Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2023-24 - Final v Hendon, Mon 29th April 7:45pm @Dulwich Hamlet (p7)

The draw has been released and I can't see another thread about this year's cup, so here goes. As with previous years, the dates of matches are by mutual agreement so aren't easily predictable. The Charlton side entered will be the under-21s.

Round 1: away at Cockfosters.
Round 2: away at New Salamis or Welling United
Quarter Final: home against one of Haringey Borough, Athletic Newham, Barking or Leyton Orient.
Semi-final: away
Final: neutral venue

I assume the Orient team is their Youth Alliance side rather than the firsts; the draw that I've seen posted didn't specify.

Comments

• Options
    More league sides joining every year.

Brentford, QPR, Wimbledon, Orient and Charlton.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Surprised Spurs haven't entered. Easiest chance of silverware for them
    I have visions of us playing Spurs U21 in the final last season, and seeing a Barry Kane in their lineup.
  • Options
    New Salamis FC have a cafe in Bounds Green, always been tempted to pop in 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I wonder why they decided on New Salamis and not New Chorizos or New Saveloys
  • Options
    Cockfosters' ground is a short walk from Cockfosters tube station. I'm told that games in this competition go straight to penalties for the first three rounds with no extra time, if that makes a difference to anyone's travel plans.

I will admit I hadn't heard of New Salamis. They turn out to be sharing at Haringey. 
  • Options
    A good competition for ground tickers this, Cockfosters are a very low level side
  • Options
    A good competition for ground tickers this, Cockfosters are a very low level side
    Esses Senior League I believe.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Surprised Spurs haven't entered. Easiest chance of silverware for them
    They'd still get knocked out in the 1st round.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I take it this team is made up of Cypriots as there is a team in Div 1 in Cyprus called Nea Salamis
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I take it this team is made up of Cypriots as there is a team in Div 1 in Cyprus called Nea Salamis
    Correct, the two do have a connection
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Name probably more to do with this place:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Salamis
    than cured meat. 
  • Options
    The cafe is on Myddelton Road, which is Peak Cyprus, yeah. Vrisaki is opposite, one of the best restaurants in London! Source: I am half Greek Cypriot
  • Options
    We're still waiting for a date to be fixed for the first round game. It's the only first round fixture that hasn't been agreed yet, most of the others are in the next few days if they haven't already been played. We were quite late with our fixtures last season, but in this case I think it may be down to Cockfosters having been on a bit of a run in the FA Vase which may have meant their midweeks have been busier than normal. 

One bit of news tonight is that the winner of our match will be away at Welling, after they won 2-1 at New Salamis today.
  • Options
    The first round match away at Cockfosters will be played on Wednesday 15th November. The winners are away to Welling United.
  • Options
    We're still waiting for a date to be fixed for the first round game. It's the only first round fixture that hasn't been agreed yet, most of the others are in the next few days if they haven't already been played. We were quite late with our fixtures last season, but in this case I think it may be down to Cockfosters having been on a bit of a run in the FA Vase which may have meant their midweeks have been busier than normal. 

One bit of news tonight is that the winner of our match will be away at Welling, after they won 2-1 at New Salamis today.
    Almost guarantees that Leaburn will be picked for the next round if we win at Cockfosters
  • Options
    The final of the London Senior Cup is scheduled for 30th April 2024 at Bromley FC.
  • Options
    Do we no longer play in the Kent Cup?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Not since lockdown
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd have thought the Q/F would be played away unless we get Orient.
  • Options
    Cray Valley PM v Balham on Thursday…
  • Options
    Cray Valley PM v Balham on Thursday…
    Probably get a bigger gate than normal should you be able to get a replay ticket.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    In the 20-21 season when everything was all over the place with restrictions, the Kent FA decided not to run their cup while the London FA decided to go ahead with almost all the games played behind closed doors. The London FA contacted clubs who were affiliated to them and to another county FA and had historically entered the other county's cup and invited them to enter; we were one of a few who decided to switch. There's nothing in the rules to say a club can't enter both, and some do, but we've decided to stick with the one.
    I'd have thought the Q/F would be played away unless we get Orient.
    Last year we didn't have a home draw until the semi, but we did end up playing that at Dartford. I don't know if that was a change of policy or just that because everything had got very late in the season our opponents may not have had time to organise it.
  • Options
    Most games in round 1 now played, a few next week including ours and Orient's:

Round 1: away at Cockfosters.
    Round 2: away at Welling United
    Quarter Final: home against one of Haringey Borough, Barking or Leyton Orient.
    Semi-final: away at one of Hilltop, Balham, Metropolitan Police or Bromley 
    Final: neutral venue (Bromley FC)
  • Options
    A shame this clashes with the Cray Valley replay
  • Options
    A shame this clashes with the Cray Valley replay
    Have you managed to get a ticket for the replay?
  • Options
    If anyone can't bear the thought of watching us on TV in the FA Cup, admission at Cockfosters is £10 adults, £5 concessions, free for under-18s. The easiest way to get there is get yourself to King's Cross and then head north on the Piccadilly until they kick you off the train. It's a short walk from the tube station, but about an hour and a half from Charlton. I'd be tempted if the last train back to Swindon wasn't going to be a rail replacement bus tonight...
  • Options
    If anyone can't bear the thought of watching us on TV in the FA Cup, admission at Cockfosters is £10 adults, £5 concessions, free for under-18s. The easiest way to get there is get yourself to King's Cross and then head north on the Piccadilly until they kick you off the train. It's a short walk from the tube station, but about an hour and a half from Charlton. I'd be tempted if the last train back to Swindon wasn't going to be a rail replacement bus tonight...
    unless you get kicked off the train at Arnos Grove.