Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CONFIRMED - Tayo Edun - Signs on a Two Year Deal

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Croydon said:
    It's even worse when you rewatch it. Neither ball is going anywhere. Really really poor. 
  • Options
    Wasn't we after him about a year before we signed him? 
  • Options
    We signed Matt Penney instead.
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    We signed Matt Penney instead.

Yeah Blackburn got an injury to Pickering I think so we ended up with Penney. 
  • Options
    Alfie completely free but Edun had his eyeballs and boots the wrong way round.
  • Options
    edited February 11
    3 awful touches. First too heavy and puts him too close to the Reading defender. Second a crap cross, Reading defender sells himself too easily so he gets another chance.
    About 5 mins later Edun spanked one off the other side of the pitch iirc.
  • Options
    Can't go forwards, can't defend. Got the worst of both worlds. 

Crazy to base your entire formation around him being good and providing width. 
  • Options
    Useless, get rid, he is not even sunday league, really poor! Watched him carefully against Cray Valley and their full were much better that Edun. 
    Hate criticising but another massive mistake along with Tennai and will help relegate us if they are not taken out the starting 11!
  • Options
    Here's what Holden said about him when he signed:

He’s got huge ambition and that’s the key thing for me. He comes here and he’s going to be a leader who really drives the rest of the players on alongside him. He’s a really exciting player who I’m delighted that we’ve signed.

There is nothing in that statement that could be further from the truth. This is a sham leadership group and Holden was part of it.
  • Options
    edited February 11
    I have been saying for a long time that he is rubbish. And I rarely do that. It amazes me how nobody directly involved with the club has worked that out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have been saying for a long time that he is rubbish. And I rarely do that. It amazes me how nobody directly involved with the club has worked that out. 
    And the only proper left footed alternative is a teenager we signed after the window closed as a punt, a player who couldn’t get regular football at Port Vale or St Mirren.

Probably got a lot of potential, but a relegation battle isn’t the best time to give him a run. We might have to in the hope he’s better than Edun.
  • Options
    Forgot he was here!
  • Options
    he was out on the pitch before the team came out to warm up last night being put through his paces with Ladapo 
  • Options
    edited April 10
    Hasn’t t really shown anything that would encourage Jones to have him firmly in his plans for next season. Year left on contract I think so he’ll be a squad number or preferably loaned. 
  • Options
    I think he has shown enough to ensure he plays no part in our plans for next season.
  • Options
    I was really excited about us signing Tayo but I genuinely can't remember a Charlton player in my lifetime with a worst first touch, it's so important in his position when playing in tight angles but it puts him into trouble constantly.
  • Options
    He's been really disappointing. Looked bad at left back, looked bad at left wingback, looked bad in midfield. He's obviously not a Jones style wingback anyway and I don't see him contributing much in midfield so I think he'll be looking for a new home next season. A real let down of a signing
  • Options
    An Andy Scott special. He's at a Championship Club so must be good. I used to do that on Championship Manager in the early days.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    An Andy Scott special. He's at a Championship Club so must be good. I used to do that on Championship Manager in the early days.
    To be fair to Scott we’d been in for him before hadn’t we? 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    mendonca said:
    The recruitment for the last 3 summers has been atrocious and he epitomises that. Yes, the odd success like Alfie and Dobbo but not many. Gladly we’ve done a little better in January .  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Forgot he was here!
    mendonca said:

• Options
    Another one who has been unlucky with injuries. Reminds me a bit of McGrandles. 
    TE looked really impressive in his first couple of games. Very ‘front footed’ as Jones would say.
    Small, Ramsey and Watson are really strong wing backs. Hopefully TE has a solid pre season, and finds some form and consistency in a generally more settled Charlton. 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    mendonca said:
    Yeah when Scott came in for that January window. Either Scott or Holden (or both) must have been keen on him 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    fenaddick said:
    mendonca said:
    Yeah when Scott came in for that January window. Either Scott or Holden (or both) must have been keen on him 
    Ah my bad, thought he was identified by Gallen. 
  • Options
    edited April 11
    Not good enough, like 90% of our recent signings. 
  • Options
    He’s rubbish, but I doubt anyone is willing to take him off of our hands. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    He’s rubbish, but I doubt anyone is willing to take him off of our hands. 
    Left footed players tend to be less scrutinised and more desired .  Someone will take him .  
  • Options
    I don't actually believe he is a bad player but he is the wrong type of player for the system of wing backs we play. He's not good enough to be first choice in a promotion push but if we played a way that suited his style then I wouldn't mind him as backup (given how hard we have found it to have 2 left backs at the club in the last decade), but he's the wrong player for our system so adds nothing even as a backup.