Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    What on earth is this summer series all about? Who in their right mind wants to watch Fulham vs Brentford in Philadelphia?
    Another step towards having an actual league match abroad 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    These friendlies in the US have been quite exciting so far...
    The Arsenal on Arsenal handbags was entertaining lol
  • Options
    Bad news for Fulham as it looks as if Mitrovic has downed tools in a bid to force a move to Al Hilal. Isn't training and therefore also isn't playing.

Bad news for West Ham (and also Fulham) as their reported target Joao Palinha dislocated his shoulder in a friendly yesterday and could be out for 3-4 months.
  • Options
    Manchester United's away kit next season is basically a Newcastle kit.  Bit weird!

• Options
    Except it's green and white, not black and white...
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Except it's green and white, not black and white...
    Really?!  I'm just off to do a colourblindness test.
  • Options
    'Night' green is their official term.
  • Options
    Bad news for Fulham as it looks as if Mitrovic has downed tools in a bid to force a move to Al Hilal. Isn't training and therefore also isn't playing.

Bad news for West Ham (and also Fulham) as their reported target Joao Palinha dislocated his shoulder in a friendly yesterday and could be out for 3-4 months.
    I'm sure the PFA will step in and remind Mitrovic of his contractual obligations.

Or maybe they won't!!
  • Options
    Sounds like that episode of Father Ted when they talk about most blacks just being really, really dark blue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Navy green is what my son would call it 
  • Options
    So Harry Kane's wife was in Munich at the weekend looking at houses and international schools for the children. Levy has been told that if Kane refuses to sign a new contract he has to be sold this window. 
  • Options
    So Harry Kane's wife was in Munich at the weekend looking at houses and international schools for the children. Levy has been told that if Kane refuses to sign a new contract he has to be sold this window. 
    Joe Lewis has never given one flying f*ck about Tottenham.  Not once in 20 odd years.  He's only ever seen a handful of Spurs games live.  He's always let Levy get on with it.
    Find it strange that he has now given an ultimatum.  Levy knows what he's doing (well, debatable but he'll know in his own head what he is doing!). I find it very hard to believe.
    But as someone pointed over the weekend, funny the story about the Lewis ultimatum was broken by two journalists that were currently with Man United in America!

But of course, sensible head with common sense says he's never going to sign a new deal (and why the hell would he?)  He'll either go on a free (and if so, good luck to him, he deserves it for what a servant he has been for us!) or if he fancies a move, let him go to where he wants but try and get a good fee for him.
    Harry holds all the aces now and he should have the choice of what he wants to do.

We'll struggle to replace him but who wouldn't.

And if we do get any money at all for him, for the love of god, two new centre backs please as a matter of urgency.  I do not want Dier, Davies or Sanchez anywhere near the starting XI.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Joe Lewis has never given one flying f*ck about Tottenham.  Not once in 20 odd years.  He's only ever seen a handful of Spurs games live.  He's always let Levy get on with it.
    Find it strange that he has now given an ultimatum.  Levy knows what he's doing (well, debatable but he'll know in his own head what he is doing!). I find it very hard to believe.
    But as someone pointed over the weekend, funny the story about the Lewis ultimatum was broken by two journalists that were currently with Man United in America!

But of course, sensible head with common sense says he's never going to sign a new deal (and why the hell would he?)  He'll either go on a free (and if so, good luck to him, he deserves it for what a servant he has been for us!) or if he fancies a move, let him go to where he wants but try and get a good fee for him.
    Harry holds all the aces now and he should have the choice of what he wants to do.

And if we do get any money at all for him, for the love of god, two new centre backs please as a matter of urgency.  I do not want Dier, Davies or Sanchez anywhere near the starting XI.
    A mate of mine (Spurs fan) often reads your posts on here John....he reckons you know what your talking about, I'm no expert on Spurs by the way, though often thought Dier was overrated.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

A mate of mine (Spurs fan) often reads your posts on here John....he reckons you know what your talking about, I'm no expert on Spurs by the way, though often thought Dier was overrated.
    So you are a Spurs expert then as that is correct

• Options
    No idea why Kane wouldn't just wait a year
  • Options
    Nice of you to say, I'll take that as a compliment (don't get those that often) but I like to think I'm balanced in my opinion on Spurs.  I'll often say it how it is but I think I'm reasonably level headed and know where we are on the football food chain.

Dier really is a strange one.  I can't put my finger on why he blows so hot and cold, with an undercurrent of permanently cold.  When Conte first took over, he looked great in a three.  He didn't put a foot wrong for 5-6 months.  Got himself back in the England squad.  Then he hit a dodgy patch by making a few mistakes and his confidence never recovered.  He's most definitely a confidence player.  The fact Ange likes to play a back four, I can't see where he fits in now.  
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    This.  Exactly.  He'll pick up a fortune and can literally take his pick then.
  • Options
    Heard a rumour Lo Celso has played the 8 role in pre season. Do you think there’s any chance he starts the season there?

He’s a bargain in Fantasy Football at £5.0m.
    Garnacho at Manure is also £5.0m, so am trying to decide between the two.

Also, how do you rate Reguilón?
    Any chance of becoming a regular starter? 
  • Options
    Can't see Garnacho starting every week.

Cracking player but they'll manage his minutes, plus he's behind Rashford for that LW spot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Yeah I’m not expecting Garnacho to start regularly, but he did seem to have an impact every time he was on the pitch last year - so I’m wondering if this season we might see him break through. 

Rashford gets sent upfront a lot too, so I can see Garnacho competing more with Sancho.
  • Options
    MOBY DUCK said:
    Heard a rumour Lo Celso has played the 8 role in pre season. Do you think there’s any chance he starts the season there?

Of all the last season loans out to possible come back in, both Lo Celso and Reguillon are arguably ones to watch.  Especially Reggie as he's the only real LB in the squad.  However I think you'll see Destiny Udogie start in front of him.  He's very quick and can play the inverted full back/wingback/hybrid midfielder where he played for Udinese last season.

Lo Celso is well suited to play the 8 and played very well for fhe 2nd 45 against West Ham but I really do think it will be Bissouma as a 6 starting with Maddison and then one other.  Who that 8 is, I couldnt tell you.  I'd rip your arm off for a fully fit and motivated Ndombele tbh but there's more chance it'll be the powder puff fake hardman in Hojbjerg before it'll be Lo Celso or Dombers.

Lo Celso is probably rife for a transfer while we can still get money for him.  The young lads Sarr and Devine are ones to watch.

If I'm picking my FPL team, neither would be anywhere near it to be honest.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MrOneLung said:
    This.  Exactly.  He'll pick up a fortune and can literally take his pick then.
    I’m guessing that if he gets a serious injury, especially with his ankle complications, he won’t get a decent deal again. The bloke is a real athlete but he is also a very sensible family man.
  • Options
    Zaha has signed for Galatasaray now.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    West Ham having the issue that everyone knows they've got £105m to spend.

Apparently had opening bids turned down for Palhinha, Gallagher, McTominay and Ward Prowse.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MOBY DUCK said:

Of all the last season loans out to possible come back in, both Lo Celso and Reguillon are arguably ones to watch.  Especially Reggie as he's the only real LB in the squad.  However I think you'll see Destiny Udogie start in front of him.  He's very quick and can play the inverted full back/wingback/hybrid midfielder where he played for Udinese last season.

Lo Celso is well suited to play the 8 and played very well for fhe 2nd 45 against West Ham but I really do think it will be Bissouma as a 6 starting with Maddison and then one other.  Who that 8 is, I couldnt tell you.  I'd rip your arm off for a fully fit and motivated Ndombele tbh but there's more chance it'll be the powder puff fake hardman in Hojbjerg before it'll be Lo Celso or Dombers.

Lo Celso is probably rife for a transfer while we can still get money for him.  The young lads Sarr and Devine are ones to watch.

I’m really looking forwards to seeing Udogie. Also keep seeing spurs links with Tapsoba and Van de ven but fabrizio says only 1 will be signed when really spurs need both id say
  • Options
    Zaha has signed for Galatasaray now.
    A couple of seasons ago that would be a massive blow for them. Sadly not so much now. One positive is that we won't see his whiny, stupid face after he has thrown himself to the ground for the 628th time.
    This for me. I’m glad he won’t be doing anything to help palace, but I’m more glad I don’t have to watch him any more. The negatives about this bloke far outweigh his footballing prowess. Makes my shit itch.
  • Options
    nagAddick said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MOBY DUCK said:

I’m really looking forwards to seeing Udogie. Also keep seeing spurs links with Tapsoba and Van de ven but fabrizio says only 1 will be signed when really spurs need both id say
    What is it now? 19 days until the 1st game of the season?

I dont get what the delay is with getting in a CB.  It can only be money.  There's rumours a takeover by Liberty Media (who own F1) is in progress but who knows for sure.  Does make me wonder if the huge hike in interest rates has had some effect.

We probably need outs in terms of numbers not money before we can bring in, the squad is huge bearing in mind no European games this season.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66274633

Disgusting , Spurs should be relegated