Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Vlogging for the 23/24 season

Comments

• Options
    Where’s the video then? :-)
    Mate if you think I have the skills to get home, do all the editing and get it done by today :wink:

Videos more than likely up tomorrow, I'm not even home yet fella 
  • Options
    Where’s the video then? :-)
    Mate if you think I have the skills to get home, do all the editing and get it done by today :wink:

Videos more than likely up tomorrow, I'm not even home yet fella 
    good luck with it.

• Options
    It was Karel Fraeye in the laundry basket, not Riga. Riga was the one that managed to keep us up and had us playing reasonably well first time out. Second time out he was less good. 

Don't worry too much at all about your actions and body language etc. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It was Karel Fraeye in the laundry basket, not Riga. Riga was the one that managed to keep us up and had us playing reasonably well first time out. Second time out he was less good. 

Don't worry too much at all about your actions and body language etc. 
    Yeah it's me missing words, I get pulled for it all the time. I knew it was him, I tried saying 'we had a bloke that hid in a laundry basket'

instead it translated to 'sujnfdsudfusn basket' 

I was 100% referring to the second spin with Riga, torrid stuff
  • Options
    Enjoyed the first video a lot - thanks for putting it together.

Like Dazzler says don't worry about your body language and all that, the more authentic it is the better IMO.
  • Options

Like Dazzler says don't worry about your body language and all that, the more authentic it is the better IMO.
    Thank you Callum, you've always been a good egg. 

I was under immense pressure trying to ship this out for ya, the next two will be better 
  • Options
    edited August 2023

I was under immense pressure trying to ship this out for ya, the next two will be better 

Haha of course, was just a bit of crap banter from my end asking where the video was a few hours after the game ended.

Keep going with it but don't feel pressured - worst thing to do would be to turn it from a hobby into a chore. The videos will be ready when they're ready. :-)
  • Options

Haha of course, was just a bit of crap banter from my end asking where the video was a few hours after the game ended.

Keep going with it but don't feel pressured - worst thing to do would be to turn it from a hobby into a chore. The videos will be ready when they're ready. :-)
    Na it weren't crap mate, I knew you were messing haha 

I can already tell I am gonna love it, cheers geezer 
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic v Leyton Orient 23/24 | POST MATCH ANALYSIS & REACTION | #COYR #COYA - YouTube

finally got round to editing the Leyton Orient bits and bobs, better late than never  :*

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton Athletic v Leyton Orient 23/24 | POST MATCH ANALYSIS & REACTION | #COYR #COYA - YouTube

finally got round to editing the Leyton Orient bits and bobs, better late than never  :*

Subscribed, looking forward to watching later. Callum is right (happens occasionally 😋) don't make it a chore, best to see the passion and love for the club 👍
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    **Shameless bump**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPhM7suwlSA

new vid up. I would say this is my best video so far and the only one I am actually fairly happy with. Feels a lot cleaner than the others, more content and half the video duration 

Hope you enjoy  :D
  • Options
    I've subscribed. Good luck with it and look forward to seeing more content.
  • Options
    Nice one, def the best video yet despite the result
  • Options
    Nice whisks
  • Options
    Some really good vlogs so far... keep it up

Still enjoying it I hope - Not finding it a chore at all?
  • Options
    edited August 2023

Thank you mate, really appreciate it.

No not a chore, just need to sharpen a few thing definitely and give myself more time. 

The things I love is speaking to people and getting their views etc, the frustrating part is the audio quality, looking on how to improve that now, 

in terms of editing I find it frustrating but that will get better with time, need some serious work on some thumbnails as well, gonna spend some of my free time tomorrow on how to make decent ones.

Other than that yeah I enjoy it. I need to arrive far earlier to games though, one hour before kick off just simply isn't enough, need a good 3 hours to speak to people etc, I was in such a hurry I didn't get a chance to speak to any P'Boro fans 
  • Options
    Really enjoying this, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Nice vlog mate, didn't realise it at the time but I was stood right behind you, i'll say hello next time. You can even see me making a fool out of myself shouting into the camera  1 minute 56 seconds in... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Fumbluff said:
    Nice whisks
    Are you on about my dodgy tache? cheers either way I guess?  :D

RedJohn said:
    Really enjoying this, keep up the good work.

Great to hear, like I said barring the Pizza cups and as long as work provides I will get one up (hey hey) everytime. I am gonna show up much earlier to the next few cause I want to try and get a proper intro nailed down, particularly for the home fixtures.

Nice vlog mate, didn't realise it at the time but I was stood right behind you, i'll say hello next time. You can even see me making a fool out of myself shouting into the camera  1 minute 56 seconds in... 
    Na you weren't making a fool! I thought that was fkn quality, love getting the fan reactions in. Do so mate, fair warning though, I will try and get a few words from you haha
  • Options
    Good videos, keep 'em coming @Braziliance. Views from the away end, and the views of the away end capture the moment. Post match analysis is well thought out and well delivered.
  • Options
    Good videos, keep 'em coming @Braziliance. Views from the away end, and the views of the away end capture the moment. Post match analysis is well thought out and well delivered.
    Thank you mate, I need to cut the time down though next time as it was a bit longer again and want more footage outside in general. 

Targeting Oxford for when the videos become a bit more clean and run more smoothly 
  • Options

in terms of editing I find it frustrating but that will get better with time, need some serious work on some thumbnails as well, gonna spend some of my free time tomorrow on how to make decent ones.
    What editing software are you using?

For thumbnails - Give canva.com a look, you can select the YouTube thumbnail size as a starting template, and then there are free (or paid) Graphics you can incorporate into the thumbnail without having to create it all yourself.
  • Options

What editing software are you using?

For thumbnails - Give canva.com a look, you can select the YouTube thumbnail size as a starting template, and then there are free (or paid) Graphics you can incorporate into the thumbnail without having to create it all yourself.
    I am using movavi 23 edition, it's not bad tbf and quite easy to follow. 

I'll have a look, mainly just want something simple like a picture of me, clear background and then the two teams badges either side. I'm not bad at editing but useless with stuff like Photoshop, deffo a skill I am looking to learn 
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/h-upkWIBWh8

matchday 3 is up, longest one of the lot, tried hard to trim it down but ended up with just shy of half an hour. Quite content with how it's thrown together but it's still ended up a bit too long, think I just got a bit excited with having the camera working this time at home.

Any feedback welcome, I've noticed the audio on some of my clips is worse after an upload to youtube which is frustrating, they seem fine on my laptop saved file. 

Any questions people would like me to ask fans instead? would people like to see me speak to fans after the game regardless of a win or loss? 

either way hope you enjoy, would have had it up sooner but it took about 4 hours for Youtube to render it in HD
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EElXI6RcQO4&t=318s

I actually didn't get their 2nd and 3rd goals, wasn't prepared to record. 

Tried to make it a bit more snappy this time, will try and make it even shorter in the future as I go along

enjoy :)
  • Options
    Just watched the latest video - really well put together and captured the feeling of both fanbases really well. Already a big difference between the first video and this one only a couple of weeks later so keep it going and hopefully there'll be some better results to go with it soon...
  • Options
    Just watched the latest video - really well put together and captured the feeling of both fanbases really well. Already a big difference between the first video and this one only a couple of weeks later so keep it going and hopefully there'll be some better results to go with it soon...
    Thank you mate, my friend said today the difference between the start and now is night and day. I have got more confident talking on the camera and to people. From a content point of view a bit gutted I didn't get their goals because it adds to the video I think I was just a bit shell shocked though. 

Cheers for watching Cal, I'll certainly keep em' coming, got the champers on ice for our first win where I have the content stuff down.

I want to venture in speaking to fans after the game but obviously have an edge of caution as I don't want to get bad reactions from people and I feel a bit judas approaching fans who have just beaten us 
  • Options
    I personally think you've got a good balance, mostly opposition fans pre-match and CAFC fans at half-time works well in my opinion. Feel like at 5pm on a Saturday, fans are rarely level headers, whether their team won or lost...