Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alfie May - signed for Birmingham (p56 - confirmed & video message from him)

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Relax guys, we won’t struggle to score enough goals between the rest of the players in order to win promotion.
    You win 23 games 1-0 that’s 69 points, then draw 23 games 0-0 totals 92 points. I reckon we have enough players left without Alfie May to get those 23 goals…lemon squeezy.
    That should do it.
    Seth you make this football management malarkey sound so easy peasy.
  • Options
    I'm gutted.

That is all i have to say.

• Options
    Seems a bonkers decision to sell when we don't need to. Another popular player leaves without much of a fight to keep them 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Birmingham have just made the signing of the season, a guy who scores for fun at this level, works his nuts off and antagonises the opposition. They have signed a ready made cult hero. 

We are now back to less forwards than we had for the last couple of seasons and only one of them stays fit. Triffic
    I’m not sure he will actually do that amazingly there. If it was Huddersfield he’d probably score loads but it remains to be seen how Birmingham will play/set up and whether that will suit May
  • Options
    Very pissed off but not surprised after Jones kept taking him off early or even dropping him last season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    Carter said:
    Birmingham have just made the signing of the season, a guy who scores for fun at this level, works his nuts off and antagonises the opposition. They have signed a ready made cult hero. 

We are now back to less forwards than we had for the last couple of seasons and only one of them stays fit. Triffic
    I’m not sure he will actually do that amazingly there. If it was Huddersfield he’d probably score loads but it remains to be seen how Birmingham will play/set up and whether that will suit May
    He scored tons for a truly shit Charlton team and even more for a less shit, but still limited Cheltenham Town. He will dip his bread there and their fans will love him
  • Options
    I blame Tom Brady. 
  • Options
    Have we got any decent idea of the financials? As in how much we clear after Cheltenham and when?
    I am hoping for a Million straight up by Friday.
    We seemingly know we will offer an incoming striker £5000 a week (alleged to be the Alfie wage, which is now off the books) so presumably you could up that a bit as an offer to somebody, and if we have got a decent fee from Birmingham and if Alfie wasn't sold for financial reasons, there is reason to believe we could sign two players who have a degree of credibility.
    Maybe we also have other money.
    So the question now is will it be Tedic and Ladapo, or two good players? 
  • Options
    Very disappointing news. Pretty gutted about this tbh, one of my favourite players in a long time alongside Dobson.

Massive gamble that Jones is taking that I hope works out. For me though, if he is not part of immediate plans for his first 11, surely he could be kept in some way and be told to work his way back into his plans or work on how he could improve the way Jones wants him too. 

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Carter said:
    NabySarr said:
    Carter said:

He scored tons for a truly shit Charlton team and even more for a less shit, but still limited Cheltenham Town. He will dip his bread there and their fans will love him
    He scored tons for two sides who set themselves up entirely to feed him and basically him alone, with the result that other forward players were cast as support act. He may have scored 20 but he probably should have scored 30 given some of the chances he wasted. But here's the thing - are Birmingham going to do that? Will his pace hold up? Will Birmingham have a better penalty taker (probably)? Or is this more of the worst football takes you've all ever seen, blah blah 
    Might want to think about calling it a night
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    UEAAddick said:
    Very disappointing news. Pretty gutted about this tbh, one of my favourite players in a long time alongside Dobson.

Massive gamble that Jones is taking that I hope works out. For me though, if he is not part of immediate plans for his first 11, surely he could be kept in some way and be told to work his way back into his plans or work on how he could improve the way Jones wants him too. 

You can say that again.

By Christmas we are either going to be hailing Jones as a genius or calling for his head because let's be honest to an outsider this decision looks absolutely blooming madness.  

I really hope Jones does know what he is doing because if he doesn't, his stay here is going to be very short and his whole managerial career could end.  
  • Options
    Apparently this has not appeared to have wound me up as much as selling Killer or Sven not taking Darren Bent to the World Cup must be mellowing with age.
  • Options
    Apparently this has not appeared to have wound me up as much as selling Killer or Sven not taking Darren Bent to the World Cup must be mellowing with age.
    Don’t forget Scott Parker!!
  • Options
    Don’t give a shit about losing may, he scored goals in a meaningless wanky season.

I’d put money on it now that the team scores more goals next season than we did last.

absolutely nothing against him but let’s not pretend he’s something that he wasn’t 
    I think we will score more goals than last season. 

I also think we would score even more goals this season with May in the team 
  • Options
    Scott was the most influential player I have seen at Charlton and was gutted that he left but it was a move he engineered so couldn’t blame the club