Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Panutche Camará - Aug 2024 signed for Crawley Town on a year deal (p12)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    Surely they recall him to look after his injury for themselves
    He can go back there for treatment without them recalling him necessarily. I'm sure they'll do that for initial assessments and for the op if one is needed. 

He might get recalled/have loan cancelled anyway, but they don't have to do that just to oversee his treatment. 
  • If we have a clause allowing us to return him, I can see us doing it. I imagine his wages will be quite significant for a start.
  • feel for him with his injuries over the last 18 months or so. Quickly becoming Aneke Mark II.
  • if he's on loan I'd suspect there's a recall/send back clause for January but I doubt we can send him back before then to save his wages.
  • Chunes said:
    Pretty gutting stuff. He was the player I was most excited about watching and of course in true Charlton fashion, he's going to spend most of the season out injured. 
    This. Remember watching him in the behind close door season and thinking this is guy is the real deal. There were glimpses of his talent for Charlton. Feel sorry for the bloke.
  • edited November 2023
    Feel for him.

As for our transfer policy. We have to stop signing players that had bad injuries and have not proven they're fully over those injuries. McGrandles, Taylor, and now Camara. All players we signed who were coming off the back of significant spells out and have since suffered multiple significant injuries while with us. Even if they are "different" injuries, once a player gets one bad one they often seem to get more injury prone in the future. 
  • Has anyone suggested it was "negligence" to play him yet?
  • Feel for him.

As for our transfer policy. We have to stop signing players that had bad injuries and have not proven they're fully over they are over those injuries. McGrandles, Taylor, and now Camara. All players we signed who were coming off the back of significant spells out and have since suffered multiple significant injuries while with us. Even if they are "different" injuries, once a player get one bad one they often seem to get more injury prone in the future. 

Obviously gutted for poor Pan,but this is so true…
  • Off_it said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Add "back with the group" to the dustbin of nonsense.
    Lovely to see him with the group on the grass. Once fit, we’ll go again.
    But will we go again with the high press or the low block?  It's all about minutes.
     Both!
  • Sponsored links:

• Can / will the loan be cancelled in January, given his injury record, and we get someone else in instead?
  • Can / will the loan be cancelled in January, given his injury record, and we get someone else in instead?
    A player we had on loan a few years ago, can't remember who it was, could have his loan cancelled but all three parties had to agree. Hopefully, this is not the case with Pan.
  • Chunes said:
    Pretty gutting stuff. He was the player I was most excited about watching and of course in true Charlton fashion, he's going to spend most of the season out injured. 
    This. Remember watching him in the behind close door season and thinking this is guy is the real deal. There were glimpses of his talent for Charlton. Feel sorry for the bloke.
    The years at Dulwich and Plymouth suggest there was something holding him back
    from making it
  • Never realised hes only played 4 times for Ipswich. 
    Clearly a big injury risk. You can look at this loan move in two ways.
    He was sent to us to get some minutes after said big injury, but then why on earth would you send him to Charlton with our fitness and medical record?
    Or, they knew there was a good chance it would flare up again and they wanted someone else to ease the burden on their purse strings whilst he's sat at home seeing out his contract?
    He was sent to us to get some minutes after said big injury, but then why on earth would you send him to Charlton with our fitness and medical record?
    Or, they knew there was a good chance it would flare up again and they wanted someone else to ease the burden on their purse strings whilst he's sat at home seeing out his contract?
    But then before he joined Ipswich, he played 94 games in 2 seasons for Plymouth, and 118 games in 3 seasons for Crawley, so it's not as if he's had problems for years. 
  • This has got shades of the Chuks Aneke thread, when people questioned why we signed him because of his injury record and others insisted his injury record wasn't bad.
    But then before he joined Ipswich, he played 94 games in 2 seasons for Plymouth, and 118 games in 3 seasons for Crawley, so it's not as if he's had problems for years. 
    Big injuries can change things for players in a big way. They can be a reset button and what a player is like after them is not always what they were like before them. Sometimes the effects are metal and they lose confidence, sometimes they’re fit but have lost a bit of mobility and their form suffers, sometimes there are other physiological side effects and they just become more injury prone in general. Sometimes they come back and are just as good as before. Rufus is one I can think of who got over his first knee injury pretty well. Stevie Brown and his broken leg(s), but we’ve had plenty who never got their old selves back as well.

Any player can get injured at anytime so signing fit players doesn’t guarantee no future injuries but it just seems an unnecessary risk to keep signing players like that. Especially someone like Pan who you’ve got to think was supposed be a key member of our first XI and someone the side was going to built around a bit. 

I guess it’s a bit like opting to buy an Alfa Romeo that was in a bad crash and has been repaired instead of a used Toyota with a full service history. They could both fail their next MOT but you know which one is more likely to. 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    The years at Dulwich and Plymouth suggest there was something holding him back
    from making it

It would appear he had three seasons at Crawley and played a lot of games, likewise for two seasons with Plymouth, but then came the injury at Ipswich.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was really excited to see him sign for us on loan as I have always rated him.....shame about the injuries

• Player doing a hamstring early in a game generally does raise a question-mark about the fitness/conditioning set up. I would love to hear what Charlie-boy has to say about this injury (and Chuks) since he had already identified it as a problem before the takeover. 
  • Player doing a hamstring early in a game generally does raise a question-mark about the fitness/conditioning set up. I would love to hear what Charlie-boy has to say about this injury (and Chuks) since he had already identified it as a problem before the takeover. 
    Didn't he blag some guff to you about the new 'Owners' potential approach towards fitness, injuries and conditioning? 

Good point about such a serious hamstring injury being incurred after 10 minutes....something that's not really been focused on this thread.
  • Can't remember who, Millwallfan will know, but they had a player (can't recall who) that hadn't missed a single game for about 5 seasons. I mean how is that possible. Oh for a team of such players. Yes even Millwall ones!
  • Did we ever recruit anyone for the Performance Director job? Do the responsibilities include the medical stuff? I thought interviews were nearly complete a while ago but I don't remember if anyone was appointed and I've just scanned through the news pages on the official site and couldn't see anything there?
  • mendonca said:
    Player doing a hamstring early in a game generally does raise a question-mark about the fitness/conditioning set up. I would love to hear what Charlie-boy has to say about this injury (and Chuks) since he had already identified it as a problem before the takeover. 
    Didn't he blag some guff to you about the new 'Owners' potential approach towards fitness, injuries and conditioning? 

Good point about such a serious hamstring injury being incurred after 10 minutes....something that's not really been focused on this thread.
    Yes he did, that’s why I reference it. He very much gives the impression that he himself had identified it as an issue. Also re @WrightCharlie question, “Performance” is the word he used in the interview ( a section he asked me to keep off record) and so as he uses it, it seems to mean fitness/conditioning and to some extent medical. 
  • after seeing these two midfielders coming in on loan it reminded me of this chap.

anyone know when or if he will be back in a Charlton shirt? 
  • Seem to recall it being end of January time he was expected to be back, though may be into February before he's match fit. Unless anything's changed of course. 
  • Talal said:
    Seem to recall it being end of January time he was expected to be back, though may be into February before he's match fit. Unless anything's changed of course. 
    Yeah, they said late Jan at the earliest. 
  • Talal said:
    Seem to recall it being end of January time he was expected to be back, though may be into February before he's match fit. Unless anything's changed of course.