Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

London Senior Cup 2023-24 - Final v Hendon, Mon 29th April 7:45pm @Dulwich Hamlet (p7)

Comments

• Options
    Slightly surprised Asiimwe and Anderson aren't playing but maybe Jones wants to have a look at them first for the first team.
  • Options
    Hope Adigun isn't playing against us.
  • Options
    Very similar to Monday.
  • Options
    Link at all? 
  • Options
    Worried that ground may soon be no more so popping down for this one 
     :o What's that all about ? Remember going to Park View Road with my Dad to watch Bexleyheath & Welling & later they became Bexley United. Eventually went bust & years later Welling United moved in.
  • Options
    Losing 1-0
  • Options
    Got to get our act together and compete for the trophy.
  • Options
    No further updates, guys ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks, AFKA ! 

Come on you young guns ! 

Retain your Cup ! 
  • Options
    2-1 Casey again, nice crisp volley after good wide play from Ladapo 
    Bless his cotton socks ! 
  • Options
    edited February 7
    final score 2-1
    Great stuff ! 

The first of 2 victories this week.  :)
  • Options
    Patrick Casey with a brace continues his Kanu type scoring to take the lads through.
  • Options
    Barking at home next round. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I actually think Casey's goal scoring record is likely a little better than Kanu.  Going to be a star this boy.
  • Options
    The other quarter finals are being played in the week of 20/21 Feb, but as far as I know there isn't a fixed deadline. I guess we'll want to play it in a week when the u-21 league game is on the Monday, so not that week.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates AFKA
  • Options
    Casey isn't easy to define as a player, but I suppose the definition is in the sheer number of goals he scores.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that, a good honest competitive game and great value for a fiver. Only about 200 or so there and it’s a great contrast to first team games where you can hear the players, ref, coaches etc so clearly.

considering they had a side thrown together, was very impressed with Welling. Fitness levels for fringe Conf South level players was fantastic and they were very well organised considering. 

We lacked any real oompth 1st half but looked much sharper after the break. Got to about 75 mins and you could see Welling were tiring, losing their shape and the game was getting stretched. You sensed we were going to score and we did.

Casey feels a bit of a throwback striker who doesn’t get too involved, but he is an incredibly natural finisher, a born goal scorer. If he can add other bits to his game he has a real future.

i haven’t watched much U21 level football for a while and I don’t know the ages of ours featuring, but I’ve certainly seen us have stronger groups in the past. Mbick improved us when he come on with Ladapo, who also added something and done well for the 2nd goal.

As for Welling, I’ve some brilliant night game memories at Park View Road stretching back to the mid-80s, it saddens me seeing the old ground looking worse than it did then. I do hope Welling can rally, stay up and find a positive future. I think they’ve a chance on the pitch but I’m less confident about off it.

MoM was Welling manager Gary Geezer’s 90s Slick Rick barnet staying immaculately in place for 98 minutes. Some heavy duty putty is being applied there! 

Up the Addicks and Up the Wings 👍
    seth plum said:
    Casey isn't easy to define as a player, but I suppose the definition is in the sheer number of goals he scores.
    Similar stamp to them both but perhaps more Robbie Fowler than Michael Owen in that most of the goals I've seen him score have been in and around the box rather than the latter's lightning pace assisted efforts? 
  • Options
    Always fantastic to see our development squads do well.
    It can only help our first team.
    COYR! <3