Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

simon jordan

Comments

• Options
    Snot goblin or something like that
  • Options
    Snot gobblers.
    Pretty sure we've called him a rude name or two.
  • Options
    Snot gobblers.
    Pretty sure we've called him a rude name or two.
    Cheers.
    I know I've called him worse. I am mellowing on him now. I find myself agreeing with him which annoys me.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Nice to hear that from Murphy about the day we relegated Palace. Jordan thought we were up for the game because they beat us in the cup and our pitchside announcer called them Palarse.

Murphy says nope, we found out about Dowie's little dossier about some of our teams poorer attributes which fired us up.

Never knew that and clearly Jordan didn't either.
    I can provide a little insight into the Dowie dossier.

Some years back a very good friend of mine who lives in Verona became Press Officer at Chievo.  We visited Verona many times and were treated to tours of the stadium, presented with Chievo books and got to know the President at that time (Luca Campadelli) quite well.

Imagine our delight then, when, in 2004, a pre-season friendly is arranged with Chievo at The Valley.  Based on our history, my lads and I were cordially invited by the Italians to join them in the Directors' Box ... and there we sat ... a wonderful experience, marred only by the presence of Dowie and his brother, George, a couple of rows in front of us.

We were close enough that we were able to read the notes that Dowie took during the game.  I have to say that they were full of insight, deeply perceptive ... and a real weapon against less well-prepared opposition ... but, judge for yourself:

Talal El Karkouri - good on ball.  Quite fast

See what I mean?

Now ... my lads can recognise when an opportunity presents itself.  So, holding back the nerves, they approached "Mister Dowie" (for that is what they called him) and asked if he might autograph the back of a folded Sam Bartram Statue Fund leaflet.

"Of course" replied the slightly flattered Davros look-alike.  And ... so treasured was that moment, and the signature itself, we have kept it to this day.

What "Mister Dowie" would not have known is that the other part of the leaflet already contained some words penned on his behalf by one of my mischievous children.

Tee hee!

Brilliant
  • Options
    think hes very good on talksport and comes out with some brilliant vocab

" i dont mean to be a curmudgeon " being one of my favourites.  
  • Options
    Oh please, not another Simon Jordan wankfest.

Sure, the bloke talks some sense at times and has undoubtedly matured and become less brash over the years. But I would suggest that much of this new found love for the orange one is down to the fact that we have been an absolute freakshow over the past few years and him speaking up for us, in comparison to what we have had in our own ranks, makes him seem "normal".

Reality is that he's still a massive cock. Albeit a cock that has shown us some sympathy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

Sure, the bloke talks some sense at times and has undoubtedly matured and become less brash over the years. But I would suggest that much of this new found love for the orange one is down to the fact that we have been an absolute freakshow over the past few years and him speaking up for us, in comparison to what we have had in our own ranks, makes him seem "normal".

Reality is that he's still a massive cock. Albeit a cock that has shown us some sympathy.
    Well you could argue that if we weren't such a freak show then he wouldn't have reason to comment.

But it's not just us, he talks the most sense of anyone on there on a wide range of subjects. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Well you could argue that if we weren't such a freak show then he wouldn't have reason to comment.

But it's not just us, he talks the most sense of anyone on there on a wide range of subjects. 
    Usually to the embarrassment of Jim White, which is another point in his defence 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Let's be fair, it's a pretty low bar.
  • Options
    I thought it was funny when Jordan said he did not like our fans for the way we laughed at Palaces demise when we relegated them, Danny Murphy then said, "I was playing in that game" and Jordan came back with, "i can't remember you playing", obviously meaning he did not stand out as a good player
  • Options
    "we sent the Palace down" 

Beautiful words in its day but totally passe now with Palace light years ahead from Cafc now and two divisions higher.

I'm expecting just the one like from DS.

• Options
    Palace have been in the premier league since the summer of 2013 and they wont be going down anytime soon. Solid as a rock.

Pretty much out done us now via our 2000-2007 prem days.

• Options
    I only listen to talksport when someone posts a link on here but the few times I've heard him I always think he talks a lot of sense & although he had a bit of a pop about us doing a conga when we sent them down I think he seems to have a bit of maybe not a soft spot but grudging admiration for us fans. As a presenter/pundit I quite like him. (& try & forget he's a nigel)
    You truly are a wise man. For the most part, it's utter garbage! Infested with amateurish, narcissistic egotists who's sole job is to court controversy to encourage people to phone in and swell TalkSport's commercial coffers. 

It's an awful radio station. 
  • Options
    Just as I was beginning to reduce my dislike of him for some of the sense he talks on Talksport he went and impregnated this woman. 

Jammy bastard.

• Options
    She's a bit of a tiger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    She's a bit of a tiger.
    When I found out someone had got her pregnant a little piece of my died, when I found out it was him I nearly cried.
  • Options
    Has anyone seen Darren Farleys impression of Simon Jordan?

It's absolute dollars for donuts rather accurate and funny!

I'd like to see Jordans reaction to it. He will hate it. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Just as I was beginning to reduce my dislike of him for some of the sense he talks on Talksport he went and impregnated this woman. 

Jammy bastard.

That is annoying tbf

Imagine SJ opens his front door after a stressful afternoon at talksport via having an argument with someone. 

He spots Richard Murray running out the back of his house with his trousers down to his ankles. Richard and SJs his wife have secretly been having an affair...

The fued ain't finished. It's only just begun...and she now longer supports Hull!
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Jammy bastard.

Ull's finest  <3
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I recently finished his book "Careful what you wish for"

I have to say I like some of what he has to say but you  do also finish up thinking he brought a lot of his downfall on himself with his behaviour.  But he doiesn't seem overly bitter and acknowledges he had a great time for a while.

It's actually a rather interesting story tbf
    I've just finished his book as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Liked the part when he talked about all the managers he employed and sacked. He's good on Talksport especially now Graeme Souness is now on.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    One thing I've noticed of him is that he's tolerable and decent to listen to when just given a sole platform to talk,talk,talk. He's effectively conversing with himself. 

When he's interviewing somebody, it's quite the opposite. So pompous, ratty and condescending. Like a child, but in an adults body with crap skin and hair. 

The 'Wow Simon speaks so much sense' following will phase out soon...
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    One thing I've noticed of him is that he's tolerable and decent to listen to when just given a sole platform to talk,talk,talk. He's effectively conversing with himself. 

When he's interviewing somebody, it's quite the opposite. So pompous, ratty and condescending. Like a child, but in an adults body with crap skin and hair. 

He just loves the sound of his own voice. He doesn't believe anything he says, he just says the opposite of what the other person argues to wind them up and seem interesting.
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    UEAAddick said:
    mendonca said:

He just loves the sound of his own voice. He doesn't believe anything he says, he just says the opposite of what the other person argues to wind them up and seem interesting.
    that in a nutshell is the format for the majority of the Talksport 'discussion' shows .. I call it the pub quarrel set up. Martin Keown for example, a model of diplomacy when he's on the Beeb excels as a 'know all argumentative' persona when he's on TSport
    The Beeb try to copy this with the useless Micah Richards (is he REALLY paid between £200k and 220k by the licence payer ?) as a contrarian  .. the epitome of the BBC's efforts along those lines is 6 0 6 on R5Live, wherein Robbie Savage and the increasingly unbearable Chris Sutton nick a living by constantly arguing with each other, and when a phone in pundit gets a chance to get a word in,  Sutton will start on him whatever the topic and Savage usually backs the caller !! f f s  >:)