Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    Kudus would be a great signing for Brighton and the perfect Mac Allister replacement. They’ve replaced Colwill and brought in a striker. They’ll need to replace Caicedo but I fancy them to have another strong season. 
  • Options
    The annual 'refs say they will do something that lasts one game' is happening in the community shield. This time it's booking players for seemingly everything. 
  • Options
    I think it might be better to have no commentary on the Charity Shield than have to listen to Lee Dixon.
  • Options
    Why? I was fascinated to hear about his grandson’s teddy.
  • Options
    Be good if you had the option of just getting the crowd noise and no commentary.

Tried watching Leicester/Coventry earlier but the combination of a female commentator and Lee Hendrie as the summariser put me off.
  • Options
    That’s basically an own goal
  • Options
    Look, the Charity shield is a bizarre curtain raiser but no one beats Arsenal 9 times in a row !
  • Options
    The Community Shield isn't important, but you'd still want to win it. 
  • Options
    Baldy and goldylocks have been found out. City need a new manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    101st min equalizer? a deflection?
    Like night follows f'ing day.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Been told tonight Bayern Munich have finally put £100m cash + add ons on the table for Kane.

Levy would be mad to turn that down now.

Rejected.  Blimey.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Been told tonight Bayern Munich have finally put £100m cash + add ons on the table for Kane.

Rejected.  Blimey.
    Then you'll lose him next summer for nothing. 
  • Options
    Quite amusing seeing Arteta celebrating the goal like it was in a Champions league final. Settle down dickhead, City rarely if ever win this game. They got destroyed by Liverpool in last years one and then look what happened.
    Did you feel the same when Pep joyfully celebrated City's goal?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Rejected.  Blimey.
    Then you'll lose him next summer for nothing. 
    Yep, looks that way.  Madness really.
  • Options
    Chelsea bound this time next season to join up with Potch then and Spurs won’t see a penny.

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Rejected.  Blimey.
    Most places are reporting the offer as 100m euros not pounds. In which case i don't blame Levy for turning down £86m.

Spurs always said they valued him at £100m+ so if Bayern don't get near that then they can't be too surprised it was rejected.
  • Options
    Maybe Levy is getting flashbacks to when he tried to spend the Bale money and thought it's not worth it. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Rejected.  Blimey.
    Most places are reporting the offer as 100m euros not pounds. In which case i don't blame Levy for turning down £86m.

Spurs always said they valued him at £100m+ so if Bayern don't get near that then they can't be too surprised it was rejected.
    Also has a feel of Bayern claiming it's their 'final offer' when they'll come back with more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    apologies if mentioned already, are there any CharltonLife fantasy leagues to enter this year? 
  • Options
    apologies if mentioned already, are there any CharltonLife fantasy leagues to enter this year? 
    Here you go:

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/96430/2023-2024-fantasy-premier-league
  • Options
    Looks like Lopetegui is leaving Wolves, less than a week before the new season starts - suspect he doesn't want to be associated with a sinking ship.

Gary O'Neil to come in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66437744
  • Options
    just considering a few Prem transfers .. what's struck me is the huge contrast in fees paid for two VERY good midfielders .. Rice to Arsenal for about £100 Million + cf Macalister to Liverpool for circa £35Million + the ubiquitous 'add ons'  .. two different types and perhaps Arsenal's need was the greater for a top class (essentially) defensive midfielder .. be interesting to see the fan's reactions to the pair and compare v f m 
  • Options
    just considering a few Prem transfers .. what's struck me is the huge contrast in fees paid for two VERY good midfielders .. Rice to Arsenal for about £100 Million + cf Macalister to Liverpool for circa £35Million + the ubiquitous 'add ons'  .. two different types and perhaps Arsenal's need was the greater for a top class (essentially) defensive midfielder .. be interesting to see the fan's reactions to the pair and compare v f m 
    The English tax being paid in full
  • Options
    Think Alexis Mac Allister had a buyout clause.

I think Rice is better than him, but I do think Liverpool have done good business in Mac Allister and Szoboszlai, who I like the look of a lot.  They need a Fabinho replacement though - their version of Declan Rice, if you will.

• Options

I think Rice is better than him, but I do think Liverpool have done good business in Mac Allister and Szoboszlai, who I like the look of a lot.  They need a Fabinho replacement though - their version of Declan Rice, if you will.

Trying to sign Lavia from Southampton, who I imagine will fill that role
  • Options

Szoboszlai, .. easy for you to say 
  • Options
    Nkunku is out for 3 and a half months. Not a great start for Chelsea.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    nagAddick said:
    Nkunku is out for 3 and a half months. Not a great start for Chelsea.
    They've also got potential FFP breaches under Roman to deal with now...

Albeit they reported the issues to UEFA themselves.