Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Vlogging for the 23/24 season

Comments

• Options
    Keep it up mate, watched the vid yesterday and was impressed with how clean it felt with the graphics on screen. Don't worry too much about not capturing their goals, want you to enjoy the match too!
  • Options
    As a matter of interest, what software are you using to edit your video and what are you using to generate the graphics?  It looks really good.
  • Options
    Just watched the latest video - really well put together and captured the feeling of both fanbases really well. Already a big difference between the first video and this one only a couple of weeks later so keep it going and hopefully there'll be some better results to go with it soon...
    Thank you mate, my friend said today the difference between the start and now is night and day. I have got more confident talking on the camera and to people. From a content point of view a bit gutted I didn't get their goals because it adds to the video I think I was just a bit shell shocked though. 

Cheers for watching Cal, I'll certainly keep em' coming, got the champers on ice for our first win where I have the content stuff down.

I want to venture in speaking to fans after the game but obviously have an edge of caution as I don't want to get bad reactions from people and I feel a bit judas approaching fans who have just beaten us 
    Keep them coming.....a good watch.
  • Options
    Keep it up mate, watched the vid yesterday and was impressed with how clean it felt with the graphics on screen. Don't worry too much about not capturing their goals, want you to enjoy the match too!
    Thank you so much mate, currently I'm really happy with how it's turned out, my latest two vids are both close to 2k and I didn't expect to be anywhere close to those numbers. I was hoping for around 50-80 views a vid and just something to look back on.

When you say graphics on screen so you mean when I display the goals etc and the fades? 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    As a matter of interest, what software are you using to edit your video and what are you using to generate the graphics?  It looks really good.
    I use Movavi studio editor, I paid for a yearly scheme which cost me around 30 quid.

What in particular do you think looks good cause I am trying to work out how to make the vids shorter etc 

Thank you for watching John :smile:
  • Options
    Just watched the latest video - really well put together and captured the feeling of both fanbases really well. Already a big difference between the first video and this one only a couple of weeks later so keep it going and hopefully there'll be some better results to go with it soon...
    Thank you mate, my friend said today the difference between the start and now is night and day. I have got more confident talking on the camera and to people. From a content point of view a bit gutted I didn't get their goals because it adds to the video I think I was just a bit shell shocked though. 

Cheers for watching Cal, I'll certainly keep em' coming, got the champers on ice for our first win where I have the content stuff down.

I want to venture in speaking to fans after the game but obviously have an edge of caution as I don't want to get bad reactions from people and I feel a bit judas approaching fans who have just beaten us 
    Keep them coming.....a good watch.
    Thank you mate, will do. I've enjoyed it so much so I am now probably gonna do the Crawley pizza cup game 😂
  • Options
    Thank you so much mate, currently I'm really happy with how it's turned out, my latest two vids are both close to 2k and I didn't expect to be anywhere close to those numbers. I was hoping for around 50-80 views a vid and just something to look back on.

When you say graphics on screen so you mean when I display the goals etc and the fades? 
    Yeah the graphics for the goals more so than the fades, just felt aesthetically pleasing 
  • Options

Yeah the graphics for the goals more so than the fades, just felt aesthetically pleasing 
    Cracking stuff, I was also quite happy with how easy it is to add it in and how clean it looks, will certainly keep it in then. 

I'm in the office today so I'll be watching a few things to figure out how to make it look cleaner and I'm gonna add some gear to my mic for sound quality and stability. Footage is a hit shaky atm 
  • Options
    Subbed, just joined today and checked out the latest video. I enjoyed it, the predictions and brief preview and half time verdict. Keep up the good work
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Subbed, just joined today and checked out the latest video. I enjoyed it, the predictions and brief preview and half time verdict. Keep up the good work
    Thank you 👍🏻 aiming to mix it up for Oxford, gonna get there very early and focus more on away fans and short snips of Oxford over talking to the camera as much, aiming to get it down to about 12 minutes this time 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7MxZD3G_0E

New one up! really enjoyed making this one, got plenty of fan interaction which now really adds to my matchday experience and tried something new at the end where I walk and talk rather than waiting to get home and doing so. Video has turned out a bit longer than expected but the fans I spoke to had a fair bit to say and I like getting their bits on there. Also as it was a win I tried to make it a bit more lengthy

You may notice I have also chopped my hair off and gone for the classic Dad cut, it's not someone else that's taken over the videos don't be alarmed.

Appreciate if anyone watches as per and hope you enjoy,

Shameless Bump! COME ON YOU ADDICKS!
  • Options
    Great video. Fleetwood fan nailed his prediction.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Thank you geezer!

I thought those Fleetwood fans were spot on and could to hear their modest views.

Also liked the pair of Addicks, thought they were rational mostly and ended up being correct.

Out of interest did you prefer that I closed to video with a quick talk to the camera while walking or does it end better when I reflect when home. I am trying to make the video flow more naturally is all 
  • Options
    Latest one up, I originally wasn't going to do the EFL Cup games but the Wigan cancellation forced my hand.

Got to be honest not my best video, missed goals due to; being late by one min, changing a battery, going for a piss and pressing stop record cause my colour settings were missed. Other than that I finally managed to speak to a fan after the game and get their view on us.

Hope you enjoy it for what's on there, there will be a drastic improvement by Stevenage hopefully as my friend who is a professional photographer/film buff is going to help me with a few things.

if you haven't already done so I'd appreciate a like, sub drop etc.

here it is, hope you enjoy: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFExeNzHS_0
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Thank you geezer!

I thought those Fleetwood fans were spot on and could to hear their modest views.

Also liked the pair of Addicks, thought they were rational mostly and ended up being correct.

Out of interest did you prefer that I closed to video with a quick talk to the camera while walking or does it end better when I reflect when home. I am trying to make the video flow more naturally is all 
    Personally prefere it straight after the match but maybe so you can get your thoughts together for some analysis do a bit of both. 
    For production a few filler shots/cut aways to break up the edits. Your mate who knows about filming might know about all that but it depends how you want your content to feel. More spontaneous or a slicker type of production. I don't mind the longer videos but in this day and age anything beyond 15mins (or 15 seconds if tik tok is anything to go by) people switch off/scroll past. Hard balance. Otherwise I've enjoyed the videos so far. Always good to get the oppositions thought on themselves and on us. 
  • Options
    Plus go for a thumbnail of either a hot girl, a cute dog or a fight in mid flow and you'll get millions of views in no time. Holy grail of a hot girl chucking a cute puppy at an aggressive geezer is what your looking for. 
  • Options
    I am really not sure, I have an idea on how I want the videos to go, Port Vale and Fleetwood at home are the two closest examples. I understand video length can be a massive hindrance though, I've noticed a lot of big vloggers do theirs in 8 mins or less.

I probably could do this by cutting some of the interviews and only showing goals but then it feels less authentic and like a story, I'll probably delve into shorts, stuff like Dobbos screamer yesterday

Cheers for watching and giving me feedback mate.

Thumbnail bait is definitely a factor, I've been trying to freeze frame a picture of myself from the game every time that matches the feel of the day 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WXdlTyDkyk

bump bump

Brief chat on Appleton taking the reigns to save a talking point for Stevenage. Without watching I can tell you I hardly am inspired by him.

Few wagers on there that I will stick to for a bit of fun, I wasn't sure whether to upload this but figured why not. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great videos as usual, can you just edit it at the end to say Charlton won, thanks.
  • Options
    RedJohn said:
    Great videos as usual, can you just edit it at the end to say Charlton won, thanks.
    Will do it next time, regardless of the outcome haha. Cheers though mate, like I said it's not an overwhelmingly positive video but I'd rather discuss it than not so it saves time on the next vid
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Good to have your camera angle opposite from where the official footage is , didn’t realise how spongey Tedic’s  finish was .
    keep up the good work👍

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Good to have your camera angle opposite from where the official footage is , didn’t realise how spongey Tedic’s  finish was .
    keep up the good work👍

Nice one ooh aah, cheers 

It was pony haha, not a chance he meant it (maybe I'm wrong) and I couldn't believe it went in. Goal is a goal but I'm not sure what he was going for. 

I quite like this view watching the game, I've sat more or less from every view* in the ground now but I think where I am sitting now gives you a really decent view of any big moment in the game 
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Just a quick one for anyone who watches my videos fairly consistently, I am looking for maybe some harsh/constructive feedback.

Is there any gripes anyone has with the vids so far? 

Like tone, the way the video runs, run time, the audio etc. Anything you think should be added or taken away? 

Always looking for ways to improve and have some downtime now until Shrewsbury away, any help would be much appreciated.

If you don't wanna seem harsh in a public domain, please feel free to DM me, cheers :) 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quVUwIAUWJ0&feature=youtu.be

new one here, mic upgrade and tried my interviews with myself in the mix, 

unfortunately the mic quality was less than ideal in the ground itself attached to my collar! Small fix for Exeter, 

hope you enjoy :)
  • Options
    Get bigger collars, try an 80’s FADS shirt…
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Get bigger collars, try an 80’s FADS shirt…
    Is this a joke? If so it's gone right over my head