Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 23/24

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    God I hate Madrid. Would love Dortmund to do them but they're massive underdogs and just cannot see it
    Out of interest, why? This is the most "likeable" Madrid team they've probably ever had, Ancelotti, Bellingham, Modric are all likeable characters, they have exciting youngsters in Vini Jr, Rodrygo, Camavinga and Tchouameni, Nacho and Carvajal are steady stalwarts of Real, Joselu is a rags to riches story, they've played all season with their third choice keeper who's a relative youngster from Ukraine. There's hardly any "Galacticos" in the side right now too
    I hate Madrid mainly because of their greedy wanker owners and fickle shit fans.
  • Options
    What is it with managers taking their star players off to hold onto a slender lead, seems to never end well 
  • Options
    Always felt as though subbing Kane with five minutes left was a brave decision from Tuchel.

Bet he wishes he could throw him back on the pitch now.
    You call it brave, i would call it stupid.

It was always likely Madrid would score, as others have said even if they then didn't get the winner, what were Bayern going to do in extra time without Kane, Sane and Musiala on the pitch?
  • Options

• Options
    What is it with managers taking their star players off to hold onto a slender lead, seems to never end well 
    Something Southgate will probably do lol 
  • Options
    https://talksport.com/football/1862575/borussia-dortmund-jude-bellingham-champions-league-final/

Dortmund win - Dortmund make £17.2m in prize money

Real Madrid win - Dortmund make £19.3m in prize money and Bellingham bonuses
  • Options
    Italy will become the first country in history to have 6 teams in a single CL season if Atalanta finish the season in 5th place in Serie A. Roma will be their 6th entrant.
  • Options
    Borussia Dortmund: Kobel; Schlotterbeck, Hummels, Maatsen, Ryerson; Sabitzer, Can (c); Sancho, Brandt, Adeyemi; Fullkrug

Subs: Meyer, Lotka, Ozcan, Nmecha, Haller, Reus, Wolf, Moukoko, Malen, Sule, Watjen, Bynoe-Gittens

Real Madrid: Courtois; Carvajal, Nacho (c), Rudiger, Mendy; Kroos, Camavinga, Valverde; Bellingham, Vinicius Jr, Rodrygo

Subs: Lunin, Kepa, Militao, Alaba, Modric, Joselu, Lucas Vazquez, Tchouameni, Ceballos, Garcia, Brahim, Guler.
  • Options
    Would like Dortmund to win it but expect Madrid to win quite comfortably.
  • Options
    Supporting Dortmund tonight and am completely outnumbered here!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would love Dortmund to win also but as long as Bellingham plays a big part in it, wouldn’t be upset by a Madrid win.
  • Options
    Would love Dortmund to win also but as long as Bellingham plays a big part in it, wouldn’t be upset by a Madrid win.
    If I was an England fan I’d just want him to get through without getting injured, wouldn’t care how he played 
  • Options
    If I was an England fan I’d just want him to get through without getting injured, wouldn’t care how he played 
    Hadn’t even considered that ffs
  • Options
    Incredible to see Maatsen playing in the Champions League Final!

I still remember him being played on the right side of midfield for us once!
  • Options
    Knobhead on the pitch in the first minute, trying to get a selfie with Bellingham
  • Options
    Was driving back from the Netherlands yesterday, and the roads where packed with Dortmund fans on the way to London, massive support 
  • Options
    edited June 1
    Huge chance for Adeyemi 1v1 against Courtois but he went too wide trying to go around the keeper
  • Options
    Huge chance for Adeyemi 1v1 against Courtois but he went too wide trying to go around the keeper
    Thought he could of waited for the keeper to hit him.
  • Options
    What a brilliant pass by Maatsen but Fullkrug can only hit the post
  • Options
    edited June 1
    I can't think of a side as lucky as Madrid.

This is multiple Champions League runs in a row where absolutely everything has gone their way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dortmund definitely in this - in fact been on top the last 5-10 mins.
  • Options
    Dortmund definitely in this - in fact been on top the last 5-10 mins.
    Not just in it, they've been all over Real.

Will probably regret not taking their chances though given Real's history in the CL of winning games they looked second best in.
  • Options
    edited June 1
    I know there’s a lot of snobbery about wearing colours to games in England, but the two ends at Wembley look great, because of the colours, and not a sea of pastel coloured ill fitting polo shirts 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I know there’s a lot of snobbery about wearing colours to games in England, but the two ends at Wembley look great, because of the colours, and not a sea of pastel coloured ill fitting polo shirts 
    Lol, he says, looking down his nose ......
  • Options
    Vinicius is such a tosser at times. Diving non stop that half.

Dortmund will be pushed to keep this up but they have been outstanding 
  • Options
    edited June 1
    Jose is a proper mood hoover in the punditry stakes. No idea what he's saying but it's so flat and boring in tone. 
  • Options
    edited June 1
    link for anyone in need; (scroll down a little and it's there, press play button)

https://www.matkasingle.net/cl-football-borussia-dortmund-vs-real-madrid-01-06-24/

• Options
    Never thought I’d say this but Joselu would be the difference in this final. 

Just no focal point or out ball for Madrid to get forward and occupy the Dortmund defenders. 
  • Options
    Carvajal scores. 1-0 Madrid with 15 mins plus added time to go.
  • Options
    And there you are. Madrid are gonna get a jammy undeserved win again