Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Well, just watched Spurs lose 3-2 to West Ham in pre-season in Australia but thats the best I've seen Spurs play in a long long time.
    The 3 goals conceded, 2 from set pieces and 1 from a break away after West Ham had been under the cosh for the majority of the game just shows thats Spurs are crying out for new Centre Backs as a matter of urgency.
    If we play every game as attacking as that, I'll be happy.
    ledley king to come out of retirement??
  • Options
    Got Dier still to come back, dunno what you're whinging about!
  • Options
    Weren't Spurs supposedly close to Micky Van De Ven from Wolfsburg to help at CB? 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Weren't Spurs supposedly close to Micky Van De Ven from Wolfsburg to help at CB? 
    Supposedly agreed a fee and personal terms then either Levy has tried to cut the price or Wolfsburg played Levy at his own game.
    Still talking apparently but how long does it take?

Really if Levy has got any sense, he takes whatever he can get for Kane then spends it on VdV and Tapsoba from Leverkusen.
    Disclaimer - never seen either of them play btw, just jumping on the bandwagon of those who know more about potential signings lol.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Supposedly agreed a fee and personal terms then either Levy has tried to cut the price or Wolfsburg played Levy at his own game.

Really if Levy has got any sense, he takes whatever he can get for Kane then spends it on VdV and Tapsoba from Leverkusen.
    Disclaimer - never seen either of them play btw, just jumping on the bandwagon of those who know more about potential signings lol.
    I worked at a Recruitment Agency about ten years ago - One of the Recruiters was a Chelsea fan, who was telling me about their new signing Baba Rahman who I'd never heard of.

Never forget the look on this blokes face... telling me enthusiastically how he was quality, and had just ended the previous season in the Bundesliga's Team of the Year.

In reality I doubt he knew much more about him, than I did :D
  • Options
    Jonny Evans has re-signed for Manchester United, at this stage it's only up until the end of pre-season friendlies.

Wonder if it's just to give them an extra player and let him get match fit at the same time, or maybe a sign to Maguire that he's really not wanted anymore - "We'd rather play this guy and he's 35 and was injured almost all of last season!"

Does mean that after De Gea left, they only went 18 days without a former Premier League winner in the squad.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/66229330
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    MarcusH26 said:

I worked at a Recruitment Agency about ten years ago - One of the Recruiters was a Chelsea fan, who was telling me about their new signing Baba Rahman who I'd never heard of.

Never forget the look on this blokes face... telling me enthusiastically how he was quality, and had just ended the previous season in the Bundesliga's Team of the Year.

In reality I doubt he knew much more about him, than I did :D
    I was out walking tonight, Talksport on the ear buds as usual (if not listening to podcasts) and it was the 'Transfer Insiders'.  No idea who these two jokers were.  Ade someone and a fella claiming to support Chelsea.  God knows why they call them the Insiders as they come across as totally clueless.  Anyway, they spoke to the European Expert Andy Brassell.  I can honestly tell you I did not recognise one name that Andy mentioned in his 10 minute segment.  Not one.

Unlike the old days when free and single and I'd probably sit and watch any game in any league in any country, I hardly watch anything beyond Spurs first team games now.  Might occasionally put on a big derby game or something like that but with wife and kids to keep happy, I'm watching less and less these days.  Cant even begin to tell you who Spurs should be signing beyond the PL and Championship now.

• Options

One state-owned Saudi Arabian club buying from a Saudi-owned club to help them with FFP violations. 

Nothing to see here. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

One state-owned Saudi Arabian club buying from a Saudi-owned club to help them with FFP violations. 

Nothing to see here. 
    Yeah, inflated transfer fee incoming no doubt!  How convenient.
  • Options
    Marhez leaving Man City to go to the Saudi League.
    Will be interesting to see how City cope with losing Mahrez and Gundogan.  I'm assuming they'll have replacements lined up, then will they hit the ground running?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Marhez leaving Man City to go to the Saudi League.
    Will be interesting to see how City cope with losing Mahrez and Gundogan.  I'm assuming they'll have replacements lined up, then will they hit the ground running?
    Already have players within in Phillips and Palmer that will help fill the void I'd imagine. 

Also have enough money to go out and buy someone if after a couple of games they think they need better
  • Options
    They’ve already replaced Gundogan with Kovacic. With Palmer coming through they might not need to replace Mahrez. Might need another attacking midfielder if Silva leaves too. 
  • Options
    Palmer is going out on loan i think, with Brighton the favourites to sign him unless Pep wants to do Kompany another favour.

After his successful loan at Sheff utd last season they've decided to keep James McAtee for this season. He's supposed to be their best prospect since Foden.
  • Options
    Newly promoted Burnley have signed goalkeeper James Trafford from Manchester City in a four-year deal worth up to £19m with add-ons.
    City have a 20% sell-on clause and a buy-back option within the deal, which is £15m up front and £4m add-ons.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Nothing to see here. 
    Yeah, inflated transfer fee incoming no doubt!  How convenient.
    To be fair, 26 mil being quoted… in todays market I actually don’t think that is bad at all
  • Options
    Newly promoted Burnley have signed goalkeeper James Trafford from Manchester City in a four-year deal worth up to £19m with add-ons.
    City have a 20% sell-on clause and a buy-back option within the deal, which is £15m up front and £4m add-ons.
    Wasnt that a few weeks back?  Imagine they'd have been happy they got in before he did well in the u21 championships.
  • Options
    He was fantastic for the U21s this summer.
  • Options
    Wasnt that a few weeks back?  Imagine they'd have been happy they got in before he did well in the u21 championships.
    It seems that it was only finalised today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Potential tough times ahead for Palace.

Zaha is reportedly about to sign for Galatasaray. I get he wants to play Champions league football but you'd hardly expect them to go far in it, and he's apparently signing for less money than Palace offered him. 

And Chelsea have apparently bid 39m for Olise, which is 4m above his release clause, in a bid to get Palace to accept the payment in stages. 

Losing both of them would be a big blow.
  • Options
    Real shame to see Palace losing their star men 
  • Options
    Harvey Barnes to Newcastle for 38m is a great signing. Proven PL player, home grown, still relatively young and scored 37 goals from left wing in the last 3 seasons.

If he does well for them, i wouldn't be surprised to see him going to the Euro's next summer.
  • Options

Zaha is reportedly about to sign for Galatasaray. I get he wants to play Champions league football but you'd hardly expect them to go far in it, and he's apparently signing for less money than Palace offered him. 

And Chelsea have apparently bid 39m for Olise, which is 4m above his release clause, in a bid to get Palace to accept the payment in stages. 

Aye, must be tough potentially getting £40m for a player you signed for about a fifth of that, whilst still having better players (Guehi, Doucoure, Eze).

Awful position to be in.
  • Options

Aye, must be tough potentially getting £40m for a player you signed for about a fifth of that, whilst still having better players (Guehi, Doucoure, Eze).

Awful position to be in.
    He's being linked with Liverpool
  • Options
    What on earth is this summer series all about? Who in their right mind wants to watch Fulham vs Brentford in Philadelphia?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    What on earth is this summer series all about? Who in their right mind wants to watch Fulham vs Brentford in Philadelphia?
    Who on earth scheduled Leicester v Spurs in Thailand in monsoon season?
  • Options
    These friendlies in the US have been quite exciting so far. 

Players aren’t throwing in major tackles for obvious reason, but the pace is still there. This Villa/Newcastle match feels like watching 5 a side.

Oh, and no VAR!