are ridiculous. Chelsea seemed to start it all last season paying overinflated fees and it's just carried on. Covid seemingly never impacted finances on any of these clubs 

Wish Charlton could have some of this money floating around!
  • Options
    88mil for Paqueta is ridiculous... i dont even think he is that good!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can see Neymar coming to the prem by the end of the window, aparently wants out and would be relatively cheap going by the above fees!
  • Options
    Who will Liverpool be replacing Klopp with? 

https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-klopps-comments-about-paul-pogbas-89-million-transfer-to-man-united-20180717

If you bring one player in for £100m and he gets injured, then it all goes through the chimney. The day that this is football, I'm not in a job anymore, because the game is about playing together.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Madness really as 20m these days is nothing and if he turns out as good as people say he is going to be, that'd look a bargain in 2-3 years time.

Reminds me of when Levy stalled over buying Grealish for less than 10m when Villa were in the championship and skint.
    Exactly.  Thats exactly the kind of profile of player that we need to take a punt on, same with Eze when he was at QPR.
    Think we're going to regret missing out on him.
  • Options
    Don't get being prepared to do £110m for Caicedo but not do the business earlier in the summer for Bellingham 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Don't get being prepared to do £110m for Caicedo but not do the business earlier in the summer for Bellingham 
    Presumably didn't foresee getting in the money for Henderson, Fabinho (who's looking likely to go) and the others off the payroll.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course.
  • Options
    I think the problem with Bellingham is that Liverpool knew he wanted to go to Madrid and an agreement was already in place between player and club 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    88mil for Paqueta is ridiculous... i dont even think he is that good!
    What you have to remember though is how much Pep improves players. Paqueta is a solid player and a regular for Brazil and i think if you stick him in the City side he'll suddenly look 15-20% better than he has at West ham. 
  • Options
    Caicedo has apparently rejected Liverpool and told them he is only interested in joining Chelsea.
  • Options
    United would pay the £100m, but Levy has made it clear he won't sell to a prem club.
    If Kane decides he doesn’t wanna go Bayern, he can just move to united next season on a free. Levy would rather the £100m I bet…
    Nope

United would pay the £100m, but Levy has made it clear he won't sell to a prem club.
    If Kane decides he doesn’t wanna go Bayern, he can just move to united next season on a free. Levy would rather the £100m I bet…
    Nope

As I said at the time. Those who loled have a look at yourself.